Hello Everyone,
    My company may be issuing Z10s to our sales staff soon. Other then email, the next major app is going to be navigation. This is really important to our sales team. We currently pay for VZ Navigator. It doesn't look like VZ Navigator is available on the Z10. So, I have to have a great solution to replace it.

So, my question is, what is your recommendation for the most reliable, feature rich navigation map?

Note:
    We are in the U.S. on Verizon.
    I don't mind paying for a quality app for our team.
    I am not so much interested in areal photos or "where is the nearest starbuck" but rather reliable, accurate, up to date, turn by turn directions.

Thanks,
    Jack
    03-29-13 05:07 PM
    Mireo: Don't Panic seems like a pretty good app which can access maps offline too (Have to download them first though). There's also a 7 day free trial! Haven't had a chance to test it myself but I hear it's very good. Here's a video that show's off it's functions:
    03-29-13 05:16 PM
    Jack, I'm Sales Manager for a transportation company. Traveling to new clients is routine. I use Wisepilot.
    03-29-13 06:57 PM
    Thanks! I'll check it out
    03-31-13 06:26 PM
    The native app that comes in the Os is pretty good. It's accurate with street info and directions but is pretty behind on searching for places.

In the past 2 days I have searched for 3 places that were not in the maps. One place was a hospital that's been in its location over a year and the other was a business that's about 2 months in its location and the last was a fairly new place. I expect the last place to be missing but a hospital that's been in its location more than a year its unacceptable

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:33 PM
    Wise pilot is pretty good if you can accept it being an android port. It is a paid navigation.

There is also waze which is free to use. But it is not very a very stable make of Android port. Freeze at time.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:33 PM
    Magellan compass works awesome on z10

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-31-13 06:47 PM
    I used BB Maps a few times in the last couple of days and it served me just fine. The turn by turn was great and it rerouted me when I needed it to. It's not feature rich though, in that it doesn't include options for walking or transit directions. It also appears that the POI's aren't up to date enough. I've also used a sideloaded version of Google Maps which has also worked just fine for me. I tried Wisepilot (available from BB World but it is an Android port) but I had it lock up on me a couple of times.
    03-31-13 07:14 PM
    For navigation the app that comes with the phone is pretty good, doesn't work with public transportation but for car is pretty accurate and never had signal loss..m I also side loaded Google maps and It works well too, although I prefer BlackBerry maps for navigation.

Another option you have is waze, a cool gps with navigation and traffic info, u get updates from other waze users, try them and keep the one that suits your needs best

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:27 PM