If by "total rip off" you mean completely different in all aspects, then I agree.
    Late Steve Job, Apple board and its shareholders strongly disagree with your assessment.
    02-08-13 08:30 PM
    99.9% of people, including my mum, my sister and probably my sister's dog, couldn't give a monkeys about the above points. Only the sort of people who inhabit these forums (a minuscule percentage of users) are even slightly interested in anything other than buying a phone, switching it on and having it work straight out of the box and with all their favourite apps available. The Z10 is a lovely phone. It deserves success and I'm very pleased with mine but I'm still cheesed off that a lot of apps that are available on other platforms are nowhere to be seen.
    i agree with you but then this is forum for enthusiasts. your dog might go with blackberry though because it is easier to do everything with one hand .... say paw.
    02-08-13 08:33 PM
    Late Steve Job, Apple board and its shareholders strongly disagree with your assessment.
    Should that be any surprise really? Lol. All's it takes is one demonstration of a Note 2 and even a blind man would see there is no comparison.

As for your "point" about no android multitasking..lmao. Thanks for the laugh!

4 mins in.. If this isn't true mobile computing.. Then I'm not sure what is..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Rickroller; 02-08-13 at 08:59 PM.
    02-08-13 08:43 PM
    i agree with you but then this is forum for enthusiasts. Your dog might go with blackberry though because it is easier to do everything with one hand .... Say paw.

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    02-08-13 08:47 PM
    And I do realise I am on Crackberry.com. As I keep stating, there will be people looking at these forums right now who are interested in the Z10 who are not currently BB owners. For the next few months - at least until the Q10 launches in the US I would guess - there will be new users to this forum who are not BB fans who may appreciate a switcher's view.
    My present phone is Nokia N9 - although showing it's age, it does everything I need it to. There are times when I think I would to like buy a new phone, so I keep an eye on threads like this. You seem to have given an unbiased opinion and I respect that. I joined Crackberry last year when I bought a BB Playbook, which is why I have been following the Z10 story with interest.
    anon(226560) likes this.
    02-08-13 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by omega supreme
    Wow, another one of these... What about for people that never used an iphone or any of the latest androids?? In which case the z10 is leaps and bounds better and more convenient than anything they had previously...

I am trying to help my mum on how to send new text message, even she can't find where click new text message. She simple wait for reply text message. I thought iphone was suppose to be very easy for people like my mum. But it didn't.
    02-08-13 10:12 PM
    Coldfustion..that guy knows how to use the note... When I got the original note it was very informative. It's a good device but I love my BlackBerry...z10 FTW
    Rickroller, SDTRMG and b320 like this.
    02-08-13 10:50 PM
    Point is not that I believe I made the best choice among all available phone but I made a choice which serves me best!! That's why people don't like where you tell them here what is better because we all can check what's available in market. If you offer your suggestions to someone who live under the rock then that makes sense but coming to a forum which is here to provide users help or guidance and real life experiences with one specified platform and talk about other platforms doesn't make any sense to me :/ if i like Android or iOS, I will go and post goods or bad a bought it in their forum just to share my experience
    To me you are one of those people, and by "those" I mean fanboy/girl. There are people, like me, who come here for perspective on the Z10 because yes I'm on another platform but quite interested and as you point out, this is Crackberry so I come here to discuss BB - the good and the bad. I will no get so many varied views on BB10 on an Android or iOS forum. Hence, I do find this post appropriate and incredibly useful but do realize some things are just his opinion and guess what I take it as such. I'll make up my own mind about it when I finally get a chance to try a Z10 myself. Cheer up
    02-08-13 11:05 PM
    4. The Hub is nothing more than a glorified Notification Center with a sloppy UI. The paradigm of having all notifications mixed together is... different.. and for me it neither wins nor
    I find the hub confusing. In bb os 5 I hid the inbox and made 2 separate email accounts because I don't want every thing mixed up. I only have a few bbm contacts but would answer through bbm notification. Berrybuzz would id those accounts in addition to calls/texts/emails and notify me accordingly.
    And just a gripe about a simple design BB seems to be steering away from. On my 9970 I can have it holster and see what light is flashing from on top.The light reached right around to the the top. They've seemed to have narrowed it and made it smaller for some reason.
    02-08-13 11:46 PM
    This is why it's so beautiful to have CHOICE. It's all in the eye of the beholder, or well, the user.
    I have an iPhone 5 right now and my wife recently got a Galaxy Note 2. Both are good phones but... I don't like them. I'm bored to death with the iPhone. The only thing it's got going for it in my opinion is the large app selection. The OS is pretty much horrible. To me, anyway. iOS really hasn't significantly changed for years now. It's showing it's age. And trust me, they know it at Apple. The Note 2 is a beast of a phone. Powerful hardware, great screen etc. but... I think the Android user experience is a hot mess. I can't stand it. Nothing more confusing to use than Android. But... it's like that to ME. I know plenty of people love it. Good for them.

