Just picked up a Z10 after 4 years on a Palm Pre. Mixed feelings :-)

Biggest issue so far is that for certain contacts I'v set ring tones, call tones, email tones etc. Since the Z10 doesn't have a "privacy" preview like Palm I need separate tones for certain people. If my big boss calls I need the most annoying ringtone in the world so I answer. If I'm out training new hires then I need tones for "Hey this is the wife, answer my text" vs a new hire texting me Saturday morning, which can wait until Monday morning.

Is there a certain set of settings that need to be activated for this? It is being saved and contact pictures show up with no problems.
    10-26-13 08:07 AM
    Are you updated to the latest is? Welcome to cb!
    10-26-13 08:12 AM
    Yes, did the update as soon as I pulled it out of the box before anything was done. I'v tried using my ring tones, BB supplied tones everything. It won't even modify the vibrate setting. If I have normal notifications set to no vibrate but a contact 'yes" then it should do it just for that contact. The tones itself are a major deal through.
    10-26-13 05:30 PM
    no issue setting contacts tone/vibrate on 10.2.0.1767 here. From within the contacts app.
    10-27-13 02:11 AM
    When I did the update it put in 10.1.0.2039

Why would it not save tones for contacts if it gives me the option?? Blackberries have been able to do this very well for years.
    10-27-13 05:55 AM
    Been playing around with some other settings and still nothing. It won't even vibrate or any other effects for any contacts, favorite or not. Just plays the main ringtone I picked, everything else default.
    10-27-13 10:45 AM
    Anyone having the same issue? Yesterday someone called and it didn't even display a picture.
    10-29-13 10:59 AM
    Sort of same here- haven't dug into it just yet.

Vibrate works fine for me.

An email tone for my account on SD or internal works fine. Emails from contacts only play my general tone- not contact specific. Same with texts. I think calls work- only have set up a couple, but have not tested yet.

Post back if you find anything out.
    10-29-13 12:37 PM
    When I did the update it put in 10.1.0.2039

Why would it not save tones for contacts if it gives me the option?? Blackberries have been able to do this very well for years.
    Sounds like the Verizon OS. Same issue here. Gave us the option, finally, in 10.1, but it doesn't work. They never released the 10.1 MR for the Z10 so I don't know if that would fix it or not. I tried to set a separate song for my wife's number, but it only plays sometimes when I have missed one of her calls. And then it plays and plays and plays until I turn it off. All other times calls revert to the default ringtone.

Never, but Never, Question the Engineers Judgment!
    10-29-13 03:35 PM
    Still have not figured this out. Even more strange is that an old ringtone that I had set for my wife for text messages randomly sounds when I get an email from her (sometimes the default). Text messages come in as the default. In her contact profile, I have a tone set for calling and messages set the same. When getting a call, it sounds correctly, but not for any messages. Hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:40 AM
    It seems to play the ringtone set for calls, but not for texts. No vibrate either. Regular calls/texts no vibrate, but for some people it should vibrate for texts and calls. Not doing it. Even more annoying/embarrassing is that I had to download an app to have multiple alarms, an app I then have to keep running to function. I came from WebOS - you want something changed you can and never required an app, let alone constantly running. BUT when I silence ALL notification the alarm app screams out. Real fun in meetings.

This combined with the fact its always synced to email instead of hourly/manually like I demand

Verizon doesn't seem to have the option to upgrade to 10.2...
    11-08-13 02:19 PM
    It's a $3 fix, buy BeBuzz Pro (there is a trial version you can pickup to test it out). It's a great tool and has way more features than you are asking for and is extremely customizable. First app purchased for both my Z and the wifes. The color LED notifications make it nice to see the wife is contacting you in those instances when you have to have everything silent.

And welcome to CB from a former webOS user, once you get used to it you will be loving your Z. Give it a couple/few weeks to get used to not throwing away cards and what not, you will forget about what you miss from webOS and be happy with a device that really out performs an OS that's newest device is now over 2 years old. BB10 isn't as customizable as webOS but does still have that ability to reset to factory with a BlackBerry approved software if things go funky, so once you get settled if you have some confidence in yourself, check out the leak forums. We have been running leaks for a while and it really is as easy if not easier than webOS was to install a leak.
    11-08-13 03:53 PM
    Does the BeBuzz pro require it to be kept running at all times, or does it run in the background. It really bothers me that a built in feature is not functional.

I like the device overall, but each day it seems to get on me. Cannot connect to computer from USB to view device drive, and EXCESSIVE data use. Some how It's using 50-80mb when I'm sleeping and has gone as high as 300mb. 14 days in I'm at 3.96gb
    11-15-13 03:38 AM
    Tried out the BeBuzz full version and its turned into an epic fail.

It does allow a lot of custom options and the LED function is great, but I have to turn off all sounds for it to ONLY play the one tone per contact or it plays both together. Nail in coffin is if I switch all alerts to vibrate only it doesn't honor the setting and just plays the tone. So I can' silence it when I have to, can't get it to play a tone for 500+ other contacts in phone.

Why can't the default function just work?
    11-16-13 06:42 AM