Hello there, just bought brand new blackberry z10 smart phone before 3 days. As opened opened box checked for all feature seen that speaker not working, even when we try to play songs also. I have already checked all sound setting in device. Can anyone suggest me what I want to do, I having 1 year software and hardware warranty with cell. But I am just checking here if having another way to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 06:18 AM
    Just to double check, press and hold the volume up button (three buttons on the side, the one closest to the top edge of the Z10 is volume up) to see if the volume was turned all the way off. You will see a bunch of dashes along the top edge of the display, if they start filling in from the left, the the volume was turned all the way down. If they appear already fully filled, then there may be a hardware issue with the Z10.

The volume buttons, especially the volume down one, are very sensitive and easily press without you realizing it.
    The down button could have also been press during finally assemble or packaging.
    eldricho likes this.
    03-29-14 06:46 AM
    Download from BBWorld the free Blackberry Virtual Expert and run the various tests. (there are threads that this tool is now incorporated into the HELP app but I have not checked). Speaker tests are there but with a new unit, run the others, too.
    eldricho likes this.
    03-29-14 09:38 AM
    I would immediately exchange if possible, but you can try what has been said above

I have run into this problem 3-4 times so far and have resolved it by taking the battery cover off and then tapping the bottom part of the phone where the speaker is located with a little force and it started working. Not the best solution and don't recommend it if you do have access to a warranty exchange, but it works

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:33 AM
    Hello there, just bought brand new blackberry z10 smart phone before 3 days. As opened opened box checked for all feature seen that speaker not working, even when we try to play songs also. I have already checked all sound setting in device. Can anyone suggest me what I want to do, I having 1 year software and hardware warranty with cell. But I am just checking here if having another way to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Get a refund, before BB stops refunding or replacing units.
    03-30-14 02:58 AM
    Use it with no tension one or two day sound will be back ....... Trust me ........ Just plug your handsfree once and remove it
    hello there, just bought brand new blackberry z10 smart phone before 3 days. As opened opened box checked for all feature seen that speaker not working, even when we try to play songs also. I have already checked all sound setting in device. Can anyone suggest me what i want to do, i having 1 year software and hardware warranty with cell. But i am just checking here if having another way to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Posted via cb10
    03-30-14 03:09 AM
    Hello all there...

As I suggested by one of us. I was remove back cover and knock with finger at speaker portion... I am surprised the sound is coming back... I am so happy with its working again.. Thanks for suggestion... I would like to connect with this forum for long time...

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:07 AM
    Also recommend downloading BBVE and doing the audio tests. It may give you some insight

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:21 AM
    Put it in for service . I had this problem. The tapping works but it is only a temporary fix. I had to get it repaired, 1 week before the warranty expired.

New speaker and hopefully a more solid connection and I am 45 days without another incident.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:30 AM
    I agree with those that suggest getting it repaired or replaced. If it were software, fine, there's a fix. But if you have to TAP any part of the phone to get something to work - that is hardware and it will eventually fail more permanently. But glad it is working for this moment. Good luck
    03-31-14 09:46 AM
    I'm puzzled with my issue...I have notifications on so when I get emails...bbm...texts it will make a sound...but no sound is happening just today but music plays with sound...I have checked settings numerous times and can't figure it out
    10-06-14 04:55 PM
    Fixed...took battery out and rebooted...lol
    FF22 likes this.
    10-06-14 05:05 PM