BlackBerry has 'exciting' flagship phone planned for holidays | Mobile - CNET News

Has no one started a thread on this yet? I wonder how shiny new Z10 owners will feel if buzz starts building in October about a new Blackberry that, in Thorsten's words, will 'take BB10 to another level in terms of the user experience'.
    Last edited by mset; 03-23-13 at 08:35 AM.
    03-23-13 01:27 AM
    Probably a blackberry tablet no? Seems to make more sense than a new flagship phones

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-23-13 01:33 AM
    Probably a blackberry tablet no? Seems to make more sense than a new flagship phones
    CNET article specifically says it's a phone.
    03-23-13 01:36 AM
    The Aristo?
    21stNow likes this.
    03-23-13 01:41 AM
    Hopefully it's a big dirty octo core phone to show up the S4. You can't expect the Z10 to be the top dog forever bbry is going head to head with other big players in the market you should want them to shine. We'll still get our updates as Z10 owners just like S3 owners will get there updates after the S4 is released. Good for bbry I hope it makes a big splash in the face of competitors it keeps things fresh.
    03-23-13 01:49 AM
    What a surprise.

I also tell you a few more secrets.

There will be a Samsung Galaxy S5, it's coming.

And a new iPhone and an HTC TWO or THREE.

Maybe even a new Nokia Lumia.

All phone manufacturers will release some cool stuff before the holiday season. Some will be flagship.

I don't believe we have seen the best of BlackBerry yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:52 AM
    The Aristo?
    I think it's Aristo, the new Blackberry Flagship...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-23-13 01:55 AM
    What a surprise.

I also tell you a few more secrets.

There will be a Samsung Galaxy S5, it's coming. And a new iPhone and an HTC TWO or THREE. Maybe even a new Nokia Lumia.
    You seriously equate the holiday release of a new phone from these established makers with a holiday release of a new flagship Blackberry given where the company is at and what is going on right now?

Wow, not sure whether to call that optimistic or obtuse.

I think it's great that they have new product in the pipeline, I just think they should be looking the other way, down market, as opposed to a new flagship.

The Nexus 4 is pointing the way forward as far as I'm concerned (in terms of the 'new normal' price point for high end smart phones).
    03-23-13 01:57 AM
    I have a feeling it's going to be a larger, Samsung size device. Or a 10" tablet. Or a...... ahhhhh ****, I have no clue but already excited. lol

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:58 AM
    The Aristo?
    Haven't even heard of it. I'll have to search it up.
    03-23-13 02:02 AM
    I wouldn't get too excited, note they didn't commit which year.
    Besides there is still a lot to get right on BlackBerry 10.

Mike posted via CB10
    03-23-13 02:31 AM
    Hope it will take atleast 8 months before it arrives because it sucks when u just got a Z10 and a few months later there is a "better device" I personally hope they will start first with a "cheaper" device
    03-23-13 02:44 AM
    If it's ANY bigger, count me out. This phone is already at the edge of what I'd like to carry around with me everyday.
    03-23-13 02:49 AM
    Can I enjoy my z10 that I just got 48 hours ago first before people rain on my parade about a new flagship BB

Yeah there's always going to be something better down the line. Its the nature of the beast.
    03-23-13 02:51 AM
    Which BlackBerry supposed to be the most POWERFUL BlackBerry 10 phones?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 02:53 AM
    @mset No am not equating at all. That must be your wishful thinking.

Am just mentioning that these companies all will release flagship phones for the holiday season.

Posted via CB10
    sasktorgy likes this.
    03-23-13 02:58 AM
    We can debate if the launch of a new device is the right moment to announce a better one later that year. After all people are committing for 2 year contracts.

Hope we don't see the famous Osborne effect repeated by Elop repeated by Heins.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:02 AM
    Just remember... your z10 will stop working the minute its successor hits the streets.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-23-13 03:13 AM
    Sounds like a healthy company at work to me. I'm buying my Z10 as planned.
    03-23-13 03:35 AM
    Lets hope they wont pull an Apple. Breaking news! New Blackberry z10S, where everything is basically an upgrade that z10 should have to compete with modern phone but **** it, we gonna repackage it as a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:57 AM
    Having something like this happen does create mixed feelings about investing in our BB10 devices, but the payoff is the company that builds our chosen phone platform can continue to work at competing in the market and eroding the notion that they are becoming "irrelevant", instead showing that they can build a "powerhouse" of a device.
    I'm sick of reading KRAP that always says BB is too little too late.
    I think BB is forced to produce new devices just to attract attention from users of non-BB devices.

That being said, I can' wait to get my Z10 in a few days!
    03-23-13 04:10 AM
    I am not spec driven when deciding which new phone to get. The main thing that kept me with BlackBerry was the overall size of the Z10. The footprints of some other phones was way too big.

If in two years time when my current phone contract runs out BlackBerry has a better phone than the Z10 which doesn't get into the ridiculous sizes of some phones I may upgrade to the next BlackBerry. If not I will stick with my awesome Z10 for a few years more past this too.

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Zed (or is that Zee?)10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-23-13 04:54 AM
    I am not spec driven when deciding which new phone to get. The main thing that kept me with BlackBerry was the overall size of the Z10. The footprints of some other phones was way too big.

If in two years time when my current phone contract runs out BlackBerry has a better phone than the Z10 which doesn't get into the ridiculous sizes of some phones I may upgrade to the next BlackBerry. If not I will stick with my awesome Z10 for a few years more past this too.

Z10 size and dimensions are exactly same as S4... Only the display is bigger in S3 and S4.... No offence.. I own 5 z10... Just coz m loyal to my brand.. But aesthetics wise.. Z10 has same dimensions ... Only iphone 5 has small footprint with 4 inch screen...
    My friend has s3.. Just put both the phones above each other... They are almost exact... So in my view.. This size is fine and they can increase d display, no issue for me.. But if they expand the footprint then surely I am out... I don't want myself in note 2 category.. Simple and clear...
    dirt662 and knighty2112 like this.
    03-23-13 05:10 AM
    Z10 size and dimensions are exactly same as S4... Only the display is bigger in S3 and S4.... No offence.. I own 5 z10... Just coz m loyal to my brand.. But aesthetics wise.. Z10 has same dimensions ... Only iphone 5 has small footprint with 4 inch screen...
    My friend has s3.. Just put both the phones above each other... They are almost exact... So in my view.. This size is fine and they can increase d display, no issue for me.. But if they expand the footprint then surely I am out... I don't want myself in note 2 category.. Simple and clear...
    My thoughts exactly too. : )

tabish4u likes this.
    03-23-13 05:21 AM
    To be honest I'd rather blackberry just focused on two handset, Z10 and Q10 for now pull back some strong market share then start making new model. I don't like the idea of 5 or 6 different model device. I think we should follow suit with the I phone, which has of standard and just have two standards which will make things easier for devs who don't have to focus too much on different screen sizes for 5 or 6 model phone to support BB10 OS I think two is enough

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:32 AM
54 123