Sorry but I can't get this to work how exactly do you do this even with one finger? I can only get the long press to highlight one word then I can stretch the little blue circles to the words I wish to delete. Not getting what you folks are talking about, but would like to learn

From the Zed of Rockivy
    You are not tapping or pressing the word. On the keyboard itself, swipe to the left with your finger(s) depending on the number of words you wish to delete.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:23 PM
    Thanks Guys tried it works great!

It's an even cooler keyboard now, now if I could get it to stop putting the u in place of the i, totally changes the context of a sentence >

From the Zed of Rockivy
    04-21-13 07:57 PM
    Very sweet find, thanks for passing it on.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:01 PM
    I just discovered of you hold down the caps. button and the the delete button, you toggle between deleting forward or backward (from the cursor)

Via my Z10
    Wow, my wife's MacBook can barely "delete" stuff. I know you can do that, but you have to press shift or ctr or the apple button and backspace to do what the "delete" key does on a windows machine.
    04-21-13 08:14 PM
    Wow, my wife's MacBook can barely "delete" stuff. I know you can do that, but you have to press shift or ctr or the apple button and backspace to do what the "delete" key does on a windows machine.
    My MacBook delete stuff just fine

if you hold down the cmd button and hit backspace on the mac, it deletes the whole raw and it is highly effective and a useful feature.

If there is something that really works on the Mac is the shortcuts with cmd. There are the basic shortcuts and then some many more that you need to learn through time, but believe me it is much more productive in this sence than other systems once you get the hang of it and learn the shortcuts. You can do pretty much everything only by using the keyboard. The trackpad also has some really cool features and gestures.

a bit off topic, but really, like I was, if you have not used a mac before you really cannot know the potential it has. It does have its limitations but it also packs a lot of very useful features and characteristics that make it very user friendly and productive (it does have a learning curve coming from windows though).

It is like it is with the Z10. People that have not tried it, start loving it once they get to know it. I find this a really important premise: in tech you have to have the patience to really understand a system and its potential before you decide. The Z10 is a real gem in my eyes (with its problems and limitations none the less). Once you get to know what and how it can do it for you, I believe it is difficult to deny how refreshing and practical the BB10 Platform is (and with quite limited learning curve, for me at least; I find that the Z10 is simple to use and very complete and innovative in the "how" it does things for you).
    04-22-13 12:56 AM
    I use her Mac all the time, sadly...Anyways, this wasn't meant to be taken off topic, but in my original post about this, I did mention that it could be done, but you had to press another key with two backspace key. definition not better than having a dedicated key like Windows.

Back to the topic at hand though. The Mac/PC debate never goes anywhere. The PC guys always speak to truth while Macheads have no idea what they are talking about

Posted via Z10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    04-22-13 09:50 AM
    How about a new keyboard minimize trick? Well, new to me anyway. I just discovered it a couple of days ago.

I find myself trying to minimize the KB by doing the space key long-press, but I always release it too quickly and end up with a "space" that I then do a backspace to delete, then try again on the space bar long-press. I'll admit I've cycled through that loop several times in a row on occasion, and been frustrated (with my impatience - all it takes is another split second and the KB would minimize). When possible, I'll use the two finger swipe down to minimize, but I found another trick:

If you'll try a long-press in the text area you are typing in, it will minimize the KB much quicker than using the long-press on the space key!!!
    Make sure you do it in a blank space, not on text, say at the end of a sentence or below some typed text.

I use it all the time to minimize the KB that pops up in BBM/ BBM Groups when I want to read, not type a response. It works everywhere I've tried it to do a quick minimize of the KB.
    04-22-13 11:58 AM
    Two finger swipe down will minimize the keyboard and two finger swipe up will bring it back

From the Zed of Rockivy
    04-22-13 01:12 PM
    How about a new keyboard minimize trick? Well, new to me anyway. I just discovered it a couple of days ago.

I find myself trying to minimize the KB by doing the space key long-press, but I always release it too quickly and end up with a "space" that I then do a backspace to delete, then try again on the space bar long-press. I'll admit I've cycled through that loop several times in a row on occasion, and been frustrated (with my impatience - all it takes is another split second and the KB would minimize). When possible, I'll use the two finger swipe down to minimize, but I found another trick:

If you'll try a long-press in the text area you are typing in, it will minimize the KB much quicker than using the long-press on the space key!!!
    Make sure you do it in a blank space, not on text, say at the end of a sentence or below some typed text.

I use it all the time to minimize the KB that pops up in BBM/ BBM Groups when I want to read, not type a response. It works everywhere I've tried it to do a quick minimize of the KB.
    Actually tap anywhere in a text field and the keyboard will minimise. No long press necessary. The only place I have found where the long press is necessary is the crackberry app

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:30 PM
    I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing.
    04-22-13 01:32 PM
    Two finger swipe down will minimize the keyboard and two finger swipe up will bring it back

From the Zed of Rockivy
    Wow, knew about the down trick, but not the up to show the keyboard trick!

