Old way rules.....to me in a Z10

More distinctive...hi I am BlackBerry 10

More functional....your finger in middle of screen as well explained in previous posts

More eye-pleasing. The new buttons are just too ugly to me by comparison

This new answer call screen is the single thing I hate in this update.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech, GSM-S, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    01-29-14 08:06 PM
    Way better. Sometimes taking the phone out of my pocket would trigger the gesture.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:08 PM
    Old way rules.....to me in a Z10

More distinctive...hi I am BlackBerry 10

More functional....your finger in middle of screen as well explained in previous posts

More eye-pleasing. The new buttons are just too ugly to me by comparison

This new answer call screen is the single thing I hate in this update.

Posted via CB10
    Distinctive isn't the goal. Telling people that it's a blackberry doesn't matter if they don't care. The idea was people, for some bizarre and uncanny reason, had trouble with the up/down so they changed it. Normal people will not refuse to purchase a phone just because it looks too much like the other two best selling phones, but they will probably have an issue if they can't answer a call.

Being different isn't always a good thing.

That said I do prefer the old way as well but just because I found it smoother and more eye pleasing. Never would I buy something that is different just for the sake of being different.
    21stNow likes this.
    01-29-14 08:12 PM
    Here is just how I feel about the new way: I'm sure it's fine on a Q10 or Q5, but it's definitely uncomfortable on the Z10. Let me explain. You're holding your phone and get the call. Your thumb is already near the middle of the screen. Your natural motion is to move your thumb up and down. The old way was PERFECT. With the new way, I find it awkward and more uncomfortable to scrunch my thumb to the very bottom of the screen and then swipe left or right. It's not as natural of a movement.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    I don't see it being that much different than doing a peek, an Android backswipe or even swiping between app screens. Maybe I have more thumb dexterity than others, but when holding the phone normally, my thumb has a pretty full range of motion over the screen. I only have to stretch a bit when reaching for the top of the screen. You don't even have to push it all the way to the edge of the screen, just a shove in the right direction answers the call.
    01-29-14 08:17 PM
    I don't see it being that much different than doing a peek, an Android backswipe or even swiping between app screens. Maybe I have more thumb dexterity than others, but when holding the phone normally, my thumb has a pretty full range of motion over the screen. I only have to stretch a bit when reaching for the top of the screen. You don't even have to push it all the way to the edge of the screen, just a shove in the right direction answers the call.
    I find it to be different from doing a peek or swiping out of an app. When swiping out of an app you're still doing an up/down motion which is natural. When you are peaking, that gesture is even more natural. When you bring your thumb to the very bottom of the screen and then move it left or right, it just feels less natural. With the old way, you didn't have to swipe all the way either.

ssbtech likes this.
    01-29-14 08:22 PM
    Normal people will not refuse to purchase a phone just because it looks too much like the other two best selling phones, but they will probably have an issue if they can't answer a call.
    Most people don't see the incoming call screen when they're shopping for a phone. They only discover it once they've bought the phone and go to answer it.

If they can't read the "Pull down to answer" and "Pull up to reject" labels, then maybe they should be using one of those oversized feature phones for seniors.
    01-29-14 08:29 PM
    Most people don't see the incoming call screen when they're shopping for a phone. They only discover it once they've bought the phone and go to answer it.

If they can't read the "Pull down to answer" and "Pull up to reject" labels, then maybe they should be using one of those oversized feature phones for seniors.
    No, but they see it when they are looking at someone else's phone. And I'd say "wow I love how this call screen is distinctive and not like anyone else's, I'm buying this phone" is a lot less likely to be said than "man I tried my buddy's phone and can't get past that pain in the a** call answer screen".

I agree with you, I didn't find it that difficult but tech people on crackberry will not make blackberry succeed, the need the general population that is currently buying the other phones to jump on board.
    01-29-14 08:58 PM
    Couldn't have said it better myself. If the designers actually used the product, they'd have put it the silly sideways slider thing in the middle of the screen, not the bottom.

