Isn't that just because in 16:9 the view is cropped?
    Exactly, this is the point.
    4:3 = 2448 x 3264 px = 7.990.272 px = 8Mpx
    16:9 = 1836 x 3264 px = 5.992.704 px = 6Mpx

Is the pixel density any less for pictures taken in 16:9 mode?
    No difference in pixel density, or color depth Exactly the same picture, just cropped.
    07-26-13 05:03 AM
    So.. thread title.
    No one cares? The mod who changed it insulted (probably was unintended) the OP.
    Amazing isn't it.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 05:31 AM
    Amazing isn't it.

Posted via CB10
    Not really. The phone has been shown to take good pictures. The limitations of phones to take great pictures has been discussed.
    Much help in taking better pictures has been generated.
    No need beating the dead horse.

Posted via CB10 on my ZedTen!
    07-26-13 06:30 AM
    So.. thread title.
    No one cares? The mod who changed it insulted (probably was unintended) the OP.
    Why is it the title such an issue? It's less confrontational, so we can discuss the camera and how to use it well instead of all the "It sux", Nuh-uh, Uh-huh, etc...
    07-26-13 01:01 PM
    If any one thinks the z10 camera is better than a s4 Htc one or a lumia 925 or iphone 5 camera there living in a land powerd by fairy dust it's terrible which is a shame as its a great phone otherwise.
    Like the kids say these days: "pics or it didn't happen". How is it that there are so many expert photo critics here with extensive hands-on knowledge of all of these other great smartphone cameras yet nobody can take a pic with one of them AND a Z10 under the same conditions so we can actually compare. Just because someone SAW some random pics on another smartphone and then at another time looked at random Z10 photos means ZILCH.
    07-26-13 01:05 PM
    Like the kids say these days: "pics or it didn't happen". How is it that there are so many expert photo critics here with extensive hands-on knowledge of all of these other great smartphone cameras yet nobody can take a pic with one of them AND a Z10 under the same conditions so we can actually compare. Just because someone SAW some random pics on another smartphone and then at another time looked at random Z10 photos means ZILCH.
    I'll do it with my N8 and Z10, just as soon as I get back my Z10 from being "fixed" for it's problems...
    07-26-13 01:11 PM
    I'll do it with my N8 and Z10, just as soon as I get back my Z10 from being "fixed" for it's problems...
    LOL. I can picture a stream of 'bias' and 'deliberate falsification' and 'non-scientific method', or 'perhaps your hand shook too much taking this one' with anything of this sort of comparison.
    07-26-13 02:48 PM
    LOL. I can picture a stream of 'bias' and 'deliberate falsification' and 'non-scientific method', or 'perhaps your hand shook too much taking this one' with anything of this sort of comparison.
    Perhaps, but it’s better than anecdotal stories about photos.
    07-26-13 04:05 PM
    I think the z10 examples posted on this thread are just great. If it doesn't work for you get a high-end point n shoot or a dslr.

If you think the pictures posted here are garbage.. then you need to have your eyes checked

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-27-13 12:11 PM
    Well, just another picture because of reasons.

Need help getting better pictures from my Z10-img_00000860_hdr.jpg
    07-27-13 12:21 PM
    I think that the problem with Z10's camera is not the hardware, but the software.
    Sometimes I need to try different camera modes in order to obtain acceptable photos.

HDR is not a perfect solution, because sometimes it makes the photos look grainy and "fake".

Night takes are almost impossible with the Z10. Sometimes, when taking a picture in low light conditions, the flash iluminates the scene for about 1 second, but then the photo itself is taken when the flash goes off, and the final product is completely dark. This is definitely a software issue.

When is sunny, is easier to obtain good shots, and yet, the "Auto" mode is very dumb adjusting light conditions, so the take results in an over-lighten or over-shadowed photo. I think that is software issue as well.

Sadly, I have never used an iPhone or Galaxy or any other non-BB smartphone camera, so my only point of reference is the BB Torch 9800 I had 2 years ago, and I must say, that was the best smartphone camera I have seen in my life.
    I came here because I am having the night time issues that you are having where the flash turns off right before the picture is taken and then you get a dark picture. I recently checked my girlfriend's Z10 which we got 3 days apart and hers does not have this issue. All the settings are the same as mine and you can notice that there is a second flash right after the 1 second light up, her pictures are great in low light conditions. I have not been able to duplicate the good low light pictures. I just updated to the newest leaked OS and nothing. I am beginning to think it is a hardware issue now. I've been through 4 leaks and my camera still takes crappy nighttime pics. Have you been able to fix this? I will keep searching and as a last resort I will go to verizon and exchange the phone. We both have the Z10-STL100-4
    07-31-13 01:43 AM
    I came here because I am having the night time issues that you are having where the flash turns off right before the picture is taken and then you get a dark picture. I recently checked my girlfriend's Z10 which we got 3 days apart and hers does not have this issue. All the settings are the same as mine and you can notice that there is a second flash right after the 1 second light up, her pictures are great in low light conditions. I have not been able to duplicate the good low light pictures. I just updated to the newest leaked OS and nothing. I am beginning to think it is a hardware issue now. I've been through 4 leaks and my camera still takes crappy nighttime pics. Have you been able to fix this? I will keep searching and as a last resort I will go to verizon and exchange the phone. We both have the Z10-STL100-4
    Recently I upgraded to the last 10.2 leaked OS. So I decided to test some low light photos, and they seems to be good.
    I took some indoor photos with absolutely no light, just to see how flash performs, and the result is not perfect, but is way better than before.
    I will try some outdoor photos to test how the flash deals with it.
    08-08-13 07:55 PM
    How did you create the bokeh effect on the photo?
    10-19-14 04:19 PM
163 ... 567