So i recently were able to get a Z10. And have been exploring it for a little while now. And i have to say that i come away with a really great experience Im on the 10.2.0.481 and i havent got the new update pushed out yet.

In any case. What a great device. I have gotten from iphone to Android, WP, N9 and now finally Blackberry. I really like how the system operates. Im a new Blackberry user overall so a great first experience. One of the things i like. Is how much access you get to operate the file system without restriction. Im quite blown away that i can wirelessly transfer files from my computer to the Phone and back.

I dont know if its just me though. Is the speakers volume lowered compared to other phones? Even tho the output is the same.
    Do you guys use any cases/ protection for it? Or you just use it as it is? Curious to know.
    Looking forward to exploring more.
    Korepab likes this.
    12-14-13 06:56 PM
    What do you mean speakers lowered? They are not strong / loud if that's what you're asking about. Screen is not as bright as HTC One, not as loud speakers, not as many native apps as Apple, yet still many people's device of choice. OS, right size, and unique.

I sometimes play music thru the speaker and by simply placing the edge of phone adjacent to a wall, it magnifiers the volume by 1.5 factor.

Posted via CB10
    alix901 likes this.
    12-14-13 07:11 PM
    Glad you are liking the Z10. I'm hearing great things about the leaked OS 10.2.1.1055. You might give that a try.
    alix901 likes this.
    12-14-13 07:12 PM
    Glad you are liking the Z10. I'm hearing great things about the leaked OS 10.2.1.1055. You might give that a try.
    Are u hearing some thing great about battery life?

Posted via z10
    12-14-13 07:18 PM
    Right I meant loud
    Good to hear that it wasn't just me.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:42 PM
    What do you mean speakers lowered? They are not strong / loud if that's what you're asking about. Screen is not as bright as HTC One, not as loud speakers, not as many native apps as Apple, yet still many people's device of choice. OS, right size, and unique.

I sometimes play music thru the speaker and by simply placing the edge of phone adjacent to a wall, it magnifiers the volume by 1.5 factor.

Posted via CB10
    And yes functionality and the unikness pretty much. I like that I don't have to go and get a lot of 3rd party apps. Since the native ones has a lot of functions right from the start.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:48 PM
    12-14-13 07:51 PM
    I'm not really sure if I want to dwell into the leaks just yet Trying the side loading currently.
    And the keyboard is pretty great. Just have to get used to and trust it.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:52 PM
    Congrats! The z10 is my first BlackBerry as well and it's done everything I've needed it to (and then some).

The wireless access feature is a huge plus for me. I love not having to plug in with a USB cable. That and box integration, and bluetooth streaming to my car audio, and picture password. I could go on but I won't .

Posted via CB10
    alix901 likes this.
    12-14-13 08:02 PM
    I agree, the speaker is a little lower than my Q10. I wish it were a little louder.

I use a few cases. I have the Transformer case from BlackBerry which is like a stand, but doesn't offer much protection.

I also use a Incipio Dual Shine Pro, which is a great case but a little big.

My favorite case is the bumper I got from Wireless Ground's website. It's only like $10, but I've dropped it and my Z10 has remained totally safe and unscathed.

Posted via CB10
    alix901 likes this.
    12-14-13 08:04 PM
    Do you have audio boost on? If not, that could help.

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    12-14-13 08:07 PM
    I use Zagg InvisableSheild for the screen protector. On my Z10, I spent the 5 extra dollars for the smooth HD version, but personally I like the original better.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:15 PM
    As for VOLUME, I'm not sure if this is a 10.2.1.1055 feature but when playing the music, tap the 3-dot icon (More...) at the lower right. Then tap "NOW PLAYING" and again hit the 3-dots. Scroll down it necessary and Tap the SPEAKER/Audio icon and Select either Speaker (loud) or Handset (soft).

I have the official BB Flip Case (sold here on Crackberry and occasionally on a special sale!) It also can serve as a stand
    12-14-13 08:21 PM
    I too am new to the Z10. I followed a blog called the market ticker (market-ticker.org) where the blogger occasionally writes about the benefits of BB10. Sent my iPhone 4, which slowed significantly on iOS7, to ATT for recycling, getting me $118. I bought the unlocked Z10 on sale at BB and I've been playing with it constantly. Set up on the 1055 leak/Snap and I'm pretty satisfied. I'm thinking if BB can tune up the android runtime so it works a bit better and allows for the Google API, it has a shot at being mainstream. Hope so! I see January as the turn around month.
    12-14-13 09:19 PM
    Congratulations!!!! am sure everyday will be a new experience and you will love the gorgeous Z 10 more and more each day with new releases and features to come by with updates!!! Good luck!!?

