Newbie back again and I need instructions on using bluetooth to transfer files. I have my new Z10 up and running and love it. I have also had a BB Playbook for some time. My understanding is Bluetooth is used for transferring files. I downloaded a few small pics and videos to the Z10 and wanted to transfer them to the PB so I could view on the larger screen. I enabled bluetooth on both and turned on detect. They each recognized each other and I entered the accept code. They each saw the other. When I tried a transfer, I got some messages that this was not possible. I forget the exact phrase.
    What good is having bluetooth if I can't transfer files with it? Am I misunderstanding something? What is it used for and how can I transfer data between devices with it?
    06-16-14 11:46 PM
    Newbie back again and I need instructions on using bluetooth to transfer files. I have my new Z10 up and running and love it. I have also had a BB Playbook for some time. My understanding is Bluetooth is used for transferring files. I downloaded a few small pics and videos to the Z10 and wanted to transfer them to the PB so I could view on the larger screen. I enabled bluetooth on both and turned on detect. They each recognized each other and I entered the accept code. They each saw the other. When I tried a transfer, I got some messages that this was not possible. I forget the exact phrase.
    What good is having bluetooth if I can't transfer files with it? Am I misunderstanding something? What is it used for and how can I transfer data between devices with it?
    you're going to need bridge installed on the Z10
    06-17-14 12:34 AM
    If I recall the Playbook did not have those Bluetooth protocols installed. It did not support normal bt file transfers. As suggested, you MAY be able to do it using the Filemanager but I'm not sure at this time of night!!
    06-17-14 12:51 AM
    Bluetooth is great for playing music in your car or through headset or for keyboards and mouses, but not so much for file transfer.
    What I do is, have my playbook added to computer with the "map network drive" tool. eg. folder driver letter P: and target folder \\192.168.0.11\media .The 192.168.0.11 is the local address of my playbook, you can look yours up in the playbook's network info or on your router.
    Then once BB Link is installed on the same computer you can now transfer files back and forth using wifi because P: will show up as a drive when you select your BBlinked computer in file manager on the z10.
    06-18-14 07:49 AM