i have been a blackberry user for close to 10 years. I upgraded to the Q10 recently and although I dont like the OS10, I just accepted it as a change in technology. I stayed away form the ZI0 as I don't like the all touch screen phones. Seeing the rest of the world with the iphone 5 and the galaxy S3 made me venture into those murky waters.....I eventually returned to my Q10 but dearly missed that bigger screen. So now I have an iphone 5. dont like it too much and may try the S4 which I believe is a bit smaller than the S3....too bad they dont make a z10 size blackberry with a quartey keyboard...so now that i'm accepting the "all touch screen" phone (not that I have a choice since they dont have phones with big screens AND a keyboard) i am thinking of trying out the z10....of course with all the bad news I continue to hear about bb I seem to be the only one in my town with a bb ( or the the desire to have one) , so......I have been hearing bad things about the phone itself (never mind the OS10 and the company itself, I plan to stick around till the end). so should I get a z10? I wont go back to the q10 because of the small screen.... stay with the iphone 5, or try the S4?????
    01-01-14 02:33 PM
    i have been a blackberry user for close to 10 years. I upgraded to the Q10 recently and although I dont like the OS10, I just accepted it as a change in technology. I stayed away form the ZI0 as I don't like the all touch screen phones. Seeing the rest of the world with the iphone 5 and the galaxy S3 made me venture into those murky waters.....I eventually returned to my Q10 but dearly missed that bigger screen. So now I have an iphone 5. dont like it too much and may try the S4 which I believe is a bit smaller than the S3....too bad they dont make a z10 size blackberry with a quartey keyboard...so now that i'm accepting the "all touch screen" phone (not that I have a choice since they dont have phones with big screens AND a keyboard) i am thinking of trying out the z10....of course with all the bad news I continue to hear about bb I seem to be the only one in my town with a bb ( or the the desire to have one) , so......I have been hearing bad things about the phone itself (never mind the OS10 and the company itself, I plan to stick around till the end). so should I get a z10? I wont go back to the q10 because of the small screen.... stay with the iphone 5, or try the S4?????
    Happy New Year.
    You should stick with whatever suits you best.
    I have the Z10 and I would not change it for any other device.

The only problem I can see is the short battery life.

See you around fellow!
    Whatever you choose, enjoy it.
    01-01-14 02:56 PM
    Here's my opinion - take it for what it's worth: I have used various Android phones, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, and the BlackBerry Z10. I now own just the Z10 and have sold all the rest. BlackBerry has had some issues with the Z but they are rapidly being worked out in the leaked operating systems. After loading 10.2.1.1925, I couldn't go back to any of the other phones. I love the screen size, the keyboard, browser, etc, etc...... As I said, just my opinion, but I'm really impressed with the Z10. Glad I got it. But, as mentioned, you need to pick what works for you. I only tell you my opinion to help remove some concerns created by the bad press that the Z has received in the past. Good luck in your selection.

Verizon Z10 STL100-4 10.2.1.1925
    01-01-14 03:43 PM
    Hi, I had it all... s3, s4, nexus 5, nokia lumia, never owned an iphone (and never will). z10 is by far the best device out there. Love it to bits for overall speed, superb multitasking, excelent virtual keyboard. Only one downside - battery life. Test it yourself. Regards

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 03:56 PM
    Yeah, if battery life is important to you I should get the Z30 instead of the Z10.

Posted via CB10.1 Q10
    01-01-14 04:05 PM
    Yeah, if battery life is important to you I should get the Z30 instead of the Z10.

Posted via CB10.1 Q10
    That and a bigger screen = bigger virtual keyboard which can't hurt.

I was a die hard physical QWERTY guy until I got my Z10, and now I think I am faster because its keyboard is smarter than me. I look forward to getting a bigger BlackBerry at some point because the keyboard will only get better.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 04:08 PM
    I knew I forgot to mention something. Battery life. I took my phone off the charger at 9am on New Years Eve day and plugged it back into the charger at 2:30am on New Years Day. My battery was still at 48% after moderate use all day long! This may not be normal for all but I have NO complaints on the battery life. Again, I'm using the 10.2.1.1925 OS.

01-01-14 04:29 PM
    Do yourself a favour and get the Z30, as a previous owner of the phones your thinking about, just didn't do it, this Z30 is probably the best phone I've used in years, other than my 9900.

