So got a new z10 for ?150 (BARGAIN)

Currently running latest leak 10.3.1 and loving it so far.

Would appreciate any battery tips and any cool built for BlackBerry apps or games I might have missed.

I charged it fully and let it drain fully the first time I used so fingers crossed it doesnt drain like a bath.

Not a huge app guy so just any cool ones that you find yourself using more than you should or that save you loads of time.

Cheers guys
    A

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:58 AM
    Lots of great threads on saving battery life here.
    Use wifi whenever possible. Turn off BT if not in use.
    Don't leave active frames open and running.
    Limit the number of apps that run headless in the background.

Just for starters.
    11-09-14 12:11 PM
    one of my friend told me he is getting one for 120$ but used. He wanted my suggestion to whether he should buy it or not i told him to buy it as soon as possible.

and about battery life i have never installed a battery app on my Z10. and with latest 10.3.1 leaks battery life is amazing. if you don't want to install a leak then grab a 10.2.2 autoloader and flash your device.
    11-09-14 12:15 PM
    First off, congratulations on your new device! For tips and tricks to extend the battery life of your Z10, click here. And also, don't always fully discharge your batteries as it can actually shorten the life span of your Z10's li-ion battery.
    11-09-14 12:15 PM
    So got a new z10 for ?150 (BARGAIN)

Currently running latest leak 10.3.1 and loving it so far.

Would appreciate any battery tips and any cool built for BlackBerry apps or games I might have missed.

I charged it fully and let it drain fully the first time I used so fingers crossed it doesnt drain like a bath.

Not a huge app guy so just any cool ones that you find yourself using more than you should or that save you loads of time.

Cheers guys
    A

Posted via CB10
    Bold means it's an Android App
    Foursquare/Swarm(Sharing your location with friends...)
    9Gag(Just for fun ;D)
    Crackberry App (Perfect app if you have questions or want to know if there are realy good apps...)
    Snap Needs to be sideloaded (installing Android Apps)
    PhoneAbuser (shows you how long you're on your phone that day)
    Navfree (Best navigation on BB10 in my opinion)
    iPrint&Scan (brother Printer--> Can print .pdf .doc(x) ... from your Blackberry)
    Sportrate Fitness (Free and doesn't need 3G/4G, it tracks your run)
    WhatsApp (To get in touch with my friends)
    BBVE (It's maybe the most important app to download, it can control your phones settings. it's an app from Blackberry)
    11-09-14 12:16 PM
    My best tip is turning off GPS.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:48 AM
    just turn gps off, 3g maybe, wifi, and it will gert better
    11-10-14 02:47 AM
    There are a lot of battery saving tipps.

My favorite ones (which work best for me) are:

1.) dim your screen brightness and time out as low as you can - because the display needs most of the time most of battery life.

2.) Turn off 4G (LTE) when you don't really need it. LTE eats a lot of battery even if you only have it in your pocket.

3.) manage your apps in the security settings. There are some apps which use some sensors which they don't really need to use. Like: Google+ or some radio apps - why would you want them to use your GPS position? -just browse your security settings and switch off what they should not use. But I would not recommend turning off GPS generally, because if you lose your device or it gets stolen - Blackberry Protect won't be able to track it.

3.) Turn off Blackberry Link (in the settings) when you don't use it via WiFi. So your Z10 will stop searching it, when you got a WiFi connection.

4.) Turn off connections when you don't use them like: WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC. - When you keep them turned on all the time your device will keep searching for paired devices all the time. BUT: You should use WiFi every time when it's available - data connection via WiFi uses lot less battery (just make sure they are trusted routers).

5.) Modify your GPS in the setting: Turn off everything except GPS itself in those settings. Why should your device keep searching for advertisements in your area?

6.) Check your accounts and set them to a better configuration. For E-mail always use IMAP setting. I'd recommend using push-mode at least if you want e-mails with a refresh-time under 4 hours - for that time range push needs less power. And if you have a g-mail account (or something similar) which also syncs your calender and contacts - make sure that your settings are chosen right. For myself: my contacts and calender dates won't change that much, so I got set my sync. to every 24hours or manually for those. (you will find that in the account settings).

7.) Clean your browser history and cookies from time to time.

Those are the main things for me to get around the day. Hope some of that will help you.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 02:53 AM