Wow is all i have to say! First off, Netflix runs great on my Z10 and has been for some time now since the leak and now official OS. Where i seem to be having troubles is the fact that it is a battery burner! I watched maybe 2.5 hours of shows on it, accompanied with the HDMI out on my small TV in the bedroom to see my battery at 34% after use from 100%.

Yikes, i sent a message out to my android friends and they appear to be having the same problem with netflix on their phones. Not sure if this is just a coincidence but i much rather not have it on my phone than unless i am at home.

Anyone else noticing this? Found a 27% drain on netflix with a 18-20% drain on the external display output. The external display output is always a killer when we talk productivity or they are moving away from a tablet per say. We all saw the demo of USB hub in use along with an external display but i don't think it may be ready for prime time as it chews through my precious percentages.

Thoughts?
    02-02-14 12:31 PM
    Don't use it? It's Netflix that needs to optimize their app. Also, if an external display is use.....chances are there is a plugin near by.
    02-02-14 12:40 PM
    Wow is all i have to say! First off, Netflix runs great on my Z10 and has been for some time now since the leak and now official OS. Where i seem to be having troubles is the fact that it is a battery burner! I watched maybe 2.5 hours of shows on it, accompanied with the HDMI out on my small TV in the bedroom to see my battery at 34% after use from 100%.

Yikes, i sent a message out to my android friends and they appear to be having the same problem with netflix on their phones. Not sure if this is just a coincidence but i much rather not have it on my phone than unless i am at home.

Anyone else noticing this? Found a 27% drain on netflix with a 18-20% drain on the external display output. The external display output is always a killer when we talk productivity or they are moving away from a tablet per say. We all saw the demo of USB hub in use along with an external display but i don't think it may be ready for prime time as it chews through my precious percentages.

Thoughts?
    I'm not surprised at all. Netflix is going to be a big battery drain because it's streaming HD content, and it gets worse if you're doing that over the cell network (vs wifi).

External display is going to be a battery drain because the GPU has to work overtime trying to power both the phone screen and the external. Personally, I think the HDMI connection is only really designed to be used while your phone is also plugged into a power source especially if you're relying on it for more than just a quick 15 min presentation or something.

Does that make it not ready for prime time? No. You won't find any phone that will do what you're trying to do without big battery drain for years to come. If you're plugged in via HDMI, chances are you can plug in the power too. Just do it.
    02-02-14 12:40 PM
    Don't use it? It's Netflix that needs to optimize their app. Also, if an external display is use.....chances are there is a plugin near by.
    Typical comment lol
    02-02-14 04:12 PM