Hi Everyone

My Z10 has been a dream up till now. It does not want to change my bbm picture no matter how many times I change
    it, my friends still sees the one picture. Can anyone tell me what to do? Also it has been telling me to update but
    when I plug it into my computer, there is no update from the blackberry link? I've tried everything that I've read so far but
    that does not help?

Kind regards
    Surette
    09-17-13 01:53 AM
    What OS version are you on and who is your carrier?

Have you tried an over-the-air update by going in to Settings->Software Updates and clicking on the Check for Updates button?
    Surette Viljoen likes this.
    09-17-13 02:43 AM
    Did you try :
    Reboot
    Delete and reinstall?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 02:45 AM
    Stokapps: OS version is : 10.1.0.1720 and the carrier is MTN? I've tried that but it does not allow that over my network because of the size, i need to set up a wifi network but that's not possible where i am.

Felixweber: I've done the reboot a few times, does not work, i've deleted the blackberry link from my pc and re-installed it, that does not help either. Or are you talking about bbm that i must delete and reinstall? I just don't want to lose my contacts and msgs?
    09-17-13 03:14 AM
    I would try walking to a friends house and using their Wi-Fi first before attempting more radical, potentially damaging solutions.
    09-17-13 03:30 AM
    Thanks, i'll try that then. Do you think that my bbm picture that does not want to change is also to do with the update?
    09-17-13 03:41 AM
    On the BlackBerry support forums people with the same issue have said that waiting 2 hours after the change seems to work.
    It appears that it can just take some time to propagate through.

[Edit] Also if you do manage to update, let your phone settle down for 48 hours before making changes yourself, especially if you have a lot of social contacts.
    09-17-13 04:05 AM
    Ok because the pic has been the same for 2 weeks now. I don't have too many contacts. I'll let my phone rest for a while. Thank you so much for your help!!
    StokApps likes this.
    09-17-13 04:09 AM
    You're welcome hope it works out for you, come back if it doesn't.

FYI, hit the like button if you appreciate the help given or just a comment in general.
    09-17-13 04:14 AM
    Actually reading through the posts on the BBM issue on a different forum, perhaps your lack of Wi-Fi connection may be related as well as perhaps the server is misbehaving through your carrier. At your friend with the Wi-Fi's house try the picture update again.
    09-17-13 04:19 AM
    If you are running Windows 7 on your PC, you may set it as a WiFi hotspot in this way:

1. Activate the WiFi module

2. Open the Command Prompt (You'll find it in the Accessories section)

3. Type these in the Command Prompt, or simply copy / paste it (use mouse right click to paste, ctrl + v does not work):

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=netscape key=PASSWORD keyUsage=persistent

[Press Enter]

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

[Press Enter]

(You may replace PASSWORD with a password of your choice)

You may connect your Z10 to the new hotspot and do the update.

Hope this will work for you.

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    09-17-13 04:29 AM
    Thanks i'll do that in the future I just ran next door, they have Wifi so i updated my phone but now it does not want to go past the 100% start up screen?
    09-17-13 04:30 AM
    Also seen a lot, just wait don't do anything it can take up to an hour.

Definitely don't pull the battery or try to reboot.
    09-17-13 04:34 AM
    Thanks i'll do that in the future I just ran next door, they have Wifi so i updated my phone but now it does not want to go past the 100% start up screen?
    Don't do anything, do not pull the battery, it takes a little longer for it to finish the process. Just be patient. It might take an hour or more.

--------------------

09-17-13 04:34 AM
    O i If i already pulled the battery and switched it back on? It's still on the 100% start up menu. Hope i did not break it now
    09-17-13 04:41 AM
    If after an hour or so it doesn't work, you will have to use BlackBerry Link to reload the OS:

How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

--------------------

09-17-13 04:51 AM
    Even if i try that, it does not pick up my phone?
    09-17-13 04:57 AM
    Even if i try that, it does not pick up my phone?
    I don't know what you mean. Did you tried it and it didn't work?
    09-17-13 05:10 AM
    @serbanescu if you look at the initial posting you'll see she was having trouble with link in the first place.
    09-17-13 05:39 AM
    @serbanescu if you look at the initial posting you'll see she was having trouble with link in the first place.
    I know that she was having trouble with Link, but the trouble was Link not seeing the update. This doesn't mean automatically that Link cannot do a software reload. Maybe it can, or maybe it cannot - but it's worth a try.
    Last edited by serbanescu; 09-17-13 at 06:07 AM.
    09-17-13 05:49 AM
    Ok the phone is back online, thank you so much for all you guys help!! There is still just one problem, my bbm picture still shows the same for all my contacts and does not change. But I'll give it time, hope it will change
    09-17-13 06:00 AM
    Thank god! Was worried I'd made the situation worse for you.
    09-17-13 06:03 AM
    You're welcome! Glad it went well in the end (minus the BBM picture problem)
    09-17-13 06:06 AM
    hahaha well can always use it as a brick to throw It just updated my bbm so the picture is sorted too
    09-17-13 06:14 AM
    hahaha well can always use it as a brick to throw It just updated my bbm so the picture is sorted too
    Aiming for the expert helpers, I guess It's so good there are more of us, we can run different directions
    09-17-13 06:21 AM
26 12