Hi , hope I am posting in the right spot. I need to know if I can somehow run a program from itunes on my BB Z10. Trying to use the app for the "square" (credit card purchases for my business) and it only seems to be downloadable from itunes.
    Is this possible and if so how??? Still pretty new to all of this stuff.
    Thanks
    10-02-14 01:02 AM
    Nope, can't install Apple (iOS) apps on BlackBerry 10 devices. You can however, install the Android app!

You could try installing the Amazon Appstore and see if the app is available in there
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/and...UvbUpU10918214

You can also try this guide to install Snap, a native BlackBerry app that gives you access to the Google Play Store
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...taller-902493/

Once done, search for the Square app, install it and run it. Voila, done to go

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 01:16 AM
    Tried that , and went to google play store, found the app. Tried to download it but it said no devices so it wont let me download it
    10-02-14 02:00 AM
    Which one did you try? You'll have to conplete the whole process which is called sideloading and get the app called Snap on your device. You cannot just download the app from Google Play directly without the app, because BlackBerry 10 does not run full Android, only partially

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:09 AM
    I have the Square app from the Snap store running fine on my Z10.

The problem I find with Square though is it frequently fails to detect the card reader to the point it's not reliable as a mobile payment system.

Here is the tutorial for installing Span onto your phone: How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10.2.1 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com
    10-02-14 01:26 PM
    Ok sorry I must be missing something, have created a google play account on my phone and trying to install google chrome but keeps saying i have no device ???? Like I said new to this so any help appreciated! How do I sideload google chrome as it appears i may need to do that?
    10-03-14 12:25 PM
    Ok sorry I must be missing something, have created a google play account on my phone and trying to install google chrome but keeps saying i have no device ???? Like I said new to this so any help appreciated! How do I sideload google chrome as it appears i may need to do that?
    If you're following the directions I linked to, you need to install Google Chrome on your desktop PC to use the plugin that lets you "side-load" apps to your phone.

You don't install Chrome on your phone.
    10-03-14 12:44 PM
    You can't download it from their site. You a couple of options:

Sideloading it SNAP which takes under 2 minutes to download and set up. SNAP will let you download apps from the Google Play store straight through your BlackBerry.

Or download the apk through your BlackBerry browser from any site that has it. Be careful though, because anyone can upload the app with malicious code.

My suggestion is to sideload the SNAP app with the chrome extension or with Sachesi which is the easiest way if you have no idea how to set up the chrome extension.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 03:04 PM
    Got it installed no problems! thanks so much for your patience with me
    10-03-14 03:35 PM