Hello, I am having an issue with my Z10 and wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if there is a fix (or if 10.1 will fix my issue) before i send it away for service again...
    I've searched the forums for anyone else having this issue but i found nothing similar to my issue.

Background:
    BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3
    OS 10.0.10.85
    Sideloaded Netflix and Skype
    Bought Feb. 5th in Canada on the Rogers Network
    Been sent away once to BlackBerry for warranty repair for Speaker issue

Issue has been occuring randomly the entire time ive owned my phone (launch OS and without any sideloads), but has gotten worse as of late as I am roaming in the US daily now for work.
    Some days phone is fine, sitting at my desk i have full bars of 3G cell service, other days no matter what i do, try changing the connection type (LTE, 4g, 3g, GSM) it doesnt matter it will not connect on automatic mode... when switching to manual scan, i can see AT&T 3g network but when i try to connect, the AT&T network in the list disappears when i click it and it says please select an available network.
    I do a soft restart of my phone (hold power button, push restart) and when it reboots it now connects to the AT&T network in automatic mode and i have full signal...
    **NOTE: this has happened while i was in canada as well (not roaming)

This is a confusing issue, i think it may be software rather than hardware related because the reboot fixes the issue (temporarily)...

Any ideas? if you need more info, please ask and i will answer to the best of my knowledge

Thank you
    05-02-13 01:08 PM
    Happened this morning, but today i was able to switch it to manual and connect today to Tmobile 3g

My Z10 wont connect to cell network until phone restart-img_00000428.png

I can connect to wifi but the cell network won't connect, it stays on emergency calls, sometimes i just get a big red X... but it works when i go into manual?

Something is not right, just not sure what.... comparing to my bold 9900 and gf Z10, she has no issues like this, mind you she doesn't roam nearly as often as me... but when she does its fine, connects automatically

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:41 AM
    Are you sure it's not a sim card issue?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:46 AM
    I have a similar problem that when I loose signal the only way to get it back is to restart the phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:51 AM
    I recommend loading the leaked 10.1 os. If you still see the issue get your sim card swapped.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:00 AM
    I have similar issue. All my clients and friends are complaining why they can't reach my phone. It displays full-bar signal but it cannot receive call or text. I've tried it using my other phone and yeah, my friends and clients claim is valid. I used to turn on and off the AIRPLANE mode to reset signal. It does the job.

STL100-2
    Globe Telecom Philippines
    Automatic Network Search (Setting)

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:02 AM
    Thanks for the tip cris, that will save me some time for sure!

I'm nervous to load the leaked OS because of some of the random issues and compatibility problems others are reporting... like adobe reader. etc

Maybe I'll wait it out until official OS is out, than if i still have issues ill go get my SIM swapped.

Thank you everyone for the ideas and tips, finally narrowing down this strange issue

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:09 AM
    Thanks for the tip cris, that will save me some time for sure!

I'm nervous to load the leaked OS because of some of the random issues and compatibility problems others are reporting... like adobe reader. etc

Maybe I'll wait it out until official OS is out, than if i still have issues ill go get my SIM swapped.

Thank you everyone for the ideas and tips, finally narrowing down this strange issue

Posted via CB10
    Just remember, Chris has a different issue than yours.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:27 AM
    Just remember, Chris has a different issue than yours.

Posted via CB10
    im aware of this, next time MY issue arises though i will be sure to try his method first, if it works excellent
    05-03-13 09:52 AM
    I've had this issue on 3 occasions....From Ontario to Michigan twice and in Vegas...I've pulled the battery, and sim, reboot...still nothing, some say its a sim card issue....but not sure how that would be as I got a new one same time I got the phone..
    Just doesn't seem to pick up network automatically....
    Thats why I have switched back to 9900 for now....
    05-03-13 09:57 AM
    My Z10 wont connect to cell network until phone restart-img_00000454.png
    My Z10 wont connect to cell network until phone restart-img_00000455.png
    My Z10 wont connect to cell network until phone restart-img_00000456.png

Happened again this morning, got screen shots as i went... and i tried the airplane mode trick, it did not work... i restarted the phone and it connected in automatic np at all

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:25 AM
    are you leaving the phone in manual mode?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:48 AM
    Have you contacted BlackBerry since they can probably use the logs generated from your device to figure out what might be the issue at hand.

Never the less you should try an OTA upgrade to the latest AT&T software 10.0.10.90 I think I've seen.

If you do try the methods outlined in other threads to reload the OS from scratch.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:01 AM
    No i leave it in automatic all the time unless i have issues... but it reconnected in automatic after the restart so i didn't bother to change it to manual...

I have a Canadian phone with rogers wireless, i work here in the states and this issue appears when i roam over here to Michigan, its like the phone won't unlatch from the Rogers network and reconnect to an American carrier

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:07 AM
    My Z 10 does not display the Network Selection Mode. Under Data Services while roaming it displays the scan button and the network I am on.
    How can I get it to display the Network Selection Mode?
    10-01-13 06:23 AM