Hey I've been reading around the forum and I am not trying to disapprove that the new update does not improve the battery for the other devices.

But for my Telus unlocked Phone working on Wind the battery Sucks for me.

Yes, I have the new update installed through blackberry Link

Yes, my screen brightness is set on low about less than half

Yes, I took off push email- Set it to every 30 mins - I only use gmail Anyways

Yes I don't keep apps running in the background a whole lot right now just to check my battery.

For this post for example my phone finished charging at 5pm and Its now 7pm and my battery is at 69%.

I watched 20 mins of Netflix

- Replied to a few BBM messages

- And I received 1 email from gmail during that time.

Everyone's raving how they have such amazing battery getting 12+hours and some even 16+ doing everything and using the heck out of their phone.

I'm barley using mine and Zena keeps drinking the heck out of the battery (Yes, I named my phone Zena)

Please any solutions is much appreciated.

Thanks
    magsasaka likes this.
    03-13-13 06:08 PM
    i would sell the telus zed, and buy a WIND official one.

with the actual proper AWS bands there will be less strain on the device trying to hold the signal.

and for the record, I am lucky if I get 8 hours on the device, and that 20 minutes of netflix will contribute to a bit of your loss, about 10%
    03-13-13 06:21 PM
    Since you are running Netflix, I suspect that means you have other side loaded apps as well. I would start there.
    I have found that I sometimes launch a side loaded app and due to a bug or otherwise, it continue to run after closing. You can feel the battery get warm. Only way to resolve is to do a reset (10s push of the power button).

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:26 PM
    Are you using LTE or 4G / 3G data connection? Since Netflix is a side-loaded Google Android application you are likely staring at the problem.
    03-13-13 06:41 PM
    Netflix is the only side loaded app. and @Fubaz, the Telus phones support all Winds bands. AWS 1700 and 2100, just look at their spec sheet on their site. where It says AWS (band IV) that is the 1700 frequency and it also lists AWS 2100. and @d3rd I just put netflix on today, been having this problem since I bought the phone.
    03-13-13 06:43 PM
    Are you using LTE or 4G / 3G data connection? Since Netflix is a side-loaded Google Android application you are likely staring at the problem.
    Wind only runs on 3G and what they call 3G+ or HSPA+
    03-13-13 06:45 PM
    Tip #1: Buy Battery Guru and do some self diagnosis.
    Tip #2: Games are a complete battery hog, same goes with Netflix.
    Tip #3: Switch off NFC and LTE (use 4G)... and even Bluetooth and wifi when not in use/range.
    Tip #4: Check your mail settings... push mail uses less battery, so avoid POP and/or aggressive pickup schedules.

I hope something here helps.
    03-13-13 07:47 PM
    If you are a whatsapp user, you will realise that it zaps the battery very fast.

Before I installed whatsapp and started using it, a full battery can last half a day. It's only 2 hours chatting on whatsapp and my battery is right down low.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:54 PM
    How long do you have your Zed10? normally after a week or so the battery should stabilize or a few cycles of charging. I think other than this...Turning the 4G off (as wind only 3G /HSPA) should help as others mention).
    03-13-13 08:00 PM
    The battery takes a few charges to sort itself out, that is, you need to let it get down to below 10% then charge to about 95% without taking it off the charger a few times before it will hold its charge for a decent amount of time. If you've already done this then I'm not sure exactly what it is. I know turning off NFC helps a little. Have you checked the battery saving tips on Crackberry?

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-13-13 08:25 PM
    Wind only runs on 3G and what they call 3G+ or HSPA+
    Having too many android ports may tend to suck up your battery.

I had to perform at least 15 odd wipes (yes 15) before I could get the updates to flow in and work its magic. Even then, my battery just manages to last for about 12 hours with wifi on off, blue tooth being used just during calls and then turned off, LTR off.

Check your network connectivity, I found that my phone did worse than before... opened up a thread to see if others had the same experience, but no responses so far there.

Try using another battery, if all fails, replace your device... cos that's what everyone else does. lol.

Posted via CB10
    f150black0 likes this.
    03-13-13 08:37 PM
    How long do you have your Zed10? normally after a week or so the battery should stabilize or a few cycles of charging. I think other than this...Turning the 4G off (as wind only 3G /HSPA) should help as others mention).
    I bought it last Friday. I've officially started using it regularly since monday
    03-13-13 10:34 PM
    You guys have been awesome with your replies. Thank you. I think I need to still let the battery do a few cycles. I'll let you guys know in the next few days.
    03-13-13 10:36 PM
    That's what good communities do, we help each other )

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-13-13 10:46 PM
    Another issue could be the the network itself Wind is still relatively new so their signal is not the best if you are at the edge of their coverage zone and not getting full bars the radio will work harder draining your battery faster.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 11:22 PM
    I bought it last Friday. I've officially started using it regularly since monday
    Then i'd say give it a couple more days...if it doesn't improve, try getting a replacement battery from your carrier (everyone who has had this issue has gotten it resolved after a short while, maybe a week, of usage after all files archived and all those little things).
    03-13-13 11:26 PM
    I was having this same problem - the update didn't install properly. Sooo...
    I removed the sim card, plugged in my phone, and the update reappeared. I updated over wifi, and I've been golden ever since!
    Hope this helps!

