So as the title says, I am new Z10 owner, I know it's an old device but it works for me on T-Mobile and has Wifi Calling...

My question is what case for the phone do you recommend? I usually go otterbox but after reading about how the swipe features are harder with it I decided to try to find another case. I am a heavy user so I'd like to have a sturdy case that adds some protection to the screen in case of a drop. What do you guys suggest?
    11-19-14 01:04 PM
    Amazon has a bunch of different types of cases.
    Go here:
    Amazon.com: blackberry z10 cases

Also, get a screen protector. It will help, but won't protect against a hammer.
    11-19-14 01:07 PM
    I have owned 2 transform hard shells. Corner protection and you can set the phone face down and it keeps the screen off of the surface. If you want full enclosure, the flip shell is basically the transform hard shell but with a full screen cover.
    11-19-14 01:09 PM
    I just got a new black Z10 on Monday myself :-) it's a great phone!

I recommend the Siedio active case and holster that I'm using on my Z10:

New Z10 Owner-img_20141119_174030.jpg

Here's a review of it:

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 04:44 PM
    I have an Incipio case on mine and it has kept the phone in like new condition despite daily use. Before you decide on a case you may want to see if you are going to stick with the stock battery or get a high capacity battery as the latter increases the size of the phone and won't be compatible with many cases.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:38 PM
    Incipipio. My phone is still looking brand new.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:43 PM
    Had the otterbox, I now have a $5 cheap caae because the otterbox made swiping a pain

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:48 PM
    Hands down the greatshield case is the way to go.
    11-19-14 07:57 PM
    My personal solution, a transform case inside a Roots leather holster. Works great . Tried several different screen protectors and discarded all of them - I like my screen naked!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 08:24 PM
    I used to love my incipio dual pro...but get it in black and avoid the stainless...marks up too easy...casemate also makes some pretty protective cases without the bulk of the otter box
    11-19-14 08:57 PM
    I use a CrackBerry Crunk case and Bodygaurdz screen protector, I do construction and have dropped it numerous times and still looks brand new! Even dropped it face first on my bathroom tile floor from about 4 feet up. BlackBerry quality is outstanding!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:32 PM
    So as the title says, I am new Z10 owner, I know it's an old device but it works for me on T-Mobile and has Wifi Calling...

My question is what case for the phone do you recommend? I usually go otterbox but after reading about how the swipe features are harder with it I decided to try to find another case. I am a heavy user so I'd like to have a sturdy case that adds some protection to the screen in case of a drop. What do you guys suggest?
    Heavy user? Try the Powerskin http://www.amazon.com/PowerSkin-Batt...UvbUpU11095988

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:22 AM
    ACase SuperLeggera Pro or similar. There are many types to be had on Ebay. For excellent prices. Go to eBay and search "BlackBerry Z10 Acase SuperLeggera Pro" . A plethora of options will show. Good Luck!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    11-20-14 02:36 AM
    I'd say the transform case. It is minimal in design and protects the corners which are the most vulnerable part of any phone plus you can use it as a stand to watch videos Hands free.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 04:00 AM
    I use the BBerry leather pouch with the magnetic on/off (etc) feature. It keeps the phone like new, solid protection and I like using the phone (out of the case of course) naked, I also have an incipio but prefer the pouch.

BTW, the phone is not "old", just not "current". I like it so much I bought a second.
    11-20-14 04:30 AM
    I used an OtterBox Defender on my Z10 for a year and a half. Got used to the slightly inhibited swipes. No problem for me and the protection was great. But I didn't particularly like the holster. The phone tended to pop out if I knocked it against something. I just recently got the Seido Convert Combo which was the Crackberry Store deal of the day. Protection seems to be pretty good and it comes with a premium screen protector. There's more screen real estate now and the swiping is easier. However, the screen is so darned sensitive now that I'm constantly opening things that I didn't mean to! It's like learning the phone all over again. Also, the case is a bit more slippery than the OtterBox and while the holster is much more secure than the OtterBox, it's almost impossible to remove the phone with one hand. Kind of takes away from the whole idea of having the phone accessible on your hip.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    11-20-14 08:35 AM
    Sell your phone and get a z30. Of not that, I went with poetic atmosphere.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 11:36 AM
    I use the BBerry leather pouch with the magnetic on/off (etc) feature. It keeps the phone like new, solid protection and I like using the phone (out of the case of course) naked, I also have an incipio but prefer the pouch.

BTW, the phone is not "old", just not "current". I like it so much I bought a second.
    Yes me too, it's great, even dog proof =)
    11-20-14 11:53 AM

And looks much better than a lot of the plastic etc. competition.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:03 PM