Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that. I'm pleased to see they 'settled' their differences. Bodes well for all platforms, including Blackberry.

I too believe that eventually Netflix is going to come to BB10 in one form or another (HTML5 web app, android port, etc). But I'll respectfully disagree that people cancelling subscriptions, emailing, etc in the interim is a waste of time. The protest was noted, got a bit of attention and might have the effect of speeding things along. I don't know that will happen, but I don't see any wasted effort. I'm sure there were those who thought they were gonna really stick it to Netflix, etc and that's misguided. But I don't think the majority of people who participated believed that.
    If blackberry really wanted to give it's customers Netflix on bb10 - build it. Take the queue from MS, take some initiative. If MS can why not blackberry.

The truth is, blackberry did not plan the launch of bb10 with a feature or killer app. They went for quantity not quality.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 08:40 PM
    I'm running Netflix and I'm not canceling it's friggin Awesome I was like the people who don't watch on the phone BUT when you have the option rather than no option to watch whatever you want

I would rather have the option on a this device (Z10) and never watch it than have Netflix talk all that BS to us
    05-25-13 08:43 PM
    You need to shop around a bit. Never seen an Apple TV for $200.

Last one I bought was $90. At the Apple store.
    I agree, apple tv or wdtv live are affordable to watch Netflix on your big screen. People would like to say that they will use it on the phone but the reality is they won't. iOS users don't use their iPhones as a primary device to use Netflix. Maybe the ipad.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 08:45 PM
    So picking movies goes a little slow. It works good enough.

It really isn't slow on mine. And videos play full speed.

For me for my phone, the current Netflix port works good enough for what I care about

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I sideloaded it just for me to experience it and it worked.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 08:47 PM
    There's obviously more to this than the app. There is a functional app available. Not perfect, but functional. IMO, It's about content licensing and platform availability based on those agreements.....
    05-25-13 08:50 PM
    I'm not canceling for Crackberry users lmao. I love Netflix and totally understand why they're not supporting it. Would you support a device like the Z10? It's totally new and this company has a bad past. It needs to redeem itself as a multimedia device

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:37 PM
    Post if you fall in one of these categories

Kids love Netflix
    You love Netflix
    Your significant other loves Netflix
    Your pet loves Netflix
    8 bucks a month is peanuts even if you don't watch Netflix or don't know how to even use it on your xbox, playstation, apple TV, wii, and other media streaming devices
    Watch Netflix on your ios, or android phone/tablet
    Have sideloaded it on your bb10 and you don't know what's all the commotion is about.
    Understand business, economics or supply and demand
    Are a smart and reasonable person
    Well traveled, eat exotic food or at least try once
    You are sane
    You rather watch a movie on your big *** screen TV and I don't want to hook up my phone to my TV.
    You have Netflix because you're too lazy to look for any video rental store closest to you and likely there isn't one so I'm keeping Netflix
    You have common sense
    And all other reason, name and post it.

My reason for keeping Netflix is all of the above.

Posted via CB10
    $8 is fine. The only problem is they keep increasing it without my permission.

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    05-25-13 10:03 PM
    So far I'm keeping mine.

Pasted with my BlackBerry!
    05-25-13 10:20 PM
    Long time Netflix user, and have never watched a movie on my phone...nor do I want to. Not cancelling, and think that the "we'll show them" movement is childish and absurd...just my opinion.
    05-25-13 10:48 PM
    Long time Netflix user, and have never watched a movie on my phone...nor do I want to. Not cancelling, and think that the "we'll show them" movement is childish and absurd...just my opinion.
    You know what blackberry used to say TOOLS don't need toys. Oops I got it backward. Lol.

Posted via my iPhone 4
    Last edited by vegetto_456; 05-26-13 at 04:05 PM.
    05-25-13 11:26 PM
    Which is why you need the child in you to make it work

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    05-25-13 11:31 PM
    actually I don't judge others on how they parent, but yes if it means me or wife having an hour to ourselves while the kiddo watches Netflix then so be it - it's a pacifier. is that so much to ask?

What's your point?
    But judging people on how they choose to spend their own money is fine right? Hence the existence of this thread.

So according to your reasons, if you boycott Netflix then you

• Don't understand business, economics or supply and demand
    • Are not a smart or reasonable person
    • Are not well traveled, eat exotic food or at least try once
    • You are insane
    • You have no common sense

That's quite a few judgements.

It's one thing to disagree, but another to suggest that the only 'sane' choice is to keep Netflix and not try to "vote with your wallet" so to speak. On the flip side, I haven't heard any boycotters talk about how 'insane' it is NOT to boycott.

But more generally, I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is:

• Is it to convince people NOT to boycott?
    • Is it to insult those who HAVE boycotted?
    • Or is it to pat yourself on the back about your own choice not to boycott?

