Thanks...what do You intend for 'just light'?
    01-19-15 03:47 PM
    The EQ is also able to set the width of adjustment so the lower mid bass dosent spill over into the 1kz midrange area. Unless thats what the user likes. But for me, I almost always use the normalization feature since it takes the guesswork out of setting the tone.
    I'm going to download Neutron to my iPhone 5. That should sound pretty sweet with my RHA IEM earphones.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 10:57 PM
    I used Neutron player on my Galaxy SIII so far, and sounds much better, than with the default player. I switched to Q10, but I am not satisfied with the default player (I listen flac music). How much better is the sound quality of neutron player with the default equalizer settings than the default music app?
    03-09-15 08:58 AM
    Thanks. I have it set up and fine tuned. Sounds great.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:27 PM
    I used Neutron player on my Galaxy SIII so far, and sounds much better, than with the default player. I switched to Q10, but I am not satisfied with the default player (I listen flac music). How much better is the sound quality of neutron player with the default equalizer settings than the default music app?
    on a z10, and once Neutron is tweaked up it is noticeably better than the stock app; and I listen to a mix of flac, mp3, and m4a music and podcasts too
    03-09-15 03:49 PM
    I have neutron and I find it too complicated. Perhaps this kind group can help me out. Here are my questions....
    I've contacted Neutron support twice - they are awesome. I'm a huge fan of the app and the developers.
    03-09-15 04:11 PM
    Well, to preface this I will say that I am by no means an audiophile. That being said I took a nice leisurely stroll to day and used both Neutron and the stock player in 10.3.1.2280. The stock player was very very nice to use. Minimal interface but the sound was awesome. Grant you I use plain jane MP3 files, no flac or oob. Even my headphones are plain jane, the ones that I got from my SGS4. Nice Bass, nice Treble.
    03-09-15 04:24 PM
    Is anyone else having this problem? While I have the app playing and I then go to the browser the music stops until I leave the browser. In fact if I go to any other app while the music is playing it also stops. I might be missing a setting or something. Thanks for any help on this.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:20 AM
    I forgot to say I am o 10.3.1.2708 thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:22 AM
    I never had that happen. Maybe the webpage you are on has audio or video automatically playing but muted

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    03-29-15 03:36 PM
    And if you changed the Neutron app permissions check those too

03-29-15 03:38 PM
    Is anyone else having this problem? While I have the app playing and I then go to the browser the music stops until I leave the browser. In fact if I go to any other app while the music is playing it also stops. I might be missing a setting or something. Thanks for any help on this.

Posted via CB10
    Open settings, security and privacy, application permissions and make sure "Run when minimized" is enabled

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 03:43 PM
    Open settings, security and privacy, application permissions and make sure "Run when minimized" is enabled

Posted via CB10
    That was it. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 04:27 PM
    Depending on the genre of music you listen to: the bass is cleaner on electronic music and the treble is great, music with instruments sound clearer and distinct, and overall you'll hear things in songs you probably haven't heard before or as much. And the effect is more noticeable on DLed and music ripped from CDs, you'll find that you don't have to put the volume up as high as before with headphones and it sounds fantastic in a car sound system (you might want to set the treble, bass, sub to neutral again and then adjust from there)

I don't feel the need to mess with the EQ or any other settings after normalizing the library, it's like the auto-volume leveler on iPods but more robust

Thanks sibeans! I thought I was getting pretty good sound out of Neutron before I normalized my library. After normalizing I'm AMAZED at the audio quality. AMAZED! No doubt in my mind this should be the first thing users should do before messing with the EQ or any other settings. It can take awhile if you've got large collection but it's well worth the time.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.2267
    sibeans likes this.
    05-04-15 01:55 AM
    I've had it for about a year now but haven't normalized my library. Sounds like I need to.
    05-04-15 02:28 AM
    Excellent player. Proximity control a usable bonus too.
    05-04-15 04:23 AM
    Thanks sibeans! I thought I was getting pretty good sound out of Neutron before I normalized my library. After normalizing I'm AMAZED at the audio quality. AMAZED! No doubt in my mind this should be the first thing users should do before messing with the EQ or any other settings. It can take awhile if you've got large collection but it's well worth the time.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.2267
    Yup! I've got 40gb worth of music and podcasts and always leave my phone in airplane mode with the screen on whenever I normalize the library as it will minimize any disturbances to the process (it can happen). Also, I've found that I've had to re-normalize sometimes after an app update, so it's a small hassle to do but I agree with you that it's well worth it.