I for one hope that ENOUGH people will be like me and like BlackBerry 10. To me it's the best thing since webOS, which was unfortunately not a very popular taste. I'm hoping BB10 will be popular enough for it to not die like webOS did and mature into something awesome.

So for me, Go #TeamBlackBerry! But I perfectly understand how it's not for everyone.
    02-08-13 11:49 PM
    Other than the two highlights that you mentioned, you didn't really say anything in particular.. what to you sucks about it?

I will say that I am a tech addict and a gadget lover and to me BB10 is a great OS.. I have worked with IOS and I really dislike Objective C and the Cocoa framework.. I am also not very fond of the Javascript apps on Android either, but with BB10 developers can write code in C and C++.. C is the language that all of these operating systems are written in and Cocoa and Javascript are another layer on top.. I know there is an NDK for Android and there are ways to write C code for IOS also, but on those systems developers will always be up against these crappy UI frameworks..
    02-09-13 01:25 AM
    The BlackBerry Z10 is the best phone I have ever seen or used. It is leaps ahead of other platforms in so many ways and it is only going to get better and better. The opportunities for this OS are essentially limitless.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    R Field and bigbbrybeliever like this.
    02-09-13 02:25 AM
    8. Browser is OK. About the same as iPhone or Android.
    The second I saw this, everything else you said was moot.

Either you are actually a fanboy, posing as a fair person for attention (some sort of weird fetish); or you didn't actually use the device nearly long enough to have a valid opinion.
    About the same as an iPhone? loooooooooooool....
    b320 likes this.
    02-09-13 03:00 AM
    It seriously doesn't matter which platform or phone is the best, because there is no such thing as best in an ever changing world of technology. What one needs is a phone which suits their needs. There's no need to bring other platforms down. I own and use Blackberry, Apple and Android products and I love them all because they all cater to my different needs.

The post and comments about "my phone is better than yours" has to stop. This is a forum for constructive discussions not petty arguments about why your phone/platform s*ck.
    02-09-13 03:13 AM
    The google.co.uk search engine (or rather, lack there of) was a problem for me though.
    Are Canadians getting Google USA by default also? (Or is North America "all one Google"?)
    02-09-13 04:06 AM
    I know what u mean...Ive been using bb sice 2006 so im not an iphone/android addict but ive been using ipod touch since release so is the same as the iphone (had a 4s too). The thing is we have to admit that we're still in middle age comparing to iphone or android phones (in apps). CB users and BlackBerry need to know that because thats what people's like nowadays: Crossplatform-Apps (FREE). Thats the major BlackBerry user complains about its just because they dont have Apps. I now a lot of my friends that have BB but they want to switch just because them friends is using Instagram and they cannot have it in a BlackBerry. Thats the main issue and they need to move ASAP! They need to HEAR US!
    02-09-13 06:33 AM
    Hi,

I dont want to be a troll or annoy anyone, but I guess that there are people reading this forum who are iOS/Android owners considering a switch to BB10 and the Z10. I want to post my thoughts on why the Z10 is not competitive for those people to read. If you are a staunch BB supporter you will probably think I am an ***** or just plain wrong.

For info, I own a iPhone 5 and a Google Nexus 4 and I enjoy technology and phones. In the last 4 months I have also owned a Note 2 and a Lumia 920.

