Hi everyone,

For the rest of this thread, consider me a phone dummy. I am planning to upgrade from a 9810 (which I love) to the Z10 (which I can't seem to resist). It's going to cost me a significant chunk of change to switch since I've only had the 9810 for less than a year, so before I do I am looking for some input.

I am with Telus and currently have a plan with 1 gig of data. I rarely get the text from Telus saying I am approaching my limit. I am, however, a little concerned that 1 gig may not be enough. I went into a store last week and the guy was great and recommended I stay on the plan I have because it is better than anything they are offering at the moment. Obviously I don't use a huge amount of data, mostly just FB, Twitter, a Youtube video now and again, BBM, text etc.

Also, is there anything else that I should be aware of in switching phones that I might not know about? I come here on occasion, but want to make sure I am prepared for anything

Any info/help appreciated!
    03-28-13 01:47 PM
    I upgraded from a 9800 on Telus, and I kept the plan I had. I think mine's 1GB too. I didn't see any reason for changing the plan because I couldn't figure out how I'd see any savings by switching. FWIW, I LOVE my new phone! I've had it since early February, and it's awesome.
    03-28-13 01:50 PM
    Well it will use more data depending on what you do. I would recommend setting up WiFi whenever avail. I am a fairly frequent user and did not hit 1gb last month.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 01:52 PM
    They've done away with the Fave 10 and I can't let that go! Really looking forward to the new phone. Having said I would never go from a physical keyboard, it is a bit of a leap for me. But the reviews of the keyboard have me sold to at least try it.
    03-28-13 01:53 PM
    I've come from a 9780 and I hated the note 2 and iphone virtual keyboards but the z10 keyboard has won me over wouldn't give up extra screen real estate for the q10 now. One gig should be fine just whenever your downloading updates or apps turn data off and wifi on and you should be good to go.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-28-13 01:58 PM
    They've done away with the Fave 10 and I can't let that go! Really looking forward to the new phone. Having said I would never go from a physical keyboard, it is a bit of a leap for me. But the reviews of the keyboard have me sold to at least try it.
    Depends who you are with I got Fab10 via Loyalty on my new plan.....mainly because the screwed me on my other plan....
    03-28-13 02:01 PM
    i am with telus also with the 1 gig plan. fb and twitter apps need a little work, but other then that i think you will enjoy the z10 experience
    03-28-13 02:02 PM
    I switched from a 9900 and not regretting one moment of it. The typing is so much easier to be honest and just the overall experience is amazing. I'm going to have to change my data plan however because I had only 100MB and there is no way that can cut it now. Last month I had 500MB bonus and didn't go over but this month no bonus and I'm long over my usage limit lol. I'm looking at Fido, Koodoo or Virgin now because those seem to have better offers

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 02:04 PM
    My typing on the Z10 is great and considering how bad my thumbs are, the keyboard is a life saver. I cam from a 9900 and was concerned at first. I used the phone for 3 days and cut the cord and am a Z10 addict. The data will go up, but if you are primarily at places (i.e. work and home) that have wifi, you will not be so impacted. I would be somewhat concerned with 1GB where as with the 9900 it would have never been an issue. The experience is worth it though. IMO.
    03-28-13 02:10 PM
    Like some reviews have stayed the phone is very "Snappy." I don't buy into the "The More cores the Better" philosophy anymore than the "More mega pixel the Better." The dual core in this phone can handle anything you need to do and more. Higher mega pixel cameras are great if you plan on blowing up your photos to the size of a poster board. This phone tends to get written off Imo because they compare it to other quad core phones. This is an apples /oranges argument that is nonsensical. The keyboard is very responsive and I have used all interactions of Iphone as well as W8 and finally coming from the Note 2. Sure other OS's have more apps but they are adding more to the BlackBerry repertoire (more doesn't necessarily mean better) . The setup for my emails was easy and I get my mail quickly my calendar took about 24hrs which I believe is the going time frame. The screen Imo is clear and very legible for my use. Comes down to personal preference and what you need the phone to do. I hope this is not BlackBerry's "Swan Song". For me this phone does all I need it to. Charges quickly, does not drain quickly (LTE is a battery hog btw) and fits nicely in my pocket. I like the Hub as it puts all my email, texts and calls in one place. Like some Android apps that aren't available yet on BlackBerry you can side load many as I have done myself (I love Flipboard for Android). I am very pleased with my return to BlackBerry and my purchase of the Z10. Well that's my 2 cents, now back to work.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 02:30 PM
    I came from a 9900 and my data probably doubled in the first month or so but still under 1GB and I think I use my phone a fair bit. Just avoid streaming over the network and you should be fine. Download apps, songs, videos and stream over WiFi
    03-28-13 02:34 PM
    Thanks everyone! I did pick up the phone past night and all so far I love it. It's going to take some time to get used to but I already love the flick typing. Telus let Le trade in my old Pearl for $50 so that was a bonus!

I'm not a big app person so lack of apps in nota big deal.

The guy at the Telus store did say the phone is selling well with very few returns. He actually said a 4% return rate. There was a girl there doing something with her I phone, she saw my phone and asked if the keyboard was any good. She seemed shocked when the sales guy told her that it blew the I phones keyboard out of the water. She was pretty speechless when he told her that the browser is the best out there. Love seeing Z10 get the love from salespeople!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:53 AM