Posted from my Z30
    01-01-14 04:36 PM
    I knew I forgot to mention something. Battery life. I took my phone off the charger at 9am on New Years Eve day and plugged it back into the charger at 2:30am on New Years Day. My battery was still at 48% after moderate use all day long! This may not be normal for all but I have NO complaints on the battery life. Again, I'm using the 10.2.1.1925 OS.

Actually just because of the battery life I went back to my Q10 (after I used the Z10 for some weeks). So if you want the bigger screen and got some extra bucks to spend, go for the Z30.
    Posted via CB10.1 Q10
    01-01-14 04:47 PM
    I forgot to mention that I am with AT&T, so the z30 is not an option, I appreciate all of the feedback that I am getting. I know that at the end it is my personal decision, but like I said, I'm just looking for a little insight on other peoples experience. From the folks that have had the phone 5, is it safe to say that from ur experience the touch screen keyboard is better on the z10 than on the iphone??
    01-01-14 05:43 PM
    I don't think do go back to the q10, the screen, after playing around with iphone and s3 is soooo much smaller.....I guess it's a question of " which is the greater of 2 evils" having a bigger screen with no physical keyboard or having it with a what now seems to be an outdated screen.
    01-01-14 05:47 PM
    I don't think do go back to the q10, the screen, after playing around with iphone and s3 is soooo much smaller.....I guess it's a question of " which is the greater of 2 evils" having a bigger screen with no physical keyboard or having it with a what now seems to be an outdated screen.
    Z30's fully compatible with AT&T are coming. They are the STA100-1.

The Verizon Z30 will work with an AT&T SIM, but LTE coverage is hit or miss as the Verizon model only has one shared LTE band. Some people have had good luck with this one, but I am waiting to see what the STA100-1 costs when it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 06:46 PM
    ok, just want to thank everyone for their input and advice....I traded my iphone 5 for an unlocked z10.....I must say that i enjoy the bigger screen but it will take some time with the touch screen keypad, i feel like a 1st grader trying to spell out words. very frustrating to say the least. i have had it for about a week and once again I am looking to going back to the Q10. i prefer a physical keyboard rather than a big screen. my primary use is texting and emailing. maybe browsing cnn or the local news here and there...but no gaming, video etc....
    01-08-14 11:26 AM
    I'm surprised to hear you are having troubles with the keyboard on the Z10. Even BlackBerry detractors give props to the keyboard. Frequently, I swipe up entire sentences without typing an entire word. And I find the word correction, word prediction, and punctuation, which has always been best on a BlackBerry, to be even better on BB10. And the keyboard learns your usage over time making it even better. I've never had an iPhone, but from what I understand, the Z10 is no worse than the iPhone 5. Mine lasts me all day anyway.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:32 PM
    MB64 - u think to much.. just go and get Z10
    01-08-14 10:40 PM
    I have had most of the Android devices Verizon has to offer, and most recently the iPhone 5s. The Galaxy and Note line have some "cool" features, but ONLY WHEN THEY ACTUALLY WORK! I had the Z10 on release day, but it seriously lacked apps that I needed. I happened to notice just last week that the Z30 came out, and I did allot of reading on here and saw that there was now a "full" google play store. So I went to my local Verizon store to look at the Z30. One of the reps was using one and let me look at it. I compared it to the Z10, and I decided to go with the Z10. The major differences is the bigger screen, bigger battery, and a slight bump in processor speed. I got home last night, loaded the 1925 leak, snap, and the apps I needed from google play and have used it all day. I am really impressed with it. I had 58% battery when I got home, and that is a little better than what I was getting with my iPhone 5s. If you like a bigger phone, the Z30 is nice, but I could not justify paying $549 non-contract for the Z30 vs. $299 non-contract for the Z10.
    01-08-14 10:47 PM
    The S4 is larger than the S3.

I came from the iPhone, and the Z10 keyboard is infinitely better. Make sure you have all your keyboard settings to your preferences. You need to trust the keyboard a bit more. Flicking up on the keyboard is much faster. Swipe your thumb to the left to delete a word (two fingers to delete two words, and so on), swipe down to switch between characters, shift + backspace for delete, shift+enter/send for a new line in some apps, two thumb swipe up/down from/to bezel to open/hide keyboard. If you type a word and autocorrect changes it, just do the thumb swipe to the left and it will revert to what you typed.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 11:24 PM