I got my sim free Z10 today, I am coming from am iPhone 5. Has anybody had any experience putting their nano sim straight in and getting it to work? There was an article by Techno Buffalo saying it was possible it lined up correctly, but i'm not having much luck, doesn't seem to pick up the sim.

Perhaps I am better off ordering a micro sim from my carrier?
    05-12-13 10:14 AM
    I've done it. Just a matter of alignment, like you said. But if you can't get it right, a micro SIM would be your best choice.
    HollowmanVIII likes this.
    05-12-13 10:16 AM
    Maybe with an adapter? Try not to insert wrongly sized sim cards into your sim card slot, as the removal process might break some pins. Ask Kevin!! He had this happen to an earlier blackberry.
    05-12-13 10:20 AM
    I've done it. Just a matter of alignment, like you said. But if you can't get it right, a micro SIM would be your best choice.
    Thanks, did you align it the same way as the article suggested?
    05-12-13 10:24 AM
    I recommend you to buy a real micro SIM. I tried the adapter and almost damaged my z10. Just spent the few euros/dollar for a new SIM card!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 10:25 AM
    Ok I've managed to put my nano sim in and line it up correctly so it's working without any adapter. I just hope it doesn't move about now and lose sim connection.
    05-12-13 10:49 AM
    Actually, you should take into account what octacon said. I used to stick micro sims on my 9900 and I've fit a nano sim on the Z without a single problem.

But if I ever wanted to put a nano sim on the 9900 I know I'd have to use something else other than my fingers to get it out and probably damage the tray, pins, etc.
    05-12-13 11:12 AM
    Actually, you should take into account what octacon said. I used to stick micro sims on my 9900 and I've fit a nano sim on the Z without a single problem.

But if I ever wanted to put a nano sim on the 9900 I know I'd have to use something else other than my fingers to get it out and probably damage the tray, pins, etc.
    Thanks buddy. Has your Z10 been ok so far with the nano sim only?

I definitely avoid adapters of any sort, I had one get jammed on an old blackberry and almost damage it. I've managed to get the nano sim sat nicely now on my Z10 and it doesn't appear that it will move about. I definitely won't be taking out anytime soon, it took about 10 attempts to have it lined up correctly.
    05-12-13 11:15 AM
    Maybe with an adapter? Try not to insert wrongly sized sim cards into your sim card slot, as the removal process might break some pins. Ask Kevin!! He had this happen to an earlier blackberry.
    Yep i did this with my 9900 a yr or so ago, put a micro sim adaptor into the sim slot and ended up getting stuck in there, had to yank it out and caused the 9900 not to recognise any sims.
    05-12-13 11:19 AM
    Thanks buddy. Has your Z10 been ok so far with the nano sim only?

I definitely avoid adapters of any sort, I had one get jammed on an old blackberry and almost damage it. I've managed to get the nano sim sat nicely now on my Z10 and it doesn't appear that it will move about. I definitely won't be taking out anytime soon, it took about 10 attempts to have it lined up correctly.
    I just had the nano sim in there for about a week until I got a proper sized one. I just pushed it out with my fingernail, no damage.
    05-12-13 11:23 AM
    before my adapter came in the mail, i had no problem whatsoever placing the nano straight into the Z10. just lined it up towards the right a bit...

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 04:34 PM