I can honestly say this is the first time something like this has happened to me in a very long time, and it's an awful feeling!

Came in to the office a little earlier than usual; I was awake anyway and wanted to get some work out of the way before the long weekend. As per my usual routine, I head to our board room, get some coffee started, and sit to browse CB a bit on my Z10 while waiting. Reach down to my holster ... and it's empty!

It took about 5 seconds to dead out sprint to my workstation, jump on blackberry protect and locate it. It's still at home I'm happy it's safe, but I don't know what I'm going to do without it all day. I feel naked!
    shiakap likes this.
    03-28-13 05:29 AM
    LOL I have to say, I don't feel your pain. Haven't gone a day without my top phones for years.

Its weird how we all cherish our devices so much, I wonder what the world would be like if phones never went mobile.
    CDM76 and shai404 like this.
    03-28-13 05:36 AM
    I know the feeling!!!
    03-28-13 05:41 AM
    I didn't do this same exact thing, but I was balancing about five things at work.

Phone with headphones, snacks for my students, sign in sheet for the after school program, put one thing down, grabbed my bag and keys headed to the car. No phone.

I freaked until I called it from my office phone. Buried in my bag.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 05:53 AM
    I can just imagine, that would be a horrible feeling!!!
    03-28-13 06:01 AM
    Time for a 'coffee break' to go retrieve it
    03-28-13 06:02 AM
    I've had the same feeling when I go out in the car, but forget my Blackberry. When I realize it's not with me - I feel like I don't have my seat belt on. Very disconcerting.
    03-28-13 06:03 AM
    My last day without a phone was too many years ago to remember. The pain at just thinking of that possibility is more than I can bear. In the office the phone stays in a desk drawer but outside the building the device is always in a pocket. Separation anxiety sets in at the mere thought of being separated for more than a few minutes at a time.
    03-28-13 07:43 AM
    Aw man. That feeling does stink.

On the bright side, isn't Blackberry Protect amazing?
    Blue Shift likes this.
    03-28-13 07:58 AM
    About two weeks ago I left my 9810 in the car at work. I was so busy, I didn't know it was missing until noon.

I normally check it frequently, so I must have been insanely busy. I need a vacation.
    03-28-13 08:02 AM
    About two weeks ago I left my 9810 in the car at work. I was so busy, I didn't know it was missing until noon.

I normally check it frequently, so I must have been insanely busy. I need a vacation.
    I've been known to quickly leave where I am to my car if I realize I left it in there. Lol
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    03-28-13 08:03 AM
    Aw man. That feeling does stink.

On the bright side, isn't Blackberry Protect amazing?
    It protected my sanity, that's for sure!
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-28-13 08:06 AM
    I drove a friend home from the pub the other night and his Z10 fell out of his pocket onto the car seat. I only noticed it there two hours later when I went out to get something from the car. so I left him a message
    I the mean time he'd walked to two miles back to the pub in the snow, found he hadn't left it there and was starting to panic. Eventually he calmed down enough to open his email to ask me about BB Protect when he saw my message to him that I had it.
    When I passed it back to him the next morning the look on his face was more than slightly comical. The looks of relief,mixed with remorse was very amusing.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-28-13 08:12 AM
    Leaving home without your device is like leaving home without your keys or wallet, no?
    ErinnM and MC_A_DOT like this.
    03-28-13 08:18 AM
    I left my 9900 in my locked work truck overnight. It was horrible seeing the notification light blinking and I had to leave it there.

Posted via my epic Z10 and CB10
    ErinnM and Eric Shapiro like this.
    03-28-13 08:24 AM
    I left my 9900 in my locked work truck overnight. It was horrible seeing the notification light blinking and I had to leave it there.

Posted via my epic Z10 and CB10
    This is more horrifying than a campfire horror story.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-28-13 08:29 AM
    LOL I have to say, I don't feel your pain. Haven't gone a day without my top phones for years.

Its weird how we all cherish our devices so much, I wonder what the world would be like if phones never went mobile.
    That's easy.. there would still be thousands of payphone booths on every other block.

OP - glad you didn't lose it. That would truly suck. It's still going to be a weird day not having it with you. Many of us definitely get used to having these with us at all times.
    03-28-13 08:33 AM
    Back in the OLD days I got my 8700 when I reached down to my holster and discovered my 7290 had somehow popped out and was gone. I had no idea where, and this was LONG before protect. However, I was on a BES so it could be wiped. The good news out of it was that they replaced it with an 8700c. Now THAT was a good device. That sucker was a tank!
    03-28-13 08:42 AM
    I think the main thing the op said that no one else has picked up on is

"He logged in to blackberry Protect" and found where his phone was.

Too many people overlook this amazing feature.

Locate phone
    Lock phone
    Wipe phone

Your 3 most important options when you've misplaced your device.

Let this be a lesson to you, SET UP PROTECT before it's too late.

It takes 5 minutes and can literally save you hours and hundreds of dollars.

Posted on a Post It!
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-28-13 08:48 AM
    Leaving home without your device is like leaving home without your keys or wallet, no?
    I'd gladly sit locked outside my front door, with no money, for just five minutes with my phone!

OK, seems I'm an addict again
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-28-13 09:03 AM