I'd be interested to hear from Z10 users why specifically they find the grey dot thing easier to slide sideways than the grey bar up/down. The user I quoted did a good job of explaining the mechanics of why it's easier to use the up/down bar, perhaps someone could do the same for the dot.
    My hands are smaller and I hold my phone closer to the bottom. Theres my answer not that I care in the least to explain myself to anyone.
    01-29-14 09:09 PM
    Worse, I hate it.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-29-14 09:16 PM
    I'm a bit torn on the new answering style...it looks just like my wife's Nexus4 does (it looks too much like an Android screen) and I was fine with the previous answering style.
    It does look more stylish and I like that the caller's picture shows (if set).
    I'm just wondering why the dev team figured this was a feature that needed to be worked on...were there that many BB10 users complaining about the functionality of the answering style??
    I'm pretty sure there were other complaints flying out there with more weight.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:31 PM
    I'm a bit torn on the new answering style...it looks just like my wife's Nexus4 does (it looks too much like an Android screen) and I was fine with the previous answering style.
    I'm just wondering why the dev team figured this was a feature that needed to be worked on...were there that many BB10 users complaining about the functionality of the answering style??

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly....

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apparently the old one was a "thinking point". They had to dumb it down for some. Smh I want the old one back.

01-29-14 09:44 PM
    Ok. I put 10.2.1 on my phone before I activated it. I never saw the old way. Please describe!

I will say after 5 years on an iPhone, I still have to think about how to answer!
    01-29-14 10:10 PM
    I much prefer the old way. It was easier to use and unique from all the others that slide left/right.

BlackBerry. Stop trying to be like everyone else and be yourself.

Posted via CB10
    hkkelvinlee likes this.
    01-29-14 10:12 PM
    I preferred the scroll wheel...but unfortunately BlackBerry got rid of that years ago.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-29-14 10:12 PM
    Ok. I put 10.2.1 on my phone before I activated it. I never saw the old way. Please describe!

I will say after 5 years on an iPhone, I still have to think about how to answer!
    The old way was a horizontal grey bar that would sort of hover In the middle of the screen. You would have to pull the bar down to answer.

But people tend to be confused and press the bar... or they wouldn't pull all the way down.

To reject a call, you push the bar up.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 10:13 PM
    And Michael Clewley stated that this change was necessary to "remove a think point" users were experiencing.
    01-29-14 10:30 PM
    ok. I put 10.2.1 on my phone before i activated it. I never saw the old way. Please describe!

I will say after 5 years on an iphone, i still have to think about how to answer!

New way to answer calls- better or worse?-img_20132884_edit.png

Not sure what the "thinking point" was I mean if one can read...

? At&t z10 stl100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    CDM76, flacrack and hkkelvinlee like this.
    01-29-14 10:35 PM
    And Michael Clewley stated that this change was necessary to "remove a think point" users were experiencing.
    Nice avi

01-29-14 10:38 PM
    Here is just how I feel about the new way: I'm sure it's fine on a Q10 or Q5, but it's definitely uncomfortable on the Z10. Let me explain. You're holding your phone and get the call. Your thumb is already near the middle of the screen. Your natural motion is to move your thumb up and down. The old way was PERFECT. With the new way, I find it awkward and more uncomfortable to scrunch my thumb to the very bottom of the screen and then swipe left or right. It's not as natural of a movement.

I can see this. But for me, my thumb is naturally at the bottom anyway. I did like the "old" way, but I think the "new" way looks much better and polished. Not to mention the 'Reply Now' feature which I will make much use of....
    01-29-14 10:43 PM
    My feeling is function will win over form and people will Iove the new way to deal with calls. I like the features. I was always scared when a giant head appeared on my phone!

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    01-29-14 10:45 PM
    I preferred the scroll wheel...but unfortunately BlackBerry got rid of that years ago.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    bwahaha XD, scrolls wheels where the best.
    Good one
    01-29-14 10:57 PM
    Love it after a one day of use. Makes more sense for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 10:59 PM
    Thanks for the post. I bought the phone in the sale and played with it on wifi for a while, loading leaks and testing. I activated it in the end of December, so I never saw the old way. Thanks for cluing me in!
    01-30-14 07:07 AM
    I F**k**g hate it it's the stupidest thing in the world I can't believe I have to touch a button to silence my phone it could silence when I touch it anywhere like the old screen and on a Q10 you don't save any time on space and I'm left handed so it's even more uncomfortable to answer phone calls now before it was cool and slick now it's stupid. I wish they just updated the old one visually and add the message function. That would be perfect but now I guess not even blackberry can please me anymore ugh. How can people be so ******** that they call this a think point maybe it's just the sheep and droids aren't smart enough

Sorry for the rant guys. I just hate it how they get rid of options and call it better.

Posted via CB10 via My Q10
    Last edited by Stephen Hollowood; 01-30-14 at 09:56 AM.
    ssbtech likes this.
    01-30-14 08:44 AM
157 12345 ...