Woowowwo is all I can say! I just downloaded the neutron music equalizer app and it takes listening to music to en entirely new level.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 on official 10.2.1.537
    01-29-14 02:50 AM
    I LOVE Neutron!!!!!!!! The equalizer is super!
    anon(870071) likes this.
    01-29-14 08:25 AM
    It never goes on sale!
    01-29-14 09:54 AM
    I have neutron and I find it too complicated. Perhaps this kind group can help me out. Here are my questions in. I particular order.

* how come the app can't see all my music? BlackBerry music player does. Do I have to import all my albums?

* when I set the equalizer once, does it remain on that particular setting til I change it? I can turn it on and off right?

* the million other settings, do you change them or leave them alone and just use the equalizer?

* is there a manual!

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    01-29-14 11:38 AM
    The UI is impeccable

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 11:39 AM
    I have neutron and I find it too complicated. Perhaps this kind group can help me out. Here are my questions in. I particular order.

* how come the app can't see all my music? BlackBerry music player does. Do I have to import all my albums?

* when I set the equalizer once, does it remain on that particular setting til I change it? I can turn it on and off right?

* the million other settings, do you change them or leave them alone and just use the equalizer?

* is there a manual!

It's actually not that user friendly unless you understand the degrees of outtput! So from a general pointt of view start left at the equalizer and set everything to O degrees. Thwn one mhz by mhz adjust up or down starting left until the dsired tonal ouput is created to your taste.

It's nott that complicated but yes it is designed for more of a professional use but try the tip I suggested.

01-31-14 02:47 PM
    Thanks!

I'll adjust from left to right at the equalizer.

I guess the million other things that can be adjusted I will just leave alone?

ElyHawk likes this.
    01-31-14 03:05 PM

* is there a manual!

For neutron to see your music, you must configure "source" and pick your music folders.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    01-31-14 04:06 PM
    Thanks!

I'll adjust from left to right at the equalizer.

I guess the million other things that can be adjusted I will just leave alone?

The other settings just leave as it is meant to sub adjust output and can mess things up unless you are a professional. Keep them factory set and ONLY adjust the equalizer how I described and you'll be fine!

01-31-14 09:21 PM
    Does it support the LOD (Line-Out-Dock), or does Q10/OS10 support LOD in general?
    Thanks to all
    01-17-15 10:32 AM
    It never goes on sale!
    The value of Neutron exponentially exceeds the cost! And if you have a PlayBook, it will DL for that too. It does take some getting used to to the UI and normalizing your library takes a long time (depending on the amount of music you have) up but once that's done; you'll be hearing your music library with a new set of ears!

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    01-18-15 01:31 AM
    The value of Neutron exponentially exceeds the cost! And if you have a PlayBook, it will DL for that too. It does take some getting used to to the UI and normalizing your library takes a long time (depending on the amount of music you have) up but once that's done; you'll be hearing your music library with a new set of ears!

is it fully native?

Edit: nevermind, read the description at the bottom

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    01-18-15 01:01 PM
    is it fully native?

Edit: nevermind, read the description at the bottom

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    Yup, even though in no way does it follow any of BlackBerry 10 UI guidelines

01-18-15 02:09 PM
    Yup, even though in no way does it follow any of BlackBerry 10 UI guidelines

I was really hesitant about buying it, but I just did and it really is great. The tempo/pitch functionality along with the crossfade does it for me. I love slowing down songs sometimes and the sleep timer seems like something I'll also be using a lot

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    01-18-15 02:56 PM
    I was really hesitant about buying it, but I just did and it really is great. The tempo/pitch functionality along with the crossfade does it for me. I love slowing down songs sometimes and the sleep timer seems like something I'll also be using a lot

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    Nice!

Don't forget to look into settings and:

check off reply gain, set resampling to audiophile, check off automatic gain protection, check off automatic dsp effect in connection and controls, check off dither and rumble filter in audio hardware, make sure your phone has a full charge, set it on airplane mode, configure your sources (if music is only on your SD card then remove the phone source for music so that it will refresh your music library quicker) and long press the albums in your library (select normalize, select the plus sign) wait until it's finished and enjoy!

I have +30gb of music on an SD card and it takes a few hours for normalization to finish

Swave514 likes this.
    01-18-15 03:23 PM
    Nice!

check off reply gain, set resampling to audiophile, check off automatic gain protection, check off automatic dsp effect in connection and controls, check off dither and rumble filter in audio hardware, make sure your phone has a full charge, set it on airplane mode, configure your sources (if music is only on your SD card then remove the phone source for music so that it will refresh your music library quicker) and long press the albums in your library (select normalize, select the plus sign) wait until it's finished and enjoy!

I have +30gb of music on an SD card and it takes a few hours for normalization to finish

I'm going to do this asap! Does this all make the sound quality better? You notice a huge difference?

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    01-18-15 04:11 PM
    Depending on the genre of music you listen to: the bass is cleaner on electronic music and the treble is great, music with instruments sound clearer and distinct, and overall you'll hear things in songs you probably haven't heard before or as much. And the effect is more noticeable on DLed and music ripped from CDs, you'll find that you don't have to put the volume up as high as before with headphones and it sounds fantastic in a car sound system (you might want to set the treble, bass, sub to neutral again and then adjust from there)

I don't feel the need to mess with the EQ or any other settings after normalizing the library, it's like the auto-volume leveler on iPods but more robust

Swave514 likes this.
    01-18-15 04:23 PM
    I'm going to do this asap! Does this all make the sound quality better? You notice a huge difference?

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949

Neutron music player-img_20150118_160700.png

What your song will look like before

Swave514 likes this.
    01-18-15 06:09 PM
    Neutron music player-img_20150118_160751.png

And what it will look like after normalization to indicate how much it was digitally processed

01-18-15 06:10 PM
    I'm doing this right now!! It feels like its taking forever normalizing but thanks for all the info I'm really having fun with this app!!!!

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    01-18-15 11:02 PM
    Nice!

Does this actually edit the actual file and change it permanently or is this an internal mechanism that Neutron uses? I'm not sure that I would want my music file actually edited.
    01-19-15 12:02 PM
    Does this actually edit the actual file and change it permanently or is this an internal mechanism that Neutron uses? I'm not sure that I would want my music file actually edited.
    No permanent changes to the file.

Normalizing songs applies only when read within the player

FF22 likes this.
    01-19-15 01:00 PM
    If it were permanent it would actually take a hell of a lot longer since it would be rerendering everything entirely. With that said tho, we need more music applications on bb10!

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    FF22 likes this.
    01-19-15 02:12 PM
    Does it support the LOD (Line-Out-Dock), or does Q10/OS10 support LOD in general?
    Thanks to all
    Anyone can help me? No audio enthusiast in the 3d?
    01-19-15 03:32 PM
    I have had this issue for able a month now, the player audio will cut out and stop playing, my only way around it is to quickly close and then reopen to get it to play normally.

No Shade Just Light!!!
    01-19-15 03:45 PM
54 123