In any case, enjoy Netflix and use it for any reason you choose. Far be it from me to judge.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 05-26-13 at 04:27 AM.
    05-26-13 03:46 AM
    Not only childish but this boycott of Netflix hurts the bb10 platform as it proves that BlackBerry users do not consume content vs other platforms.
    I don't think it proves anything of the sort. :-) What about stuff on Youtube? Rentals in App World? Using dedicated streaming apps like TabletTV or NFB? Or people syncing their own videos to it? (something I do all the time).

Asking nicely is better approach.
    I agree that it's more positive.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    05-26-13 08:04 AM
    Never heard about Netflix until this forum talk about it much.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:05 AM
    I don't think it proves anything of the sort. :-) What about stuff on Youtube? Rentals in App World? Using dedicated streaming apps like TabletTV or NFB? Or people syncing their own videos to it? (something I do all the time).

I agree that it's more positive.

Posted via CB10
    YouTube (Google) is beginning to wade into the pay territory now. And the first Google TV box from Asus is out I believe. That will be interesting to watch. Netflix's subscriber base of 36M? Is a spit in the ocean next to YouTube.

BB 10 is unquestionably built with multimedia in mind. If the rumoured phablet arrives later this year that will help to cement the idea that they are committed to it. Perhaps it's something that BlackBerry should devote more resources to: commercials that show how the phone can be a very useful tool, AND a very fun little toy as well. The best of both worlds.

And you don't need an app in Blackberry world to access YouTube from your phone...

EDIT: A link you might be interested in. http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/...subscriptions/
    Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:19 AM
    But judging people on how they choose to spend their own money is fine right? Hence the existence of this thread.

So according to your reasons, if you boycott Netflix then you

• Don't understand business, economics or supply and demand
    • Are not a smart or reasonable person
    • Are not well traveled, eat exotic food or at least try once
    • You are insane
    • You have no common sense

That's quite a few judgements.

It's one thing to disagree, but another to suggest that the only 'sane' choice is to keep Netflix and not try to "vote with your wallet" so to speak. On the flip side, I haven't heard any boycotters talk about how 'insane' it is NOT to boycott.

But more generally, I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is:

• Is it to convince people NOT to boycott?
    • Is it to insult those who HAVE boycotted?
    • Or is it to pat yourself on the back about your own choice not to boycott?

In any case, enjoy Netflix and use it for any reason you choose. Far be it from me to judge.

Posted via CB10
    All of the above. But seriously.

Well according to most people here at crackberry that they want Netflix but also their bb10 device are

"For work, don't care for apps like Netflix or instagram" or use the "browser" or "sideloading it"

But the same time they make comments like "bb10 is new and apps will come" as an excuse for the lack of apps, btw you can sideload Netflix, instagram and many others.

Sure people are free to cancel, and frankly I couldn't care less. But if you want bb10 to succeed don't you think it's better when you have a bargaining chip which is you as a subscriber.

People didn't initially subscribe to Netflix so they can watch it on their bb10 device which 3 months ago didn't even exist.

Most people on this forum I find illogical and, lack reason.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:11 AM
    I'd recommend you check out the WDTV Live SMP, usually retails around $99. I've used WD media players for years and find they play any format I can throw at them, use DLNA, built in wireless, etc... Oh, and yes, it does have Netflix built in as an option... I can even play from my Z10 wirelessly through the Media Server option. Just a thought if you're into NAS, media players, etc.
    Well thanks for the recommendation but I'm happy with the Apple TV and I refuse to ever waste another $ no a WD product, ever.
    05-26-13 03:32 PM
    Must admit not having Netflix on my BlackBerry z10 isn't the end of the world to me.

I do use it mobile quite a bit but the screen size and battery life of my Galaxy Note 2 makes it far more suitable for me.

I guess it'd be nice but I consider my Z10 to be the dull but trusty workhorse phone.
    05-26-13 05:00 PM
    Side loading is soo easy. I have Netflix but only use it in hotels or if I happen to travel on a plane I'd use the airports Wifi.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:04 PM
    I'm not going to cancel my Netflix. I don't have cable or Directv. All I have is the antenna and Netflix. My kids watch Netflix all the time and right now I'm almost finished with all seasons of Weeds.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:35 PM
    We haven't had cable/satellite for years, and Netflix is an integral part of our home TV entertainment. We also use Amazon Prime, but not nearly as much as Netflix.

I see no compelling reason to cancel, at this point. A BB Netflix app would be nice to have, but it is not essential to my BB use, and I don't think cancelling my account would have much effect on Netflix's decisions.
    05-28-13 12:43 PM
196 ... 678