As I mentioned in another post I got my Z10 4 days or so ago. Love it so far! Great phone!!!

I see that blackberry bridge is very different so need some help. I read thru the post, but did not see one that helped. When I first got my 9810 I read that if I download Bridge from Backberry Apps World and did not use loaded version on the phone I would not have to pay to tether. I did that and It worked great for yrs. Now that I have the Z10 I see it wants me to select a provider. I downloaded the app from Blackberry Apps World to my Z10, but it is still asking me to select a provider. Does anyone know if I can get around this again?

One other question the bridge is only showing readme and BBM when I hit the icon. From what I read this is one of the issues, but wanted to check to see if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks for the help!
    10-13-13 12:31 PM
    It's not an issue (at least not a software one, surely a user one). Bridge on BB10 can do:

• Open on PlayBook (hit Share);
    • Remote Control;
    • Remote Keyboard;
    • Internet Sharing;
    • Presenter Mode;
    • BBM;
    • Bridge Internet;

Heck, I'm sure I forgot something. But you get the picture.

Bridge Internet is if you are still on BIS. BB10 does not use BIS, so Bridge Internet will use your data allowance.

Tethering was never free. Tethering was also never a part of Bridge, it is something most devices can do. Tethering demands a connection to some carrier so the device can share the data. And most carriers demand an extra plan or force you a fee on the data used while tethering.

All that said, Bridge Internet should not cost you any extras. Just bridge the devices and open the browser, no extra settings.
    10-13-13 01:38 PM
    I'm thinking he's a att user. If we used bridge Internet we had to pay att for tether. (I know, dumb right) unless we got bridge from rroy.

I don't know about with BB10 though. I haven't used bridge since I got it. Since I got my Z my pb has stayed home next to the couch.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 01:42 PM
    I'm thinking he's a att user. If we used bridge Internet we had to pay att for tether. (I know, dumb right) unless we got bridge from rroy.

I don't know about with BB10 though. I haven't used bridge since I got it. Since I got my Z my pb has stayed home next to the couch.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, the AT&T issue...
    10-13-13 01:59 PM
    lol.....I am sure there is some user issues here as I learn the BB10 and by no means an I a power user.

Yes I am At&t user and was able to get around the tether issue before. I think I deleted the bridge on 9810 and then downloaded from another source (I thought it was Blackberry Apps World). After that I had no issues connecting to internet and it worked well for 1.5 yrs. I did not have to pay for it. I am trying to determine if there is work around like before.
    10-13-13 04:05 PM
    Read this somewhere else

Remove bridge from Z10
    Remove sim card and reboot
    Re download bridge
    Put your sim card back in and reboot Z10

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-13-13 05:29 PM
    It worked! Thanks!!
    10-13-13 05:46 PM
    lol.....I am sure there is some user issues here as I learn the BB10 and by no means an I a power user.

By user issue, I meant all the moaning we'd seen when Bridge for BB10 was released, by no means did I mean "user error".

Yes I am At&t user and was able to get around the tether issue before. I think I deleted the bridge on 9810 and then downloaded from another source (I thought it was Blackberry Apps World). After that I had no issues connecting to internet and it worked well for 1.5 yrs. I did not have to pay for it. I am trying to determine if there is work around like before.
    Read this somewhere else

Remove bridge from Z10
    Remove sim card and reboot
    Re download bridge
    Put your sim card back in and reboot Z10

Posted via CB10
    Dude, I don't know how you came up with that, but good job!
    10-13-13 05:54 PM