???
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    04-20-13 07:27 AM
    Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:44 AM
    Sorry. Accidental post above.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:45 AM
    Nice one. Could someone start separate thread about keyboard and all other sorts of shortcuts. And update it regularly like the thread with Z10 bugs, you know.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:58 AM
    Sometimes I hate people who use phones

Black Tie Z10
    Ha!!!! I Laughed so hard and LOUD when I read this one.
    Thanks for the typin tips everyone.
    04-20-13 10:31 AM
    not quite sure why you would use the "trick" of pressing on the ?123 and then sliding to get the symbol or number you need, why dont you just try swiping down on the keyboard, it only gives you the selection of one character then goes back to letters, just as sliding from the number button
    04-20-13 11:01 AM
    not quite sure why you would use the "trick" of pressing on the ?123 and then sliding to get the symbol or number you need, why dont you just try swiping down on the keyboard, it only gives you the selection of one character then goes back to letters, just as sliding from the number button
    It's more fluid in my opinion. Once you swipe down the keyboard you have to lift your finger and then pick the key you want. The ?123 method of just touching that key and sliding to lets say the ? is more faster. Especially when you memorize where it is.
    04-20-13 11:19 AM
    Double thumb swipe is what I use
    04-20-13 11:37 AM
    The shift delete feature is very intermittent and difficult to use. I have not been able to make it work consistently but I have made it work. I believe you need to somehow activate the blue focus circle then you can activate the shift delete combo. Try doing it in an email, it may not even work in other apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...delete-787084/

Double thumb delete is an excellent new feature I just learned. Big swipes seem to work best. I struggle getting a 4 finger delete to work as my fingers don't all fit on the keyboard. Symbol slide is also amazing. How many gems remain hidden on this device?
    Last edited by Just Me; 04-20-13 at 12:11 PM.
    04-20-13 11:58 AM
    Great tip as well. I didn't know about either of these shortcut before this thread. Two options work for me. This topic is in need of a sticky, so many useful tips are being collected here.

04-20-13 12:03 PM
    OP it looks like you didn't come up with the new trick but this is the first time I have seen it so thanks. I love the two thumb delete! I will be adding this to my list of tricks as well (link in my signature).

Thanks for the great post.
    04-20-13 09:11 PM
    How do you activate double thumb delete?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:23 PM
    The for the tips guys
    04-20-13 09:31 PM
    That's pretty cool. Nice find!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:33 PM
    How do you activate double thumb delete?

Posted via CB10
    To delete a whole word swipe right to left. To delete 2 words swipe right to left with 2 fingers or 2 thumbs. To delete 3 words use 3 fingers and 4 words use four fingers.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 12:31 AM
    I search and didn't find that anyone has posted this keyboard trick that I just discovered.

We all know about the swipe right to left with one finger to delete a word. If you swipe right to left with two fingers it will delete two words and with three fingers three words. Four fingers and you run out of keyboard real estate for swiping it seems so three is the most words you can delete in one swipe.
    Nice

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 12:49 AM
    Another thing I found hepled me out relating to the predictive text flick on the screen:

In the beginning I was trying to tap and sweep up on the letter right above which the word was proposed. That sometimes made it hard to get it to work. Accidently I found out that if you tap and sweep up from the letter below the one on which the word appears works like bliss:

for example in the below pic in order to flick up the word "to" you can tap and sweep up on the letter G or the letter F, it will still do the trick. (Whereas before I would only try to sweep on the T.

I found that to speed up my writing quite a bit.

(maybe some - most of you already know, but I thought that it would help for those that do not, sorry if it has been mentioned elsewhere I have not looked for it)
    Attached Thumbnails New Keyboard Trick Discovered-img_00000674.jpg  
    CMcRob likes this.
    04-21-13 02:47 AM
    This is awesome! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:55 AM
    My favorite is whenever you need a symbol or number, instead of tapping the ?123 button on the bottom left, just slide from that key to the symbol you need. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    I had no clue about this one, I missed swift key because of it, this is awesome... Thanks dude

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:57 AM
    To delete a whole word swipe right to left. To delete 2 words swipe right to left with 2 fingers or 2 thumbs. To delete 3 words use 3 fingers and 4 words use four fingers.

Posted via CB10
    I can do it with fingers, can't get two thumbs in a comfortable position.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:29 AM
    Not a keyboard 'trick' but I find it more comfortable to have 'in-column' typing for portrait and 'in-letter' for landscape.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:31 AM
    Nice thanks for the trick didn't know It

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-21-13 08:39 AM
    Sorry but I can't get this to work how exactly do you do this even with one finger? I can only get the long press to highlight one word then I can stretch the little blue circles to the words I wish to delete. Not getting what you folks are talking about, but would like to learn

From the Zed of Rockivy
    04-21-13 09:07 AM
    My favorite is whenever you need a symbol or number, instead of tapping the ?123 button on the bottom left, just slide from that key to the symbol you need. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    Very cool. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:11 AM
    Sorry but I can't get this to work how exactly do you do this even with one finger? I can only get the long press to highlight one word then I can stretch the little blue circles to the words I wish to delete. Not getting what you folks are talking about, but would like to learn

From the Zed of Rockivy
    The swipe has to be done in your keyboard area. Not on the text you would like to delete. While you are typing a message you can delete entire 1-4 words simply by swiping right to left on your keyboard with 1-4 fingers.

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob likes this.
    04-21-13 02:19 PM
159 ... 34567