I have one of those little ihome Bluetooth speakers.
    Wondering if I would benefit using Neutron?

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-07-14 06:20 PM
    Benefit....... how? Not really sure what you're asking here.
    02-07-14 06:24 PM
    Benefit....... how? Not really sure what you're asking here.
    Would my speaker sound any better?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 06:26 PM
    For any real benefit you need to connect your bluetooth mini-speaker to an audio system (stereo or such). A mini speaker can't deliver the sound simply because of the size of the speaker.

Z10 STL 100-3. OS 10.2.1.1925
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-07-14 09:25 PM
    Yes it will help sound quality on your BT speaker. You can use the equalizer to make cuts in certain bands to reduce some boominess, or increase some higher bandwidths for more presence. What is really fun, if your BT speaker is true stereo configuration, i.e. Left and right speakers even if close together, is that the Neutron surround capability is astounding once tweaked right.
    Go on the Neutron Player site to find out more, and look up "ambiophonics" for further info on the surround sound settings.
    02-08-14 05:47 AM
    Yes, neutron has an equalizer it will help. Bose soundlink mini BT speaker would help more. Thanks @ Beakman for the only helpful post here.
    02-08-14 07:33 PM
    When choosing a bluetooth receiver/speaker its worth noting all bb10 phones are blue tooth aptX compliant. Make sure the bluetooth receiver you buy is aptX for best sound.

Its also worth noting expensive BOSE gear does not have speakers any better than many cheaper brands. BOSE systems work by having sophisticated porting of the speakers combined with some digital processing of the sound too equalise the sound to correct for inadequacies of the speakers. No speakers can give an entirely flat response and the porting and sound processing is no bad thing. Its a similar situation with car head units with flat equaliser settings on the head unit the output is rarely flat - its tuned around considerations in a cars interior.
    Neutron is a good media player and I use it with the standard BlackBerry headphones but I have found that the supposedly flat equaliser settings in neutron appear not to be flat at all when compared to the standard BlackBerry player. It seems neutron adds some re equalisation to get better sound output. Now if your bluetooth speakers are also compensating you can get an over compensation effect using neutron. I found with some equipment some music sounds clearer and more detailed over the standard player than with neutron.
    Now it may be changing the neutron equaliser settings can put things back right but you should not dismiss the standard player too quickly.
    02-17-14 02:52 AM
    I have one of those little ihome Bluetooth speakers.
    Wondering if I would benefit using Neutron?

Posted via CB10
    Simply Yes

The picture below will give you an idea what I use mine on other than my Z10 100-STL2 and PlayBook.

Neutron Question-img_00001015.jpg

Neutron Question-img_00001012.jpg

I now wish I could add a little video of this Samsung Giga Sound System and close to its 2560watts

jtvberry
    11-26-14 06:33 PM
    For any real benefit you need to connect your bluetooth mini-speaker to an audio system (stereo or such). A mini speaker can't deliver the sound simply because of the size of the speaker.

Z10 STL 100-3. OS 10.2.1.1925
    But the fun you have with the likes of the equaliser even on your BlackBerry Headset is amazing, through your phone or PlayBook.

Neutron Question-blackberry-headset.jpg

Even better through your sound set, all Bluetooth

Neutron Question-img_00001012.jpg

jtvberry
    11-26-14 06:40 PM