03-21-13 10:29 PM
53 123
tools
    I hate to share this, but I still cant believe all the negativity behind anything that Blackberry delivers. In order to impress the media, I am guessing the next "failure" that Blackberry releases should just transform into a robot and cook breakfast and do housework. Even then, Im sure there will be more than enough room to bash it.

BlackBerry Z10 Review: Good is not good enough - Mar. 20, 2013
    03-20-13 07:20 AM
    Wtf? I stopped reading at "If apple or Samsung released a device like the z10, it would get called boring."

Have these idiots not seen some of the devices those two release? Ahaha oh yeah, cause the iPhone 5 was *super* exciting, and so was the Galaxy S4...lol
    03-20-13 07:31 AM
    Lol. did you at least read the comments at the bottom... wont be surprised if the article gets taken down
    03-20-13 07:37 AM
    I read the headline and stopped there, I've seen enough. Another corporate hit piece... No unbiased source would use a sweeping word like failure. I work in media, I smell a definite bias. Fortunately it's only CNN. Talk about a dizzying fall from great heights. The difference between CNN and BlackBerry is that BlackBerry is recovering from their fall.

CNN is a joke nowadays and I felt that way long before I switched to BlackBerry from Apple... Which I'm sure CNN loves no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    Savior4Life likes this.
    03-20-13 07:40 AM
    Articles like this gets my blood boiling. Everyone is biased to some degree but daaaaamn..

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-20-13 07:42 AM
    What!!!! The Z10 doesn't cook??? That's it.....Z10 meet trash can.
    03-20-13 07:47 AM
    This article is just bullsh*t. I am in the smartphone industry myself and have been using all the top smartphone in the market now. I have used phones like Samsung s2, Motorola RAZR, RAZR maxx, HTC One X, X+, One S,iphone4s, iphone 5 and been using HTC DROID DNA, Samsung s3, and currently testing out the new HTC One....and by no means the z10 is what this stupid reviewer has described. I am also a huge android fan, a modder who like to root my Android phones n use custom ROM to maximise the performance of my phones. But the Z10 is on par in terms of performance and smoothness, and not to mentioned the hub is one of the best feature in a phone I had used. It just works for me... managing my 5 email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, messaged etc.
    When my company passed me the z10 to test, I thought I will miss my beloved android phones... but I was wrong. The ease of use of this device is just incredible. It just feels like a proper phone that get the job done. Who cares about eye scrolling, or hover to turn flip page function??? And typing on this device is just incredible. No other touchscreen device can match this. Now I am typing even faster than using my 9900.
    Ya, the camera isn't great, but adequate and good enough for me.
    Ya, it might not have a lot of apps right now, but it's slowly and surely coming. How long does it takes android to have whatsapp and instagram?? It also took almost forever for it to be available in android format.
    For potential buyer, please don't believe in this stupid article. Don't even have doubt on the ability of this phone. Test it for urself. Give it a chance. This is truly a good, if not great device.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 07:49 AM
    These are the type of articles that make you wonder if the reviewers are paid to pump out brutal reviews.... the article really adds no depth, detail or value.... it just flames blackberry and makes you wonder if they looked at the phone for more than 5 minutes. I'm not sure that a review from them on IOS or Android would be any better... it's just a filler article...
    cman5 and Alphax45 like this.
    03-20-13 07:52 AM
    For potential buyer, please don't believe in this stupid article. Don't even have doubt on the ability of this phone. Test it for urself. Give it a chance. This is truly a good, if not great device.

Posted via CB10
    I truly believe that has the competition worried and they are pulling out all stops to try and kill it before it gets traction. I believe they'll fail of course... Anyway thanks for sharing. I feel the same way. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    cman5, Drayk, R Field and 1 others like this.
    03-20-13 07:54 AM
    What is a CNN money?? Never heard of that.

Posted via a toaster.
    nicknac89 likes this.
    03-20-13 07:54 AM
    funny thing is........

If APPLE or GOOGLE introduced :

-the unbelievable keyboard
    -the amazing hub feature
    -the fluidity of the OS
    -usefulness of peek
    -the timeshift camera feature
    and on and on.

