Have to say, with everyone knocking RIM for the Z10 about the choice of Dual Core CPU for international version ( TI Omap 4470 )

You can't go wrong with something that knocks the pants off of a Tegra 3, and will most likely be more battery efficient!

Cinematic Experience, Yip, with an SGX 544 This phone is going to rock!

Now we just need LOTS of shiny new apps!

New CPU in Z10 =Awesome!-13283_omap-4470-vs-tegra-3-portada.jpg
    01-15-13 01:24 AM
    What is it comparing it to? Previous phone models or an iphone chip or something?
    01-15-13 01:30 AM
    For those who can't see the image,

The TI Omap 4470 is 50% Faster than a Nvidia Tegra 3 ( Even though the Nvidia is a 5 Core Monster Chip)

And with QNX on top of a 12 Billion Floating Points per second CPU, and SGX 544 Graphics chip.... it is a little pocket rocket
    01-15-13 01:38 AM
    What is it comparing it to? Previous phone models or an iphone chip or something?
    i think thats compared to all who even come close. like Sony , S3 and other high end phones.
    01-15-13 06:21 AM
    Gotta love misleading graphics. Given the relative sizes, the 4470 is made to look as though it really has 16 billion FLOPS, not 12 billion. Sigh.
    01-15-13 07:38 AM
    So how does that compare to the Z10 processor where 4G is available (the S4 - not sure if it'll be the Pro variant)?
    01-15-13 12:35 PM
    considering tegra 3 is old and the tegra 4 is our blackberry, once again, is going to be behind the curve. UGH, i hate that. why does no one understand the game (in terms of specs) like apple? apple has a dual core but quad graphics on iPad and tri-core graphics on iphone. games need GPU not CPU. its killing me to see that blackberry always lags behind and currently im using the 9900 but its a love hate relationship. i cant switch to any other phone because i love the keyboard PLEASE BLACKBERRY DONT MAKE ME SWITCH
    01-15-13 04:33 PM
    While the 4470 is a good chip and is overall a little better than the base Tegra 3, neither are "new" chips. The T3 has been on the market almost 1 year when bb10 phones hit the market. Its not used in many of the "current" phones out there let alone being released now. And as always, specs dont always matter but the actual performance of the phone/tablet does. The specs on the Playbook are pretty decent when it came out but to this day the browser checkerboarding and such are still pretty big issues. The software is still a major part of the equation
    01-15-13 06:08 PM
    The 4470 is basically last year's galaxy nexus with a faster gpu. It definitely is not high end anymore
    Akuji_ism and Rickroller like this.
    01-15-13 06:20 PM
    Who says this will be in the Z10?
    01-15-13 07:41 PM
    considering tegra 3 is old and the tegra 4 is our blackberry, once again, is going to be behind the curve. UGH, i hate that. why does no one understand the game (in terms of specs) like apple? apple has a dual core but quad graphics on iPad and tri-core graphics on iphone. games need GPU not CPU. its killing me to see that blackberry always lags behind and currently im using the 9900 but its a love hate relationship. i cant switch to any other phone because i love the keyboard PLEASE BLACKBERRY DONT MAKE ME SWITCH
    The chip/core that RIM uses is irrelevant as long as the OS works.

Apple has proved this time and time again with the iPhone, not using bleeding edge tech (actually older tech) and still having one of the most fluid experiences on a smartphone.
    Windows Phone 7/8 has proved this as well.

As for your 9900, you can't even compare that phone to iPhones, Androids, etc, it's a whole different league.
    01-15-13 07:49 PM
    Is this the chip that BB10 was cancelled over last year?
    01-15-13 07:59 PM
    its the chip that is in the dev alpha and is the assumed chip for one of the z10 models. its not a FACT yet though, just good assumption
    01-15-13 08:47 PM
    did you process what i wrote? or just chose to read the first sentence, think i was hating on blackberry and respond? iphone has a TRI GRAPHICS CARD what other phone has that? so how is that not in the "bleeding edge tech"? i never claimed my 9900 compares to those phones or even phones that were launched around its time (that the biggest joke ever). with that last sentence being said i dont care what language they used, they chose to dig their own grave by sticking to java up until late 2011 or early 2012 end didnt see that iphone, android all had native language. so again how is iphone behind in tech? btw im not a fan boy for apple, i hate apple im just saying they get the hardware specs right.
    djrupey likes this.
    01-15-13 09:09 PM
    did you process what i wrote?
    Nobody cares what you wrote. If you want a phone predominately for gaming, with the latest and greatest specs... then BlackBerry is clearly not the phone for you.
    djdragon likes this.
    01-15-13 09:24 PM
    Tegra 4 was announced (at CES a few days ago) it's not out yet, and it will be a while before any products with Tegra 4 start to ship. Going by the previous experience of delay between Tegra 3 announcement to actual products shipping in volume it will be many months. So requiring blackberry to use a chip that is faster then what will likely start to ship in volume in May or June is well ...
    BThunderW and antonnin like this.
    01-15-13 09:24 PM
    I am expecting someone coming out to say specs doesn't matter...
    01-15-13 10:59 PM
    I am expecting someone coming out to say specs doesn't matter...

Per your request, specs are for stupid consumers and performance metrics are for people who can think for themselves. So, anyone have any performance metrics at the system level? No, so we continue to play the what-if games...
    01-15-13 11:09 PM
    I saw a 3870 lbs car with a supposedly inferior v6 TT engine with 545 hp beat a 3900 lbs car with a v8 supercharged engine with 700 hp over a quarter mile......true story
    01-15-13 11:41 PM
    I saw a 3870 lbs car with a supposedly inferior v6 TT engine with 545 hp beat a 3900 lbs car with a v8 supercharged engine with 700 hp over a quarter mile......true story
    its like a 1.8l lotus Elise beating the heck of a 3.5l v6 Nissan fairlady on a track.

bigger doesn't mean better.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-16-13 12:05 AM
    If you're that worried about playing a ****ty game on a small screen with no physical buttons, then go to Apple. Bye.
    antonnin likes this.
    01-16-13 01:22 AM
    How does this have anything to do with this discussion? Was this meant like there are so many other variables involved? Was the SC V8 on slicks or was he on street tires? What about the other car? What was the suspension on the cars? How much do each of the drivers weigh. Was this only a single race and one spun out off the line. Was this a street race or a fully prepped drag strip? Useless post.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-16-13 03:16 AM
    omap5 was out q3 2012 wasnt it?
    01-16-13 04:37 AM
    Omap 5 is out, but as a German reviewer stated, Blackberry will get the latest or maybe last Omap4 .

The big thing to take note of, is this is one of the Six models we will see this year....

The Aristo is going to be the King of the Blackberry's ... specs very much like the Nexus 4, and if trend is followed, US could get S4 while international gets Omap 5

Who knows?
    01-16-13 05:00 AM
    hmn
    to be honest, i really don't care - i just want the BB10 to run smooth and from the looks of it, it does (like 99% of the time, and that's without final software on the dev alpha device)
    super excited, can't wait!

oh and... games? i really don't care, i think smartphone games are dumb, playing on a 4'' screen with no physical buttons? no thanks!
    if i feel like playing i'll get a real game for the computer, my Nintendo Wii U or Nintendo 3DS XL (love Nintendo <3)

sure.. those games are way more expensive, like 60euro etc., but i don't have a problem with that. im willing to spend that much for a great game, all those free or 99cent games are just horrible
    01-16-13 05:09 AM
45 12