Posted via Z10
    04-22-13 06:41 PM
    Sorry if this has been posted already, but after reading this thread I was playing with the keyboard and noticed that by holding down the shift key and tapping on the text input screen, it goes into a text selection highlight with those two handles instead of that cursor positioning circle. Tested it and it works with bbm, texts and emails but not with this CrackBerry app for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:07 PM
    Weird. Please disregard my last post in this thread. The shortcut isn't very dependable and I'm starting to think it might be some weird glitch. Sorry guys! Can't delete the post from the CrackBerry app.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:15 PM
    I use her Mac all the time, sadly...Anyways, this wasn't meant to be taken off topic, but in my original post about this, I did mention that it could be done, but you had to press another key with two backspace key. definition not better than having a dedicated key like Windows.

Back to the topic at hand though. The Mac/PC debate never goes anywhere. The PC guys always speak to truth while Macheads have no idea what they are talking about

Posted via Z10
    You are so true, any such debate never goes anywhere, look at some great examples in CB
    hahahaha then, me being a recent Mac adopter and a hardcore PC user since the time of DOS, I must be speaking the truth without having any idea what I am talking about
    lets have a cyber ... cheers
    Back on topic now then...
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    04-22-13 07:33 PM
    Wow, knew about the down trick, but not the up to show the keyboard trick!

Posted via Z10
    weirdly enough you can bring the keyboard up even in the home screen where your app icons are at, eventhough you cannot actually get to imput any text. But I find it cool to be there (if they could enable search to work from that screen directly when you swipe up the keyboard, it would also be cool )
    gregorylkelly and DocDRM like this.
    04-22-13 07:36 PM
    weirdly enough you can bring the keyboard up even in the home screen where your app icons are at, eventhough you cannot actually get to imput any text. But I find it cool to be there (if they could enable search to work from that screen directly when you swipe up the keyboard, it would also be cool )
    Search or even speed dials like the qwerty BlackBerrys. I miss my speed dials!

Posted via Z10
    04-22-13 08:17 PM
    I think they could make that work if they actually enabled those while in the home screen. Pull out keyboard, prolonged-tap hold "C"... calls CB Kevin automatically

Seriously it would be great to have them enabled just on the home screen keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Just Me likes this.
    04-23-13 01:35 AM
    The lack of speed dial buttons may convince me to grab a Q10, but then what will I do without that beautiful screen. Dilemma...

I was thinking of a new keyboard gesture. I love the ability to swipe words up but I find often the need to add an "S" to the end of the word. Why not show the singular word an over the letter and add additional gestures. Up gives you the visible word while up and right adds a "S" to the end.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 12:01 PM
    The lack of speed dial buttons may convince me to grab a Q10, but then what will I do without that beautiful screen. Dilemma...

I was thinking of a new keyboard gesture. I love the ability to swipe words up but I find often the need to add an "S" to the end of the word. Why not show the singular word an over the letter and add additional gestures. Up gives you the visible word while up and right adds a "S" to the end.

Posted via CB10
    That one also gets me all the time !

Usually I swipe up-back space-s to get around it.

Was thinking they could implement treating the s like punctuation Or a hold long press of some sort

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:50 PM
    Search is already there. Hit the little magnifying glass at the bottom middle on the main screen and up comes the keyboard, type in your search term.

Example bbm john.... up comes John's bbm icon, hit it and you're talking to john.... also from the search, swipe right and there are a bunch of search filters.

Pretty slick way of navigating the phone

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:54 PM
    Search is already there. Hit the little magnifying glass at the bottom middle on the main screen and up comes the keyboard, type in your search term.

Example bbm john.... up comes John's bbm icon, hit it and you're talking to john.... also from the search, swipe right and there are a bunch of search filters.

Pretty slick way of navigating the phone

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I already know this, what I was referring to was that the search option would also work when bringing up the keyboard without hitting the magnifying glass.

We were just discussing free full use of the keyboard and in that sense, I think it would be great if some of the hardware keyboard props would be introduced to the Z 10 when the keyboard is brought up on the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM likes this.
    04-25-13 01:16 PM
    That's pretty cool but not very practical.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:23 PM
    To recap, if I understood correctly, a two finger swipe on the homescreen for the keyboard and then have shortcuts and perhaps speed dial.... ? If so that would be awesome IMHO

Yeah, I already know this, what I was referring to was that the search option would also work when bringing up the keyboard without hitting the magnifying glass.

We were just discussing free full use of the keyboard and in that sense, I think it would be great if some of the hardware keyboard props would be introduced to the Z 10 when the keyboard is brought up on the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys and DocDRM like this.
    04-25-13 01:52 PM
    That's pretty cool but not very practical.

Posted via CB10
    Not really sure what you are referring to?
    04-25-13 01:54 PM
    To recap, if I understood correctly, a two finger swipe on the homescreen for the keyboard and then have shortcuts and perhaps speed dial.... ? If so that would be awesome IMHO
    Yeah, that is what I meant. Two finger swipe up on the home screen gives the keyboard anyway. Since bringing up the keyboard on the home screen is possible but does nothing, I do not see why they would not give us some virtual keyboard home screen quick dials and shortcuts. I would absolutely LOVE this...m
    Just imagine that....
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 155014
    Attachment 155015
    04-25-13 02:29 PM
159 ... 4567