#BB10Believe
    03-13-13 11:30 PM
    I was having this same problem - the update didn't install properly. Sooo...
    I removed the sim card, plugged in my phone, and the update reappeared. I updated over wifi, and I've been golden ever since!
    Hope this helps!

#BB10Believe
    Thanks G-bone tried it but it didnt really work for me, plus I installed the latest update through a reboot using blackberry Link
    03-14-13 08:19 AM
    Hey guys,

Now after it now being a week I'm still experiencing the same battery issues. I bought Battery Guru. and noticed when I'm using my phone like the crackberry app, and sending email it will use up to -0.07 all the way to - 2.00 when browsing and such. I still put my screen brightness to less than half and set email to every 30min. Today my phone came off charge at 95% at 9:30 it is now 3:30 with very little use just checking email, listened to 1 voicemail, and I also talked on the phone for 3 mins, and it at 74%. This I would call very minimal use.

Is my Blackberry Defective? Do I need a new blackberry? How can I improve this? Does a system reset do anything for the battery? Only apps I have in the back ground is battery guru and Crackberry. Thanks for your solutions guys!
    philip_daly likes this.
    03-20-13 02:29 PM
    Hey guys,

Now after it now being a week I'm still experiencing the same battery issues. I bought Battery Guru. and noticed when I'm using my phone like the crackberry app, and sending email it will use up to -0.07 all the way to - 2.00 when browsing and such. I still put my screen brightness to less than half and set email to every 30min. Today my phone came off charge at 95% at 9:30 it is now 3:30 with very little use just checking email, listened to 1 voicemail, and I also talked on the phone for 3 mins, and it at 74%. This I would call very minimal use.

Is my Blackberry Defective? Do I need a new blackberry? How can I improve this? Does a system reset do anything for the battery? Only apps I have in the back ground is battery guru and Crackberry. Thanks for your solutions guys!
    I had .26 OS the day I bought mine. Battery life was awesome, around 16 hours easily. Then I updated to .85 only to find out my battery draining in 8 hrs of moderate usage. Around 10 days after that, my battery is back to being phenomenal from being awesome originally. I can list what I think I did different:

1. Proper charging: charged only on complete draining and didn't use the phone while it was plugged in. Let it charge from 5% to 100% without using it during that period. It's a li - ion battery. Needs to be treated in a certain way (from what I googled about them). Always do that, even now.

2. Never had an app in the Active frame other than the one I was using. Empirically speaking, some apps drain as much as a 1% every 5 minutes even while sitting in the active frame minimized. Maintained this for every charging use cycle.

3. Not sure if this helped, but I turned off the Traffic Data Collection option under settings for Location Services. Noticed that whenever I had that map pin next to my battery symbol, phone lasted a little less than usual.

4. Not that I ever had to or ever got stuck at anything on this phone, but just out of curiosity, I pulled out the battery. I "feel" that helped too.

I use the CB app entire day, plus my on screen time is easily 6 hours or more - mostly with browsing and YouTube video stteaming, and with the same usage, I managed to juice out 20 hours on my Z today.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ankit RS; 03-20-13 at 03:39 PM.
    03-20-13 03:16 PM
    Because the phone is unlocked, and is on a different network than designated for the original IMEI and PIN numbers, most likely you will not receive the proper update for the particular phone. The carriers get their particular updates with update installation for activation for their phone group. From what I understand, Blackberry phones must be on a particular carrier account type to work properly.

I would suggest to get a phone from the carrier that you plan to use it with.
    03-20-13 04:23 PM
    I find that poor or no cellular network connection use up a lot of battery. I my case, just turning off the cellular network connection when I get no signal in my basement office, the battery last a long, long time.
    03-20-13 05:16 PM
    Even though you are with Wind and on a 3G network only you still need to turn off the 4G/LTE option if you want longer battery life. For me this was the single biggest killer. I was shocked yesterday when I started the morning with a full charge and still had 80% at bed time. Granted I did not do too much with it apart from email checks, crackberry app and a little browsing.
    03-20-13 06:14 PM
    25% drain over 6 hours means that it would run at least 24 hours with minimal usage. I personally would think that was ok. I get roughly 12 hours out of moderate (heavy?) usage every day. But that's with 30-45 minutes talk time, lots of inbound emails, a handful of outbound emails and texting, checking CB10 a bunch (almost always running along with battery guru), and perhaps 30 minutes of my kids playing games.

I realize I can't compare the Z10 to any older BBOS phone, which all had better battery life. I am happy if all I have to worry about is charging it once a day... overnight preferred.

General question: Does anyone expect a modern full screen touch phone to last a full 2 days with light to moderate usage ?
    03-22-13 08:53 PM