Hi Crackberry!

Here's the details:

Z10 STL100-3 with Rogers will not turn on.

- When the power button is pressed, nothing happens.
    - When the power button is held for about 10 seconds, red light will flash once.
    - When I pull the battery while on a charger, be it, PC or Wall, steady red light will appear for 10-20 seconds.
    - Phone was purchased with a cracked screen in January and appeared to be working alas, with no touch at that time. So, warranty isn't really an option.
    - Does not indicate charging when on a USB Cable connected to a PC/Laptop or a dedicated wall charger with 750mAh plus wall adapter.
    - I've tried the following:
    Autoloader, 2 different files, both waited an hour each to see if it would connect.
    BB Link, did a battery pull and let it sit to see if connection was possible, yielded nothing. Also, tried to reload OS, nothing.
    IE Update, pulled and replaced battery multiple times to see if this would work, alas nothing.

Also, I have a working Z10 and both batteries work 100% on it.

Any help or ideas or tricks or anything is greatly appreciated! I know I've come to the right place in looking for answers!

Please help!

Thanks, King Colossal
    ca007622 likes this.
    03-20-14 02:33 PM
    Make sure the battery contacts are intact.did you fix the screen yourself?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 03:10 PM
    The old water damaged storms used to do the red light, nothing happens thing. Try taking out the battery and plugging in just the charger do you see a battery with a cross through it? It might also be trying to detect the screen, contact is there?
    03-20-14 03:15 PM
    Make sure the battery contacts are intact.did you fix the screen yourself?

Posted via CB10
    Contacts seem to be fine, I did fix the phone myself, but it was a simply motherboard swap as I bought a frame with the LCD/Digitizer combo pre-installed and all the other little bits that go with the frame.
    03-20-14 04:53 PM
    The old water damaged storms used to do the red light, nothing happens thing. Try taking out the battery and plugging in just the charger do you see a battery with a cross through it? It might also be trying to detect the screen, contact is there?
    Yeah, I had thought it was a screen issue as well but it's a new frame with LCD/Digitizer. The connection looks 100% between the LCD and the motherboard. No battery appears, nothing has appeared on the screen in any of the attempts I have tried.

The water damage indicators are white as well, which is a big thing I check for in purchasing broken devices or otherwise.
    03-20-14 05:03 PM
    I remember the older BB's unless you got the right version of screen it wouldn't work ie, a 001,002,003,004 etc. I am a little dated because I haven't popped open any new BB's but the long light signals bootrom failure, or 'kernal panic' something that is required on start-up isn't there. I am thinking its a bootrom, the mobo was dropped in water imho.

LAST Resort would be to take that electronic contact cleaner a good tooth brush and try cleaning the contacts -- but very unlikely that will fix anything.

I'm placing my bets on the mobo

EDIT: Stickers are so easy to replace you can get them in rolls off ebay, contact cleaner and the buyer never knows it was dropped etc. It's shady but in today world I expect everything, inspect the motherboard for corrosion that is the tell tale.
    03-21-14 08:17 AM
    Install BlackBerry Virtual Expert and see what it can yield for troubleshooting.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F
    03-23-14 11:27 AM
    Prior to the phone going dead on you did you experience "blue screen" crashes?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 01:16 PM