Posted via CB10
    alix901 likes this.
    12-14-13 09:22 PM
    My speaker is lower than my previous Q10 but the sound is clearer and not as distorted when on the higher settings. I love the LCD display, the smooth keyboard and the size is really good for my hands. Removable battery is a plus and I do get 10-12 hours on a charge. I have the battery bundle and a 4500 aMH battery on its way. I use the flip transform shell and also own a holster along with a sports band case. I listed my Q10 on EBAY after finding myself missing the screen and keyboard on the Z10. Welcome!!

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    12-14-13 09:29 PM
    My z10 is a week old and I am enjoying it so far.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:26 PM
    You will absolutely love this phone! I was at a Blacktie event in Boston last night taking photos and texting as well as checking my e-mail, and people kept coming up to me asking what kind of phone is that! Not only did I look sharp as I was told by the many lovely ladies that I met, I also felt powerful in my tux with my reliable and very powerful Z10! A James Bond experience with total device/tool reasurance! Shaken not stirred!!! Lol!!!
    12-14-13 10:30 PM
    I am very happy to hear this.

Day by day more people are believing that BB 10 is good OS

History - Nokia 8310, O2 XDA II, Sony Ericsson W610, BB 8520, BB 9380, now Z 10 & very happy
    12-14-13 11:08 PM
    I find the Z10 to be louder than my iPhone 4. One thing you need to remember is that some songs are louder or clearer because of their levels. If I want it extra loud, I place the phone on the table or counter beside the wall as it amplifies the sound. I recently purchased the BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker with Bluetooth - it's great.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 02:20 AM
    The z30 is louder and fuller. You may want to check it out. It is pretty big gap between the two in terms of sound quality.

Posted via CB10
    alix901 likes this.
    12-15-13 02:36 AM
    Do you have audio boost on? If not, that could help.

Posted via CB10
    You know I can't find that option. Where is it located?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 03:48 AM
    Nice to have you with us. Welcome aboard!

I'm not sure there is an audio boost when you are not wearing headphones. If you use headphones, you can put on the audio boost feature by going into settings and then choosing main volume. Just turn on audio boost for headphones. Personally I use either the BlackBerry music gateway, which is hooked up to my stereo receiver, when I'm at home or my new BlackBerry mini speaker when I'm on the road. They both rock. Got great deals on both of them. As I'm on the road alot that mini speaker is fantastic both as a music player and handsfree phone. Well worth it. Again, welcome. Come back at any time if you have questions.
    alix901 likes this.
    12-15-13 04:30 AM
    If at home, I have a bluethooth enabled ParrotBay speakers to play music loud enough for a party. If in car, I have either bluethoth or tape/cable connection to my car speakers to play as loud as I want. If anywhere else, place phone near a wall or chamber to amplify 1.5 louder (it's very good if you don't have background sound). I had the HTC One with its stronger speakers and in practice they didn't add much value to me (having so many ways of playing music louder). And the metal chamber (yeah that looks cool) but the weight becomes a pain, and I'll trade off the lightness of the Z10 with it's plastic over real metal any day. The big deal with BB is going to be how effective will the ported apps be and how easily you can integrate any app that's available on the phone. The Spotify app I'm using (pretty much all time time now in the car), works but it's slightly off with the horizontal and vertical warping. These apps need to work 100% like they are supposed to. Overall experience is 9/10. Just lacking here and there.
    alix901 likes this.
    12-15-13 01:47 PM
    Nice to have you with us. Welcome aboard!

I'm not sure there is an audio boost when you are not wearing headphones. If you use headphones, you can put on the audio boost feature by going into settings and then choosing main volume. Just turn on audio boost for headphones. Personally I use either the BlackBerry music gateway, which is hooked up to my stereo receiver, when I'm at home or my new BlackBerry mini speaker when I'm on the road. They both rock. Got great deals on both of them. As I'm on the road alot that mini speaker is fantastic both as a music player and handsfree phone. Well worth it. Again, welcome. Come back at any time if you have questions.
    Thank you very much. Definitely be looking out for the mini speaker. I recently looked at the bose mini sound link. Even though I really don't prefer Bose. It sounded pretty good.

I actually put in headphones. But the option didn't come up in the main volume setting. So I guess somethings up. Can you force the setting to show up somehow?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:30 AM
40 12