02-12-14 07:46 PM
35 12
tools
    make sure that theres no firewalls preventing the install..
    I completely disabled all firewalls.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:05 PM
    If your PC is crashing while downloading, that's not a BlackBerry issue. What browser are you using, and what virus protection?
    02-12-14 05:19 PM
    If your PC is crashing while downloading, that's not a BlackBerry issue. What browser are you using, and what virus protection?
    It crashes when installing. It's not a pc issue. My wife's iPhone connects perfectly to it and the pc immediately recognizes her phone. The BlackBerry just sits there. Dead. Nothing.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:35 PM
    It crashes when installing. It's not a pc issue. My wife's iPhone connects perfectly to it and the pc immediately recognizes her phone. The BlackBerry just sits there. Dead. Nothing.

Posted via CB10
    It's a PC issue, what antivirus software are you using?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:37 PM
    It's a PC issue, what antivirus software are you using?

Posted via CB10
    I use Kaspersky anti-virus software, which I've disabled when trying to download Link. It's definitely not a pc issue because my wife iPhone works perfectly when connected and so does my old android.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 06:13 PM
    I use Kaspersky anti-virus software, which I've disabled when trying to download Link. It's definitely not a pc issue because my wife iPhone works perfectly when connected and so does my old android.

Posted via CB10
    Neither of those phones have the security a BlackBerry has. I'll ask again. What browser did you use to download Link?
    02-12-14 06:34 PM
    I'm now completely uninstalling Kaspersky software. It says I'm going to hell. Will see if this does the trick.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 06:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Did you try installing just the device manager part that "thurask" provided above?

If the Link software is crashing, then it's not the phone, but the software. It's a security measure that you must have the software on the PC to access the on-board memory on the phone. That way, not just anyone can grab your phone, plug it into a PC and see what you have on it - like someone can do with your wife's phone.

Link crashing upon install on Windows 8 has been reported here before and in the BlackBerry beta zone ever since it's initial release. It's a known issue and apparently hasn't been fixed. It also doesn't happen to everyone so it's hard to pin down the real cause.

BTW, while I haven't had problems installing on either Win XP (32 bit) or Win 7 (64bit), I agree it's not the best software and it does kind of suck.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 06:35 PM
    Un-installed Kaspersky anti-virus software and link downloaded fine. Now I'm afraid to reinstall Kaspersky. Link works nicely though.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:17 PM
    Eeek wish I'd seen this earlier before you had gone to the trouble of uninstalling Kaspersky.

I am glad to hear it is now working but we need to get Kaspersky back on, give it a go and see what happens. There shouldn't be any issue now it is installed however I do wonder if Kaspersky does not recognise BlackBerry Link as a trusted application.

If you have found the support offered in this thread confusing or frustrating it is because you were not clear when the crash was occurring (upon download of link, upon installation of link, when running link or when connecting your Z10). Completely disabling Kaspersky protection during installation should have been adequate to get it working, I am not sure why this would not have worked but it has been a few years since I was a Kaspersky user.

The information you supplied about your wife's iPhone was irrelevant because that works with iTunes installed (or an alternative), Link is BlackBerry's answer to iTunes but obviously does not have any sort of store.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-12-14 07:46 PM
35 12