Hi!
    Strange problem started to happen after the latest (Rogers) update.
    I have Exchange email account and it made put a password for the phone. In addition, I changed the setting "lock device when holstered" to yes, and now it won't open up sometimes if i take it out from holster. It's still receives emails, but what I see is a black screen - can't unlock it, unless I'll restart the phone.
    Any ideas CB nation?
    03-05-13 04:00 PM
    Don't want to delete my account....(have to work)
    Don't want to change the setting for the password...
    DON'T WANT TO RESTART THE PHONE EACH DAY, TWICE A DAY
    NEED HELP
    03-05-13 04:05 PM
    What happens in those circumstances when you swipe up from bottom bezel or click top button?
    03-05-13 05:00 PM
    I know you said no, but just delete the exchange account. It'll most likely solve the problem.
    It takes 5 minutes to set it up again.

Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10
    BBGary likes this.
    03-05-13 05:23 PM
    I know you said no, but just delete the exchange account. It'll most likely solve the problem.
    It takes 5 minutes to set it up again.

Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10
    Before he makes any fundamental changes, I was wondering if it was some combination of settings for password, holster, and gestures when locked.Curious how OP has all of these set currently.
    03-05-13 05:53 PM
    Thanks for feedback,
    I setup the account, then the password, and after - in security settings "Lock device when holstered"
    I can try and delete the exchange email, but i afraid it's not the problem.
    When the phone won't open up it's just a black window. I'm getting calls, email, but can do any gesture.
    Thanks for your help, please keep trying...
    May be some other guys had the same problem and solved it. May be it's the holster - i'm using OEM BB holster.
    03-05-13 06:00 PM
    BB Gary,

My device password is set as follows:
    Device Password: On
    Lock device after: 5 minutes
    Allow Apps To Exend Password Lock Time: On
    Lock Device when Holstered: On

I've had the device password on since I bought the Z10 four weeks, and experienced no problems. If I get the screen containing only the time and any notifications first, I swipe again (one motion from the Blackberry name at the bottom to the top of the screen), and get the keyboard screen that allows me to enter the password to unlock the device.
    BBGary likes this.
    03-05-13 06:36 PM
    BB Gary,

My device password is set as follows:
    Device Password: On
    Lock device after: 5 minutes
    Allow Apps To Exend Password Lock Time: On
    Lock Device when Holstered: On

I've had the device password on since I bought the Z10 four weeks, and experienced no problems. If I get the screen containing only the time and any notifications first, I swipe again (one motion from the Blackberry name at the bottom to the top of the screen), and get the keyboard screen that allows me to enter the password to unlock the device.
    i have the same settings and still it happens. Not always though
    03-05-13 09:38 PM
    I believe it has nothing to do with email or holster as I am getting a similar problem without using either. Listening to music or just randomly using the Z10 and screen goes blank. When I hold the top button for a second or two, the turn off phone countdown screen shows up but I still cannot use the phone unless I restart. Music continues to play, messages and everything works hut can't use the screen other than the countdown. Found no fix yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 11:41 PM
    I believe it has nothing to do with email or holster as I am getting a similar problem without using either. Listening to music or just randomly using the Z10 and screen goes blank. When I hold the top button for a second or two, the turn off phone countdown screen shows up but I still cannot use the phone unless I restart. Music continues to play, messages and everything works hut can't use the screen other than the countdown. Found no fix yet.

Posted via CB10
    I have experienced the same thing about 2-3 so far since i got my Z10
    03-05-13 11:43 PM
    Did any of you tried to reload the software?
    If yes, did it help?
    I'm researching about downgrading from current OS version to the factory version number. I put the leaked version before official update and may be this caused the problem.
    Anybody's thinking the same as me?
    03-06-13 08:08 AM
    I've had this a couple of times. The solution is to do the five swipe hub restart gesture. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 08:18 AM
    I've had this a couple of times. The solution is to do the five swipe hub restart gesture. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Please explain,
    03-06-13 08:22 AM
    Please explain,
    Swipe your finger from the top right of the phone down 5 times, you have to be in the hub to do this and that should re-start your hub.

There was a post a few weeks back from Kevin showing the 5 swipe method to re-start the hub.
    BBGary likes this.
    03-06-13 08:25 AM
    Did any of you tried to reload the software?
    If yes, did it help?
    I'm researching about downgrading from current OS version to the factory version number. I put the leaked version before official update and may be this caused the problem.
    Anybody's thinking the same as me?
    This is exactly why I didn't go for the leaked version...something goes wrong and you have no recourse but to wipe and do a full reset to factory. Might as well save the trouble and wait for the proper update.
    I get more and more pissed with Bell each time I press the check for updates button.
    03-06-13 08:27 AM
    This is exactly why I didn't go for the leaked version...something goes wrong and you have no recourse but to wipe and do a full reset to factory. Might as well save the trouble and wait for the proper update.
    I get more and more pissed with Bell each time I press the check for updates button.
    Luckily for me, I'm with Rogers
    03-06-13 08:36 AM
    I haven't installed any leaked OS or side loaded any apps and I'm also with Bell so no update to OS yet. I use the 5 swipe gesture to restart my hub but that is not where the problem is.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 09:56 AM
    The OP's issue has been my issue two or three times since I got my Z10 on February 15 but not since the most recent update.
    03-06-13 10:01 AM
    I don't have my Z10, yet (T-Mo USA and counting) but one thing I learned the hard way is that after any serious update sometimes the phone needs to be factory reset so there will be no bugs. Not saying this is the issue, but...
    03-06-13 10:18 AM
    I don't have my Z10, yet (T-Mo USA and counting) but one thing I learned the hard way is that after any serious update sometimes the phone needs to be factory reset so there will be no bugs. Not saying this is the issue, but...
    You might be right, but with BB6 or BB7 i could wipe the phone completely and reload it. Well, this is brand new (1 month and 1 day), but at least to restart the phone - no more battery pull-ups
    03-06-13 11:00 AM
    Swipe your finger from the top right of the phone down 5 times, you have to be in the hub to do this and that should re-start your hub.

There was a post a few weeks back from Kevin showing the 5 swipe method to re-start the hub.
    You do not need to be in the hub. You can do it from a locked device. Hence my suggestion. I've done it and it works.

Posted via CB10
    BBGary likes this.
    03-06-13 11:01 AM
    Just had the opportunity to try it in a real time.
    03-06-13 11:06 AM
    I had this same problem, it happened a couple of times a day. Called Telus and they said it was a hardware issue, they sent me a new phone the next day, no more problem with this.
    03-06-13 11:24 AM
    I had this same problem, it happened a couple of times a day. Called Telus and they said it was a hardware issue, they sent me a new phone the next day, no more problem with this.
    It doesn't happen as often to me do you think i should still get a new one? As of now the rest of the phone works perfectly im worried about getting a lemon phone after

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 11:28 AM
    It doesn't happen as often to me do you think i should still get a new one? As of now the rest of the phone works perfectly im worried about getting a lemon phone after

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's a hardware issue. My work email is abusing my precious, i'm getting hundreds of email per day, just from this account and i have couple of private accounts that are seeing some action too. I think hub could be restarted some time...
    03-06-13 11:37 AM
30 12