Reasons why BB10/Z10 is not ready and competitive with iOS/Android:

1. The device itself is fine. Nothing great. Its not as nice as an iPhone (its more plasticy and weighs more) but probably on par with the Nexus 4.
    2. The camera is OK. Nothing more. Not as good as the iPhone or a Note 2 I had before, but better than the Nexus 4.
    3. The screen is nice but not as bright as the iPhone. About the same as the Nexus 4.
    4. The Hub is nothing more than a glorified Notification Center with a sloppy UI. The paradigm of having all notifications mixed together is... different.. and for me it neither wins nor loses. I personally prefer pulling down from top of screen on Android or IOS but its roughtly similar.
    5. Evernote integration in Remember is pathetic. Useless. Doesn't sync back to regular Evernote clients and the only view is alphabetical. UPDATE - after a reboot, the notes did sync back to Evernote. Still there is no rich text editing/sorting but its not *as* bad as I first thought.
    6. The Gesture UI is fine but no more convenient than a home button. In fact, I think its easier to press a home button than make the same gesture over and over and over
    7. Apps... wow. If you are used to IOS or Android be prepared for a shock, the situation on BB10 is worse than Windows Phone. The apps, by and large, are terrible or simply links to web pages. There is no Youtube app, no BBC iPlayer, no Spotify, no decent Podcast app (Podcasts is not a decent app), no Evernote, no Skype, no TeamViewer. And so on. What apps there are are v1.0 apps like the first batches of Windows Phone 8 apps. This will improve but if you compare to iOS or Android its another world and simply years behind.
    8. Browser is OK. About the same as iPhone or Android. But 1 annoying bug prevents me from using it - you can change the Search provider but only to Google.com and not google.co.uk so most of the search results are less relevant to me.
    9. BB Link on my Mac is OK. But it screws up the iTunes metadata for videos, and cannot group by metadata so ALL Movies and TV Shows are lumped together in a list. Rubbish.
    10. HTML Email wont fit to screen so you will be horizontal scrolling.
    11. Battery Life. To be fair I haven't owned it for very long (I need to return it within 7 days) but its not good. About as good as the Nexus 4 - i.e. Poor - and nowhere near the battery life of the iPhone 5.
    12. Email is worse on the BB than it is on iPhone and Android. I have 2 Google EAS accounts. I set both up as EAS accounts on the BB. Emails arrive more or less same time as other devices but when you read them on the BB, it isnt sending back the "READ" command to the server so the messages will appear as Unread on all other devices. What an annoying bug.
    13. BBM is useless to new converts as chances are they wont know anyone else with a BB.
    14. Notifications arrive very slowly (e.g. Twitter mentions etc).

I have many more complaints too, but i think I will stop there.

Some of this can be fixed easily, some cannot.

My honest advice is this: in 2013 with a new iPhone about 6 months away and the new generation of 1080p Androids weeks away, this phone feels out of place. It should have been released in this state 2 years ago around iOS 4 and Gingerbread/Honeycomb. Thats what if could actually compete against. but against Jelly Bean and iOS 6 and the hardware on offer, its not good enough.
    In response to your "points"....

1. Your assessment of the hardware is completely subjective, and many people would strongly disagree with you.
    2. The camera is VERY good...I have taken many pics over the last few days, as well as videos in testing, and it definitely DOES NOT
    lack in quality, compared to an iPhone and several Samsung phones (late models, of course)
    3. There is a brightness control for the screen. Are you wearing sunglasses when you are using your iPhone? I have mine at 3/4 full, and it
    is PLENTY clear, crisp, and bright in any light.
    4. Totally preference-related. I love the HUB, and don't find it "sloppy" in the least. You simply aren't giving it a chance.
    5. Don't use Evernote - no comment.
    6. "the same gesture over and over"? Really? And what exactly is Apple's home button? Again....preference...no more or less complicated or
    repetative than pressing Apple's or Android's home buttons.
    7. Apps - give it a rest, already....we all know that BB needs more apps...and they are coming. I don't seem to remember Apple having 70,000 apps AT LAUNCH.
    8. The browser is at par or better than any browser out there. I have tried them all, and I have no problem with this browser. As for your search engine, set your
    home page to google.uk, and your problem is solved.
    9. Link is a "fail" for many of us....but at least we aren't controlled by iTunes...and I can transfer files to my BB any way I want...not the way iTunes tells me to.
    Clearly, you have no problem being controlled in this way...I, and many other BB and Android users....do.
    10. Can't comment on HTML email...I'm using imap, with no issues.
    11. Battery life after the first couple of days is pretty much on par with other touchscreen phones. It all depends on what you have running in the
    background, including Wifi, BT, etc....
    12. I have one Gmail account and have not found this to be a problem with the read status. If it is a bug, I'm sure it's a simple fix.
    13. BBM is useless? I don't think so, ol' chap. I have many friends on BBM, and more every day. Just because YOUR friends aren't BB users,
    doesn't mean that BBM is useless....only to you and your friends.
    14. My FB and other notifications are fairly quick...I can't comment on Twitter, though as I do not use it.

