02-09-14 08:49 AM
60 123
tools
    Cmon guys.. theres no way you can return an item after 10months. The guy would not accept it. Any other way? Anyone here got a friend from BlackBerry? That could help me take a look?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:54 AM
    Cmon guys.. theres no way you can return an item after 10months. The guy would not accept it. Any other way? Anyone here got a friend from BlackBerry? That could help me take a look?

Posted via CB10
    Well, you can try another SIM (and carrier) but if the phone's been reported stolen/lost it's going to catch up with you again.. BBerry is not going to unblock your phone if it's blocked in this way. If you bought the phone from a legitimate source they MUST replace the phone if it's stolen, otherwise they are committing fraud. One poster who had unwittingly bought a stolen phone from a semi-legit (they had an on-line store) sent it back to them for "repairs". They must have realized they sold a stolen phone, so the repair was to send him another phone.

HOWEVER, if this is not a stolen phone, and you can prove it, they will unblock it. But that's real tough.
    12-24-13 09:03 AM
    Hi all! Here's a little update regarding my story. Nothing much have happened..

Still haven't got my phone back. I’ve been using my old Nokia N9 since september 2013 when i left my Z10 for service. Blackberry blames Telia (my provider) and says they have locked it. Telia which I have been in contact with several times says they haven’t locked it, they blame Blackberry. They say Blackberry are dependent on services not available in their network (cause they don’t see the benefit of this investment when there are so few BB users in Sweden). So the story continues or something. Perhaps I'll go and by myself a Jolla phone instead (even if I'd rather have a Z30)
    Last edited by ZedMacahan; 01-23-14 at 03:36 PM.
    01-23-14 03:01 PM
    Hi all! Here's a little update regarding my story. Nothing much have happened..

Still haven't got my phone back. I’ve been using my old Nokia N9 since september 2013 when i left my Z10 for service. Blackberry blames Telia (my provider) and says they have locked it. Telia which I have been in contact with several times says they haven’t locked it, they blame Blackberry. They say Blackberry are dependent on services not available in their network (cause they don’t see the benefit of this investment when there are so few BB users in Sweden). So the story continues or something. Perhaps I'll go and by myself a Jolla phone instead (even if I'd rather have a Z30)
    Few questions: First, how do you like the N9? Was thinking of getting one, once. Second, who sold you the phone? (I may have missed that, sorry if I did). Because they are ultimately responsible. Also, if the phone is unlocked, have you tried a different carrier's SIM? It may work.
    01-23-14 07:54 PM
    Nokia N9 is great, still solid after 3 years of use. The swipe interface introduced in MeeGo OS was one of the main reasons I got the Z10. It’s a great open platform with a dedicated driven community. It’s a shame Nokia dropped this platform. I had a Nokia N900 before that.

I bought my Z10 at a well known hardware/game retailer here in Sweden. I don’t know if they are responsible for the Telia/Blackberry incompatibility. But they should probably have put a big red warning sticker on it. Saying this phone does not work with Telia (the biggest operator in Sweden).

I’ve ordered a Jolla phone today The natural descendent of the Nokia N9. It has the Sailfish OS developed by the MeeGo guys(among others) who left Nokia after they decided to use microsoft instead.

[In-Depth Review] One Week Experience of the Jolla Phone. | Jolla Users Blog
    Hands On With Jolla’s First Phone — The “Spearhead Device” For Its MeeGo-Successor Sailfish OS | TechCrunch
    01-25-14 04:18 AM

I bought my Z10 at a well known hardware/game retailer here in Sweden. I don’t know if they are responsible for the Telia/Blackberry incompatibility. But they should probably have put a big red warning sticker on it. Saying this phone does not work with Telia (the biggest operator in Sweden).

| TechCrunch[/url]
    If your phone is IMEI locked on Telia it is, or will be, on all carriers. So, yes, they are responsible for selling you a lost or stolen phone. It's not a compatibility issue. Thanks for the N9 info.
    Last edited by scrannel; 01-29-14 at 01:13 PM.
    01-25-14 05:28 AM
    Got an email from the service desk today with good news. They are sending me a replacement phone and also a leather case as a little extra for my troubles. Don't know if it compensates my troubles, but at least that's a sign of some good will. So I guess I'll soon have both a Z10 and a new Jolla phone :-)
    01-29-14 01:10 PM
    Got an email from the service desk today with good news. They are sending me a replacement phone and also a leather case as a little extra for my troubles. Don't know if it compensates my troubles, but at least that's a sign of some good will. So I guess I'll soon have both a Z10 and a new Jolla phone :-)
    Good for you -- you called them on it -- and good for them, they did the right thing.
    ZedMacahan likes this.
    01-29-14 01:14 PM
    So now I have my brand new Z10 set up again. Amazing how good it is and after a initial OS update to version 10.2.0.1791 (I’ve probably missed one or two the latest months) it even filled in my APN and MMS settings correctly for my operator Telia (which don’t officially support blackberry). Looks promising.. I have even played around a little with my new Jolla phone but it will be my test or just for fun device for a time to come. BB10 is so much more polished and mature in comparison. Can’t wait for 10.2.1 and maybe perhaps a Z30 if no more IMEI lock occur.

Have a good day! :-)
    02-09-14 08:25 AM
    Welcome back! Better luck this time.
    ZedMacahan likes this.
    02-09-14 08:49 AM
60 123