Boy, would it have been hailed as breakthrough technology.
    03-20-13 07:55 AM
    Best quote:

"BlackBerry needed a phone that could stand up against any other new device. But this is not a flagship phone. It's a device anyone else would be giving away for free with a two-year contract by the end of the year. And for BlackBerry, that obviously is not enough."

Im not affected, as long as Im happy with my Z10, who cares about what this guy says.
    03-20-13 07:58 AM
    All these super biased reviews are probably done by people who have shorts in the stock market against BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:05 AM
    if theres one good thing that came from this article its the mention in the comments of a higher screen ppi than the iphone 5. wow. didnt know that. i havent seen one in person but to be honest didnt quite care about super hi def hd maxx+++ screen quality. as long as it was as good as my 9900 i would have been ok.

this is just a bonus!

so, how beautiful is the screen?
    03-20-13 08:27 AM
    Very poor article. The author didn't even say BBRY has 6 months before going bankrupt. :P

Seriously tho, I don't think this reviewer has even seen a Z10 and iPhone 5 side-by-side before since to me, both screens look equally great; even if the Z10 has better pixel density. The other 'points' he makes tells me he only used the phone for five minutes with a negative mindset.
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-20-13 08:29 AM
    It's worth noting that the reviewer used to write for Gizmodo and his new position at CNN Money was described as covering "Apple and all of its rivals". Anyway, don't feed the trolls.
    03-20-13 08:33 AM
    It's worth noting that the reviewer used to write for Gizmodo and his new position at CNN Money was described as covering "Apple and all of its rivals". Anyway, don't feed the trolls.
    I was going to say, I recognized Adrians name from somewhere... but now that you mentioned it, he is so pro apple, it's not even funny.
    03-20-13 08:36 AM
    I didn't bother to read it. I don't want to give him my click.
    eBud likes this.
    03-20-13 08:43 AM
    All comments on said article are true... unfortunately people with no knowledge about smartphones are going to read this article and believe it to be true because it is on CNN.... This is the issue for BB at hand...
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    03-20-13 09:02 AM
    I regret clicking too. I DO appreciate the OP posting this article and bringing it to everyone's attention. Already we've learned the author is a former pro-Apple writer for Gizmodo. Let the Sun shine in on these dark corners.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 09:12 AM
    Since BlackBerry maintains its own operating system, the company should be able to differentiate itself through software-centric design and features.
    BlackBerry certainly improved its platform this time around, but even with the addition of its best new features, the update feels conservative..
    Conservative? Huh? The phone's OS is unlike anything else out there. As is the Hub. The experience is about as different as one can get. BB's famed physical keyboard is gone (for now). No more hardware buttons. No Home button. Many legacy BBOS features BlackBerries were famous for are missing (for now).

Conservative for BlackBerry? I don't think so.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-20-13 09:15 AM
    The interesting piece here is that the video is very positive, but the article is not at all.
    03-20-13 09:17 AM
    I saw the article appear in my Google News feed. Didn't bother to read it either.
    03-20-13 09:17 AM
    I am frustrated by it as well and not because I am a BB addict, but because I find that too many reviewers do poor reviews. It just so happens that the smartphone arena has led to self identity with people. Personally I run everything, if something does what I want, I buy it and enjoy it, until the next best thing comes along. That approach should spur on new developments in the market place. I have posted several videos in an effort to show a users perspective, not a paid editor of some website or magazine.

All I can suggest is stay positive with what this device offers. If some of these reviewers understood that we need more players in the market, not less, we would have a wide variety of ever advancing devices.
    03-20-13 09:22 AM
    I truly believe that has the competition worried and they are pulling out all stops to try and kill it before it gets traction. I believe they'll fail of course... Anyway thanks for sharing. I feel the same way. Cheers.
    Posted via CB10
    Agreed....I think the competition see's something threatening here. It's going to take a while, but I think when more & more ppl purchase the device and speak of its accolades, BB10 will slowly win over more users and the media.
    Soon, articles like this will be met with firm resistance.
    03-20-13 09:38 AM
53 123