Hi everyone,

I'm a new member for this forum and I got my z10 yesterday. The first thing to mention that I wasn't happy from the app world at all, the lack of applications is a disaster. But I'm sure there are workarounds.
    I've read a thread regarding installing android or jellybean runtime, but I couldn't understand what does it do actually ! so if can anyone clarify me this point.
    The other thing, I've used the slide tool for installing some applications .BAR , most of them didn't work. while opening it says unexpected error ,or couldn't open.
    I frequently use the Tango, Viber, Google apps, which non of them worked for me & doesn't exist in the app world.
    My OS is 10.1.0.4181, this is the last update I've updated today.

So kindly let me know your ways for that.
    11-29-13 03:31 AM
    The app ecosystem for BB10 isn't the greatest. Not much anyone can do about that.

However, if you do upgrade your device to any leaked OS of 10.2.1.xx you can load a program called 'aptoid' directly on your device straight from the mobile browser.
    Aptoid is essentially a mini version of Google Play and will allow you to install andoid apps without needing to connect to a PC or sideload any anything. You simply open Aptoid from your phone and install any available apps. Google Maps, Viber, Netflix... are all available directly from Aptoid.
    10.2.1.1055 is a very solid OS despite being a leak and will open your device up to better android compatibility.

That's the best I can offer you.

Hope you enjoy your new device.

Posted via CB10
    Kareem Darwish likes this.
    11-29-13 03:45 AM
    Also, your device will be slow during the first 5 hours or so. This is because it is organizing and synchronizing the files. It is normal so don't panic. Just make sure it is on the charger overnight, and then give it a couple restarts during the week. Droid Store is a pretty cool native BlackBerry App of the Android play store. You have to sideload it though because it is still beta. Awesome app though, if you know the name of the app.

Good Luck

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 03:50 AM
    Yeah you'll need to install the latest leak for 10.2.1 found in the Beta OS section of the forums in order to do that. There is DROID store Amazon apps store and apps like 1 mobile that you can use to get Google Play apps on your phone. To sideload I would recommend either the Google Chrome sideloading extension or xsacha they're the quickest way to sideload apps. Use the search function and you'll find all this stuff. Enjoy the Z10

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    11-29-13 03:58 AM
    I'm not sure what carrier you are using but I'm pretty sure most carriers around the world have pushed out updates for 10.2.x..x

The first thing you should do is look into seeing if your respective carrier has pushed out the update for 10.2.

If not, then you can always upgrade it yourself using your PC and downloading the official OS or you can load a leak. The steps to upgade are the exact same for both.

My personal opinion is to load 10.2.1.1055 and then you can load aptoid. No need to sideload anything anymore once aptoid is installed.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 04:03 AM
    Thanks everybody for your replies, i really appreciate every post here it's very worthy to have you here.

So now either I wait for the official 10.2.xx OS ,or download the leaked one ,right ?
    Is the leaked one Beta or with the full functionalists ?

I think I will wait for the official release, does anyone know when it's gonna be released in the middle east ? or a website that says the expecting date for the release for every area.
    11-29-13 05:55 AM
    Thanks everybody for your replies, i really appreciate every post here it's very worthy to have you here.

So now either I wait for the official 10.2.xx OS ,or download the leaked one ,right ?

I think I will wait for the official release, does anyone know when it's gonna be released in the middle east ? or a website that says the expecting date for the release for every area.
    If your latest official release was 10.1MR then you'll be waiting a long time. I'm using the leak and the bugs are minimal. It adds a lot of new features to the phone compared to the 10.1MR as well as the Android thing. I'd go with the leak if I were you. It'll only take half an hour to install and with a new phone, you won't have to worry about a backup and restore.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 O2 UK
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-29-13 06:08 AM

If you're in the middle east 10.2 should be available already. Go to settings and check manually under the software updates tab.
    If you want to wait for official 10.2.1 from your carrier it should be out sometime Q1 next year.
    CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    11-29-13 07:37 AM

If you're in 10.1 and want to wait for an official 10.2.1 release, I'd suggest loading the unlocked Android runtime. It will make most apps work. Search for it on CB.com. You'll be glad you did.

Have fun!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 08:31 AM
    If you're in 10.1 and want to wait for an official 10.2.1 release, I'd suggest loading the unlocked Android runtime. It will make most apps work. Search for it on CB.com. You'll be glad you did.

Have fun!

Posted via CB10
    after searching couple hours, i've found only the run time for 10.2 ,so if you have seen the thread would u pass it ,or give me the phrase to search.
    The other thing, does the runtime versions compatible with specific OS versions. like 10.1.0.4181 has a specific run time, and 10.1.5115 has another one?
    I dont want to mess things.
    11-29-13 10:48 AM
    after searching couple hours, i've found only the run time for 10.2 ,so if you have seen the thread would u pass it ,or give me the phrase to search.
    The other thing, does the runtime versions compatible with specific OS versions. like 10.1.0.4181 has a specific run time, and 10.1.5115 has another one?
    I dont want to mess things.
    If you have wifi, you should be able to take your sim card out connect your device over wifi and then connect to pc and fire up the link software and you should get the 10.2 update.

Technically you should be able to just do it over the air with the sim out and via wifi

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-29-13 11:56 AM
    Kareem, here is the LEAKED http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-873653/

You should find out which Z10 model/version you have in the about me before download. You can't install the Q10's OS on the Z10, or you will have big problems and it wont work. You can PM me for more details. But download it, install it while the device is plugged in via USB. This is all you need. No separate Android player is needed. And as I said you will experience lag during the first hours....I recommend installing it before going to sleep. Good Luck!
    11-29-13 01:06 PM