I can't seem to get rid of duplicate contacts. I have a ton, so please don't suggest to do it manually.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:02 PM
    Think it syncs from accounts you have linked to the BB. In contacts, swipe down and choose settings. There you can customize which contacts show up on your list. Trial and error to see which to "uncheck". Hope this helps.
    03-22-13 10:11 PM
    Link them, it's pretty easy, just hold the contact for a few seconds, then there's a multiple selection thing, then the chain icon thing, it will delete double contacts and combine multiple contact info at the same time

Posted via CB10
    blkitr likes this.
    03-22-13 10:12 PM
    Do you have gmail set up?? might have gmail contacts set up as part of your gmail account, if so just delete it. At least that's why I had duplicate contacts showing up on my address book.
    03-25-13 11:31 AM
    I'm not sure if this was a good, bad, correct or incorrect thing to do but I just went into the options in contacts and removed all contacts from sim card.

I am not seeing duplicates now, wait lemme check that again . . . . ok no duplicates. I also turned off the Facebook and third party option thing that you can toggle on or off.

Duplicates bother the life outta me- especially when composing a text or email and you see the same contact with the same number or email 2-3 times in a row.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-25-13 11:46 AM
    The BlackBerry Support blog wrote up a pretty useful article with a few tips on cleaning up contacts here: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/...iday-contacts/

Posted via CB10
    wrusprod, Protocol 2001 and wobly like this.
    03-25-13 12:33 PM
    I'm guessing you had contacts on your sim card and then when you did the sync it also pulled contacts from other places like Gmail. Normally it would link them but the names have to be exactly the same or it won't link the contacts.
    I had to go link some of them manually because of misspelled names and what not. But now that it's done, I love how my contacts information are all compiled in one places.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:39 PM
    I'm having problems with this too, I synced mine through bluetooth from my 9810, I have disable contacts from Facebook and email accounts because I only wanna keep the ones from my phone but when the phone restarted I had duplicates, I tried everything I linked them with their doubles, I deleted them all and re sync them but still, I'm using a provisional holster until the one I ordered arrives and it caused to press the off button, I just noticed that so I turned the phone back on, and when it powered up the duplicates where there, I love this phone but this duplicates thing is annoying, anyone found a solution or maybe a way to contact BlackBerry to report this issue so they can work on it??? I'm using my phone on AT&T in the states, and besides this problem the phone is awsome
    03-28-13 06:04 AM
    The BlackBerry Support blog wrote up a pretty useful article with a few tips on cleaning up contacts here: Five Tip Friday

Posted via CB10
    Yes, good info. I did the linking of contacts. But if you reset your phone, it puts it all right back..(separate contacts again )
    03-31-13 05:22 PM
    Yes, good info. I did the linking of contacts. But if you reset your phone, it puts it all right back..(separate contacts again )
    Has to be in the settings then. I have hundreds of contacts using FB, LinkedIn, etc. many of them with multiple links. Haven't restarted my phone in a while but just did and all links are still intact.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 05:32 PM
    maybe easy if you only have 3 contacts, but I have +/- 1200, and some of them have replicated dozens of times.
    Michael Wells3 likes this.
    04-02-13 11:13 AM
    I had actually many contacts appearing 3 times in my list, as a result of a sync between my google account, yahoo account, and facebook account. I first took all day physically deleting the repeat entries, only to see them reappear after another sync. My solution was simply to have the Hub display my yahoo contacts only. Since the contacts were already sync'd, showing my yahoo contacts only via the hub gives me every contact, 1 time only.

Also, I'd never previously used the "favorites" option in contacts. I started using favorites (you simply click the star to add a contact to favorites in the HUB), and this reduced my most-often-used-contacts list of names displayed from 1600 (in my list total) to about 50 (in my favorites).
    06-29-13 08:00 AM
    I started with 700 contacts from my 9860. I now have over 1500 doubles,triples and quadruples. I have tried linking, contactX and manually deleting hundreds of contacts. They just come back!!

I would never recommend a blackberry to a friend because of this. Its embarrassing!

Not only that, but some contacts names that are stored refuse to display when they call or text. It just shows their number. BB10 is garbage right now, and blackberry lies it's way through problems

Posted via CB10
    poiznberry likes this.
    06-29-13 08:10 AM
    It's only useful, if you have the time to go to each contact and delete it.
    02-06-14 01:06 AM
    Bang on.Thank you. This happened from Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade. Duplicate is a joke. They turned into triplicate and quadruplicate.
    09-11-15 03:27 PM
    I solved my duplicate contact removed SIM card before do OS update and after OS updated, insert back SIM card. That will not happening again of duplicate and automatically deleted contact issues. I have not synch e. mail with contact.

Z10/STL100-2 ***OS 2639***
    09-13-15 08:54 AM
    If anyone has duplicates and it's not because of syncing multiple sources of contacts or it's not because of the SIM card, then I suggest you export your contact to excel and then use remove duplicate feature. After that delete all you contact from the syncing source and import the clean list from Excel.
    09-13-15 02:35 PM