05-04-15 12:28 PM
    This might not be new to people who've used Neutron for a some time but recently I stumbled across the way to disable the source auto scan of the music library which can drain battery and put a strain on hardware resources once the app is cold opened.

Just tap on "Sources" and for every source on the right there's a red lit button and setting it off (red button to black) will prevent the auto scan every time the app is opened. This definitely saves system resources and the time spent waiting for the scan to finish for those with especially large media libraries.

If you made changes of adding or subtracting media, a long press on the source will invoke a menu where you can manually scan you source for those additions/subtractions.

06-05-15 06:42 PM
    I would use Neutron exclusively but it's wonky with my car radio- Kenwood DDX771, 2015 firmware.

When playing through bluetooth, the display on the screen flashes on and off, the time stays at 0:00, and the song name doesn't change when it goes to the next track. If I pause the music, it behaves normal, but goes bonkers again as soon as I resume playing.

Stock BB10 media player, and both my OS7 phones did not exhibit this behavior. Only happens in Neutron.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.840
    06-19-15 09:13 AM
    I didn't use that music equalizer app Neutron. Can you guide me a little?

Neutron music player-img_20150625_160200.png
    Neutron music player-img_20150625_160149.png

Long press albums/click normalize/wait for process to complete.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.840
    06-25-15 06:04 PM
    While Normalizing your library, leave your device in airplane mode and alone to do that one thing so as to minimize errors.

*[assuming the media transfer to phone/sd card went error free, sometimes (but not lately) songs will play jumbled and all you need to do is unbind EQ the tracks and then re-normalize them]

Also Normalizing seems to only apply to the aux (headphone/line out) and the external speaker while bluetooth connections default to the bt codec so it doesn't apply.

*Set audio quality to "audiophile" (that setting will use more CPU but is well worth it) and from my experience I can't tell the difference setting 64 bit processing on. Also, I don't use the EQ because of the excellent results of normalizing.

Last edited by sibeans; 06-26-15 at 08:14 PM.
    06-26-15 02:18 AM
    I have neutron and I find it too complicated. Perhaps this kind group can help me out. Here are my questions in. I particular order.

* how come the app can't see all my music? BlackBerry music player does. Do I have to import all my albums?

* when I set the equalizer once, does it remain on that particular setting til I change it? I can turn it on and off right?

* the million other settings, do you change them or leave them alone and just use the equalizer?

* is there a manual!

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    Neutron Player is for those serious about music, as a sound engineer I love it as it replicates most functions on a sound desk. If you play around with the equaliser settings to determine a balance you like you'll be teaching yourself how to do basic audio engineering, if you get lost just hit the values reset button !

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 04:48 PM
    Brilliant software excellent a must buy

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 07:08 AM
    recently enabled "64-Bit Processing" in settings and Neutron got even better! all instruments come more into play and electronic music is much cleaner than it already was from Normalization!

with earbuds on it's hard to tell the difference but off of over-the-ear headphones (and I imagine car and home systems too) the clarity and accuracy really shines. if the tradeoff is even less battery life, the gain in audio quality is definitely worth it.

*note* mp3's will play in 64 bit but FLAC is limited to 16 bit for some reason (findings are from Neutron on a Z10).
    Last edited by sibeans; 07-18-15 at 11:20 PM.
    07-18-15 10:44 PM
    I can't seem to find it, but how do you make Neutron pause during a phone call? I noticed yesterday that music kept playing why I was talking on the phone...

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    08-06-15 05:20 PM
54 123