My phone was stolen in Ecuador. I do not have a carrier - I use it only with wifi. I want to know if there is some way the phone can be permanently shut down because whoever has the phone will be able to access my gmail and Skype accounts - they open directly without having to sign in. Thank you.

Ken
    10-24-15 12:54 PM
    If you enable BlackBerry Protect and had an OS at or above 10.3.2.500 and had a device password you are safe. If you didn't have a device password but had protect enabled you can log in to the Protect website and lock your device and wipe it. These actions won't take effect until the device connects to the network.

If you haven't used these protective features of the OS then about all you can do is change passwords and hope for the best.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    First of all, change your Skype and gmail account passwords. Then go to the police and give them your IMEI number. They (or BBRY) can blacklist the device.
    10-24-15 01:02 PM
    Yes. Change those passwords asap.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-24-15 01:33 PM
    If you enable BlackBerry Protect and had an OS at or above 10.3.2.500 and had a device password you are safe. If you didn't have a device password but had protect enabled you can log in to the Protect website and lock your device and wipe it. These actions won't take effect until the device connects to the network.

If you haven't used these protective features of the OS then about all you can do is change passwords and hope for the best.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-24-15 03:53 PM
    Change every password you can remember ever entering on the device.

Then log in to https://protect.blackberry.com, mark your device as stolen (your phone wil be blocked as soon as it is connected to internet) and possibly change your BBID password, as well.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    10-25-15 02:36 PM
    Login to BlackBerry Protect and start wiping it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-25-15 03:36 PM
    I don't believe you can access your phone with protect if you do not have SIM in it, which apparetnly you do not. I could be wrong. If you have a device password on an OS below 10.3.2, the phone will wipe after someone tries to get into it after ten tries. If your OS is 10.3.2, then it will wipe the phone as well as rendering it inoperative. Either way, your data, like emails, would be safe. However, unless you encrypted your SD card, that could be read.

If you do not have a device password everything is there for the taking.
    10-26-15 10:21 AM
    I have multiple BB10s and they are all activated on BlackBerry Protect, some that have never had SIM cards or ever used on a carrier network; just toggled BlackBerry Protect on via WiFi during setup. I can log in to BlackBerry Protect and manage all of my devices regardless of if there's a SIM card or not in them. Just some info there.

I've also maxed out BlackBerry Protect at one point. There is a device limit per BlackBerry ID. I'd have to check, but believe I have about 6 devices on my BlackBerry Protect account now.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 01:41 PM
    It's terrible when that things happen in travel that leave an unpleasant memory.
    I bet after four years... he's gotten over it.
    01-13-20 09:51 AM
    I agree, but there are events that stick in our memory forever.
    Perhaps the other person kept using the device since BB10 needs every user it can get.

However, the OP never came back.
    01-13-20 04:37 PM
    Perhaps the other person kept using the device since BB10 needs every user it can get.

However, the OP never came back.
    He ditched everything BlackBerry once he lost his Z10
    🤣
    01-13-20 04:41 PM