04-28-13 06:33 AM
54 123
tools
    I'm going with its a touch screen phone maybe the one sprint talking about getting a lil before the holidays to make up for the Z10 screw up, This will be the crakberry talk starting around Oct
    03-23-13 06:00 AM
    Hope it will take atleast 8 months before it arrives because it sucks when u just got a Z10 and a few months later there is a "better device" I personally hope they will start first with a "cheaper" device
    Yep it sucks but there is always something coming from them all. If you always wait you'll never have anything.
    03-23-13 06:06 AM
    To be honest I'd rather blackberry just focused on two handset, Z10 and Q10 for now pull back some strong market share then start making new model. I don't like the idea of 5 or 6 different model device. I think we should follow suit with the I phone, which has of standard and just have two standards which will make things easier for devs who don't have to focus too much on different screen sizes for 5 or 6 model phone to support BB10 OS I think two is enough

Posted via CB10
    I think I've read that with the tools it is simple to tweak for that.
    03-23-13 06:09 AM
    03-23-13 06:38 AM
    BlackBerry can't set by and not innovate there product. When your running a race standing still your going to be left behind. Not to say that the new devices like the Z10 should suffer at the expense of the new devices thought.
    03-23-13 07:31 AM
    I heard it was the new Bop It! for BlackBerry 10 model.
    03-23-13 07:46 AM
    wouldn't it be great to hv something come out like the porsche model,with a whole lot of goodies baked into it
    03-23-13 08:12 AM
    BlackBerry can't set by and not innovate there product. When your running a race standing still your going to be left behind. Not to say that the new devices like the Z10 should suffer at the expense of the new devices thought.
    Yes, agreed. I very much want to see them compete. I just wonder, given the unique situation they're in, whether (as you seem to understand) they should focus like a laser beam on a couple of devices and get them established, or at the very least come with a down-market device that really covers the users they seem to be going after with this whole makeover - that is, younger connected media consumers.

An interesting question is this - are we past the first 'wave' of smartphone pricing evolution. In the next 5 years, there will be downward pressure on pricing as people are less and less willing to spend $600.
    03-23-13 08:28 AM
    It was said that BlackBerry will release six new devices in 2013. I think that there will be a couple of baseline devices to help with the cost factor.
    03-23-13 08:38 AM
    It was said that BlackBerry will release six new devices in 2013. I think that there will be a couple of baseline devices to help with the cost factor.
    I'm guessing they're not quite going to make it to 6 this year.
    03-23-13 08:43 AM
    To be honest a new high end smartphone would be absolutely useless. Blackberry need to extend its range of smartphone in the mid/low end in order to increase its users base like Nokia is doing currently.
    03-23-13 08:47 AM
    It wouldn't surprise me if they have four out of the six by the end of the year.
    This is what I think BlackBerry will have this year. Z10, Q10,BlackBerry 10 Tablet, L-series or Aristro.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 03-23-13 at 09:15 AM.
    03-23-13 08:51 AM
    The way I understood it was that the screen sizes were to remain the same as the Q10 and the Z10. I know the Aristo's specs show a larger screen, but it is a very old spec sheet. Changes are very likely
    03-24-13 12:26 AM
    I've heard Sprint will carry a blackberry full touch smartphone which isn't the z10. It could be the Aristo or something similar. Besides, blackberry did confirm that they'd be releasing like 6 bb10 phones this year. Z10 is just a taste of what they really have in store for this platform.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 12:38 AM
    Maybe a slider?
    03-24-13 01:05 AM
    Quad core Z10?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:09 AM
    Z10 size and dimensions are exactly same as S4... Only the display is bigger in S3 and S4.... No offence.. I own 5 z10... Just coz m loyal to my brand.. But aesthetics wise.. Z10 has same dimensions ... Only iphone 5 has small footprint with 4 inch screen...
    My friend has s3.. Just put both the phones above each other... They are almost exact... So in my view.. This size is fine and they can increase d display, no issue for me.. But if they expand the footprint then surely I am out... I don't want myself in note 2 category.. Simple and clear...
    The S3 is a half centimetre larger all the way around. That might not sound like much, but when taken in the small size of cell phones, an extra half centimetre on the sides or the top makes a world of difference.

Just wanted to make sure you understood that the Z10 and S3 are not "exactly the same size."

JB

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 02:42 AM
    Not too worried about new hardware at this stage while now owning a Z10 in the US. More excited for future software and software updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 02:53 AM
    Most certainly new devices will arrive over the coming months. However, if any BB people are reading this, I don't want

- a screen size any larger. I switched back from a Lumia 920 which was larger and I didn't like it at all. Good, balanced size and weight is more important than a giant screen. I will use another device if I want to do things that require a giant screen.

- a device that sacrifices battery lifetime to increase hardware specs. No, a phone does not need eight cores. And no, a phone does not need a superb 3D accelerator chip. Please keep in mind that I want it to last a full day, to play need for speed for two hours and then go charge it.

That being said I am actually excited to see what BB comes up with in the future. The Z10 was a good comeback, the Q10 will likely be as well for those who want a physical keyboard. Now we need a new tablet
    03-24-13 02:59 AM
    Which BlackBerry supposed to be the most POWERFUL BlackBerry 10 phones?

Posted via CB10
    The next BlackBerry 10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:02 AM
    It wouldn't surprise me if they have four out of the six by the end of the year.
    This is what I think BlackBerry will have this year. Z10, Q10,BlackBerry 10 Tablet, L-series or Aristro.
    I believe the Z10 is L-series. Q-10 is N-series and Aristo is A-series if I recall correctly from the roadmap leaked last year. I'd bet that any new low end phones would fall into either L or N while Aristo is a whole new phablet type device. Holiday 2013 seems logical to be releasing it, suggesting it will arrive in February 2014, knowing BlackBerry these days...

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:52 AM
    I believe the Z10 is L-series. Q-10 is N-series and Aristo is A-series if I recall correctly from the roadmap leaked last year. I'd bet that any new low end phones would fall into either L or N while Aristo is a whole new phablet type device. Holiday 2013 seems logical to be releasing it, suggesting it will arrive in February 2014, knowing BlackBerry these days...

Posted via CB10
    You say almost pay 700 dollars is a low end phone :banghead:

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    03-24-13 04:30 AM
    Thorsten isn't committed to a new tablet this year and given his comments at the BB10 launch, the Q10 will be a higher priority than the Z10 but neither are the 'true' flagship.
    Let's all wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 04:48 AM
    I just want to see better update for this system than new look with same thing

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 05:06 AM
    I disagree. I don't think BBRY will come with a new tablet this year.
    Thorsten isn't committed to a new tablet this year and given his comments at the BB10 launch, the Q10 will be a higher priority than the Z10 but neither are the 'true' flagship.
    The choice to go with the Z10 first as opposed to the Q10 was symbolic of the change in direction they're trying to implement, wouldn't you say? I'd be interested to know why you think the Q10 is the higher priority. Let me also say I agree that it should be! To me, the ideal phone for them at this moment might have been the Z10 as some sort of slider.
    03-24-13 05:30 AM
54 123