yeap it forces you to take your hand off your phone and then takes you a few seconds to reestablish typing position... pretty stupid if you ask me

i hate this phone
    Just like all typing?

Very cool tricks everyone, never knew any of this!
    04-19-13 02:24 PM
    Thanks everyone for the great information

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Z10
    04-19-13 02:24 PM
    Lol, leave him alone. At least give him candies and make him promise not to lie again.

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    I think his mommy or daddy should spank his wittow bottom.
    04-19-13 02:26 PM
    My favorite is whenever you need a symbol or number, instead of tapping the ?123 button on the bottom left, just slide from that key to the symbol you need. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    Could you be more specific?
    04-19-13 02:27 PM
    im over it, just waiting for the S4 to come out, im going to buy it out and probably throw this hunk of junk zed10 in a bucket of cement
    Apparently not. If you were over it you wouldn't be whining all over these forums. Grow up.
    04-19-13 02:28 PM
    Lol yeah, what I was going to write is doorhead (or doorknob). Thanks for pointing it out

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    I wouldn't have been allowed to post a proper knob now would I

(And thanks, I learned some new tricks in this thread)
    04-19-13 02:29 PM
    I just discovered of you hold down the caps. button and the the delete button, you toggle between deleting forward or backward (from the cursor)

Via my Z10
    Doesn't work for me

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-13 02:29 PM
    I cant, It was given to me for free through work... I come here waiting for news on the release of useful apps and tricks and tips... but lately, I have been spending less and less time on this site.. So many issues with this phone, they should have delayed it another year.
    Did you transfer from an older BlackBerry device?

I had some issues but most of it stemmed from legacy data, so I did a reload and the phone is working much better. Suggesting this phone needed to be delayed a year is laughable. Sure the app support is a bit spotty but for being a brand new platform it is pretty impressive (3x - 4x the amount of Apps that were available for PlayBook).

Obviously you are just in love with another device and the BlackBerry no matter what it does won't do it for you.

Just curious though why you think it is appropriate to hate post here on CrackBerry? I am sure the Android Central guys will join you in your BlackBerry sucks circle jerk.

But while you are here, we'd appreciate it if you'd change your diapers and stop crying so much.
    04-19-13 02:34 PM
    I stumbled across this tip along with others in a video recently...

04-19-13 02:34 PM
    yeap it forces you to take your hand off your phone and then takes you a few seconds to reestablish typing position... pretty stupid if you ask me

i hate this phone
    Oh the humanity, an optional feature requires uses of gestures that aren't similar to Android.

HOW DARE BLACKBERRY RELEASE A PHONE WITHOUT GOOGLE OR APPLES PERMISSION! Don't they know who is boss in this marketplace!

EDIT: OK I will stop but this guy kind of got on my nerves. LOL
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-19-13 02:36 PM
    Then, it sounds like you need to complain to your company instead (or get a job somewhere else; try Yahoo!).
    04-19-13 02:43 PM
    im over it, just waiting for the S4 to come out, im going to buy it out and probably throw this hunk of junk zed10 in a bucket of cement
    Prepare to be disappointed again. And if you are waiting to get rid of the phone why are you actively looking for apps and updates?
    You make no sense

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:44 PM

i hate this phone
    Have you ever used a phone before? You talk out of your backside as the phone does not force what you describe at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:45 PM
    Very good information everyone, who said I'm to old to learn new tricks
    04-19-13 02:50 PM
    You stated in this thread... " I paid $139 only 57 days ago! "

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntract-796459/
    Bwaaaaaahahahaha. He hated it so much he must have bought another one for himself. Because that is what I do when I hate something, get two of them.
    04-19-13 03:16 PM
    My favorite is whenever you need a symbol or number, instead of tapping the ?123 button on the bottom left, just slide from that key to the symbol you need. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    Huh? I tried it and it did nothing. So, if I'm typing "I need the number 7" how do I get the 7 WITHOUT tapping the ?123 button? I couldn't figure it out
    04-19-13 03:33 PM
    The other option you've got is to swipe down on the keyboard and it brings up the symbols menu. If you need the second symbols menu, swipe down a second time. Works well for me.

I'm trying to condition myself for using the swipe from right-left to delete words, but I still find myself heading for that delete button. One of these days I'll get it.

JB
    Sweet! I like your way better than what that one dude said
    04-19-13 03:36 PM
    Thanks

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    04-19-13 03:48 PM
    I like this for using two thumbs to delete two words. Not sure if three is any easier as it forces you to take your hands off the phone.
    You have three thumbs??
    04-19-13 04:02 PM
    When you pull the drop down shade from the home screen and click the bell beside the notifications it will toggle to the last used setting. Way faster if you are constantly switching between normal and vibrate. Did not read the whole post so apologies of duplicated.

Posted via CB10
    imcurved, DocDRM and jesse_h like this.
    04-19-13 04:11 PM
    Could you be more specific?
    Let's say you are going to type "What are you doing?" without quotations. After typing doing, instead of tapping the ?123 key and then tapping the question mark key. You just slide from the ?123 key to the question mark key.

Posted via CB10
    k8bushlover likes this.
    04-19-13 04:32 PM
    Oh look its that troll beginner09 again, his username is apt for the stuff he comes out with.

I really don't understand why he needs to chime in on threads, saying how crap the z10 is blah blah blah.

I mean geez I hated my iphone4 but not once did I feel the need to go and tell iphone lovers how crap their device was...it didn't work for me so I sold it and got something else that worked for me.

Some people like beginner here must lead some very sad lives to come and constantly put up troll comments...he adds nothing to the thread in all honesty.

Not only that he's been outed as a liar lololol, couldn't make this up even if he tried lol. Saying he got it from his work free then in another thread he says he paid for it???.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 and ErinnM like this.
    04-19-13 04:32 PM
    well look ting, i didnt even know yuh cuda swipe to delete a word...LOL
    04-19-13 04:55 PM
    It's a doorknob.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    woah..I thought it resembled a **** plug! LOL
    kbz1960, kaaylynn and amarkj like this.
    04-19-13 05:06 PM

i hate this phone

TROLL..... you know we can look at your history... ya say you should have waited for the s4.. i wish you had to so then we wouldn't ave to listen to you.....but seriously... then you paid 139$ for yours now you are saying you got it free from you company..and they are forcing you to use it... and you have to use it because of bbm .... then you don't use bbm cause its to slow....what is the truth buddy... do you even have a z10? are you going to throw it away.... i will take it for free.. and prepare to be disappointed with the s4... oh and my personal favorite is the 2 year old spec... you know what they had 2 years ago... 800mhz-1ghz processor. and 512 or ram... 5mpix camera...give your head a shake cause your drowning..
    Last edited by silversmith75; 04-19-13 at 05:28 PM.
    04-19-13 05:13 PM
159 12345 ...