I just bought a new OEM battery for my Z10 and am delighted to see my battery life restored back to 6-8 hours if heavy email use.

The best $5.00 you can spend if you're still using a Z10!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    brookie229 and ppeters914 like this.
    03-13-18 11:34 AM
    The Z10... it's still in its prime.

If they are able to kill it, I will unable to feel anything but sad that, even after many great years, it still will have died young.

I'm still hoping for some sort of smartphone / Internet revolution that will make Android / iOS obsolete before I truly have to let go of BB10. (I'm not delusional that BB10 is going to make a comeback, I'd just rather see some other options out there by that time.)
    03-13-18 12:15 PM
    The Z10... it's still in its prime.

If they are able to kill it, I will unable to feel anything but sad that, even after many great years, it still will have died young.

I'm still hoping for some sort of smartphone / Internet revolution that will make Android / iOS obsolete before I truly have to let go of BB10. (I'm not delusional that BB10 is going to make a comeback, I'd just rather see some other options out there by that time.)
    I'm with you 100%. I just haven't experienced the utility from iOS and Android smart phones that so many seem to love. I'm still largely PC-based, which is probably why. I really just need a smartphone for business communications, not for retail purchases, social networking, photos, video, games, etc.

I am a huge techie/nerd and would be all over Android and/or iOS if I saw a benefit. In the company I run I have our staff trying new tech every day from.various cliud-based platforms to drones, coding and API integrations, etc.

Sometimes I get the feeling that people see diehard BB10 users as resistant to change or as technically limited. In my case I think its the opposite. I see most mobile apps as being too rigid and locked down, which limits their usefulness to me. I like a wide open, transparent file system with direct access to app data and lots of interoperability.

03-13-18 12:57 PM
    I just bought a new OEM battery for my Z10 and am delighted to see my battery life restored back to 6-8 hours if heavy email use.

The best $5.00 you can spend if you're still using a Z10!

Where did you buy from?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    03-13-18 04:30 PM
    Where did you buy from?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    Amazon.

03-13-18 04:31 PM
    I think it's like a gamble to buy Z10 batteries from Amazon. You never know what you get. I bought a the battery pack incl. the charging station for my spare battery and the one I got already lost nearly 20% of it's original capacity.
    I'm just thinking about buying a non OEM one, that might be newer.
    03-14-18 02:24 PM
    Well done my Z10 friend!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-18 03:03 PM
    I think it's like a gamble to buy Z10 batteries from Amazon. You never know what you get. I bought a the battery pack incl. the charging station for my spare battery and the one I got already lost nearly 20% of it's original capacity.
    I'm just thinking about buying a non OEM one, that might be newer.
    Considering the last ones were produced almost five years ago, it's no surprise that most have at least some performance degradation. But at $5 ea. It's still a heck.of a value.

03-15-18 11:00 PM
    Sure it's really cheap. But for me the purchased battery simply wasn't in a better condition than the one I used before. As you said, the batteries were produced years ago and probably stored in an unfavorable way: unloaded.
    So that's why I'm thinking of buying a non OEM one. Maybe they were produced later.
    03-16-18 06:29 AM
    Maybe they were produced later.
    They are, indeed. My neighbor just picked up a Z10 battery from E-bay and it works fine. Took forever to get to him from Shenzhen but it's good. There are factories over there that still make older phone batteries.
    03-16-18 08:35 AM
    All I know is it was cheap and it gives me 6-8 hours of moderate use compared to the 3-4 I was getting with the previous battery. This is my fifth battery since I bought the phone at launch, all but the first one was an OEM from Amazon, and I haven't been disappointed once.

03-17-18 10:04 AM
    Wow, 3–4 hrs is really bad. I still get 17 hrs of light use out of my batterie with 86% capacity (according to Battery Guru app). I can see, those batteries are an upgrade to your previous situation.
    03-17-18 01:27 PM
    Wow, 3–4 hrs is really bad. I still get 17 hrs of light use out of my batterie with 86% capacity (according to Battery Guru app). I can see, those batteries are an upgrade to your previous situation.
    You get 17 hours of battery on a Z10? Your use must be pretty light. Even when new I never got 10 hours of use. What I call moderate use is reading and writing several hundred emails in a working day.

03-17-18 04:52 PM
    You get 17 hours of battery on a Z10? Your use must be pretty light. Even when new I never got 10 hours of use. What I call moderate use is reading and writing several hundred emails in a working day.

Wow!

"Writing several hundred emails in a working day" is moderate use?

I'm curious to know what a 'heavy' day looks like for you...

I think that the Z10 is not so bad in stand-by if you have it set up to not have a bunch of stuff going on in the background (which, at this point, if someone were still using this device I would assume they have it tweaked to their liking already) but the screen is a pretty quick drain on the battery.
    moonflyer likes this.
    03-17-18 05:00 PM
    Wow!

"Writing several hundred emails in a working day" is moderate use?

I'm curious to know what a 'heavy' day looks like for you...

I think that the Z10 is not so bad in stand-by if you have it set up to not have a bunch of stuff going on in the background (which, at this point, if someone were still using this device I would assume they have it tweaked to their liking already) but the screen is a pretty quick drain on the battery.
    A heavy day would involve a lot of call time, Web, audio and video.

03-17-18 05:43 PM

I could get 2 days of light use out of my z10, however my definition of light use is seemingly lighter than yours. Several hundred emails is heavy use.

Posted via CB10
    moonflyer likes this.
    03-17-18 05:56 PM
    I purchased a set of two batteries each for my Z10 and Q10. It definitely helps. I normally get about a day to a day and half do depending on calls. I write quite a bit and have around a 100 emails a day. I do some streaming so that impacts it as well. Still the best phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-18 06:09 PM
    My z10 was automatically switching off when battery comes 30%.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-18 11:55 AM