Overall, your "review" is not very helpful to "converts" or "newbies", as there is very little in the way of objectivity in it.

I wish you luck on your voyage to your iHome.

Cheers.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    02-11-13 11:07 PM
    I'm another cross-platform user, and feel at home on the BBX devices (Z10 / PlayBook) and get frustrated with the inadequacies and UX quirks of iOS and Android.

BBX feels natural to me. I have to concentrate far too hard when using iOS and Android. I'm in my email client and I open a link then I'm in the browser... I want to get back to my email and, um which email program was I using, wait, don't do that, just double press the home button, and then this little thing pops up then I pick my email oh crap I didn't double press now my browser is closed ok I'll double press there's my recent apps there click the email client hold on where was I now oh right there's my email wait which account is this oh yeah those unread mails are way down there ok there's the "back" arrow way up at the top of the screen there there are all my accounts oh one of them has a new message why isn't it at the top of the list oh yeah, it's new for that account but is old now let's pick that account there it is, oh I read that yesterday on my PC ok mark that read now back to my list of emails then choose "all accounts" ok.

I read an email, but I'm just not feeling any of that joy that Steve Jobs said I'd feel.

That was like solving a little puzzle without the sense of accomplishment or satisfaction or fun.
    02-16-13 10:30 PM
    Omg not another Iphone lover posting their BS here. I bet he never owned a Z10.

How long apple iphone IOS been around for?
    4-5yrs

BB10 only been around a few weeks.

BB10 will be updated soon to get any wrinkles ironed out, then blackberry will do what I phone has taken 4-5 yrs to complete, oh wait I phone has security issues on business servers giving passwords out.

Wow apple still can't get it right, it's blackberry that does.

Posted Via CB10, BB10, Z10
    Last edited by xamdam; 02-17-13 at 08:37 AM.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    02-16-13 11:13 PM
    The BlackBerry Z10 is the best phone I have ever seen or used. It is leaps ahead of other platforms in so many ways and it is only going to get better and better. The opportunities for this OS are essentially limitless.

How is BB10 "leaps ahead of other platforms"? The OS is really nice but doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before.

Sent from RAZR HD
    02-17-13 04:25 PM
    Hub, peak, flow, keyboard, OS, hardware design. Everything about BlackBerry 10 is better than other platforms. I don't care about Skype or Netflix or Instagram because I don't care to view pictures of people's duck face expressions or their food, ever. Does it bother you that my opinion is this: "BlackBerry 10 is superior to every other platform in every possible way." or does it bother you that BlackBerry is leaps ahead of the platform you choose?

It does many things that haven't been done before. Mentioned at the beginning. Hub peek flow browser OS.

bigbbrybeliever likes this.
    02-17-13 04:37 PM
    Iphone is dated, physically and mentally (hardware and software). Android is a fragmented advertising engine for Google and it is never going to get any better than that, unless Google starts using their Motorola asset wisely.
    02-17-13 04:47 PM
    Out of the box, BlackBerry 10 is amazing and has all the cool features baked right in, like an outstanding video editor and photo editor. I can play with this OS without having to install a bunch of apps. Don't get me wrong, i like good apps too, and games. But, out of the box awesomeness kills apps, hands down. I would WAY rather create cool music videos for the beats i make without having to mess around installing a bunch of lame apps. The built for BlackBerry program is awesome too keeps the apps consistent and worth the money. When a developer makes a great app, I want to pay them for their work, unlike the 'wild west' of Android apps where everybody seems to be okay with ad filled 'free' apps. Not me, I use BlackBerry - always have and always will.

02-17-13 05:11 PM
    I signed up for a BlackBerry 10 experience. So far it has exceeded all of my expectations, which were limited to none.

02-17-13 05:13 PM
    The browser alone represents like 100 000 apps all by itself. BlackBerry 10 has the best browser.

02-17-13 05:14 PM
159 ... 4567