I just pulled it out my pocket, no response. Pushed power button, red light of death. It stays on for 45secs and disappears.

It's a hardware fault. It's not detected in Windows, Linux, by autoloader or any updates.

Great stuff

O2 say I have to take it to store before they'll send out a new one. Guess where I'm heading now....
    11-20-13 09:32 AM
    This may sound like a ridiculous question but Are you sure the battery didn't die while the device was in your pocket?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-20-13 09:39 AM
    Take battery out leave for five mins then try

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 10:25 AM
    Tried those ones guys. It has gone to hardware heaven.

I did want to get on my high horse though as when I was explaining that I needed a replacement the O2 "guru" said "Yeah, well, it is a Blackberry." I bit my tongue to hold back the venom and then politely said "Well it's been a great phone and lots of others would agree." which he shrugged off.

25mins later and he's still trying to get the O2 people on the phone to replace the handset as he didn't know what he was doing and in walks a lady and asks for her repaired phone. The other guru asks what one it was and she said a S3 and muttered "you should probably know by now as it's the 4th one you've fixed".

How hardware failure is deemed hardware specific by anyone is beyond me, all hardware fails for all manufacturers.
    11-20-13 11:43 AM
    How long have you had your Z10? I'm on my fourth Z10 and so far it has lasted 93 days. My first one lasted 59 days, the second lasted 38 days and the third lasted 53 days. My fourth one was the only one that had a new charger and wasn't a refurbished replacement unit. We covered a lot of this ground in my thread "My third Z10 just bricked!". Since my fourth one has lasted over a month longer than my first I'm praying it has legs. As you can tell I'm a little "brick" shy.
    11-20-13 02:25 PM
    It's sad to hear when ANY equipment stops working, especially when it's something which you rely upon.
    I'm fortunate to still be on my original Z10 STL 100-3, I bought in February and never had any issues with ever.

So is BlackBerry going to replace your phone?

Post via my Z10!
    11-20-13 02:38 PM
    New one just arrived on my desk, although it is a refurb.

The last phone lasted approximately 4 months. I'll mark today down as 21/11/13 (UK) for the next Z10.

Let's see how long it lasts.
    11-21-13 04:28 AM
    If you keep em in your front pants pocket you run the risk of pressing the power button down for extended lengths of time...not good...cycles them constantly till they die...try shirt pocket or belt pouch...?

Trusted Member Genius
    11-21-13 05:15 AM
    If you keep em in your front pants pocket you run the risk of pressing the power button down for extended lengths of time...not good...cycles them constantly till they die...try shirt pocket or belt pouch...?

Trusted Member Genius
    I was thinking the exact same thing while reading. My exes S3 died the same way, while my very first Iphone 3g is still alive (she was annoyed of reboots with every smartphone until she was told to passcode lock them).

Does nowadays smartphone hardware really break so easily? If so, BlackBerry (and others) should only allow a "normal" reboot by doing some actions that can not be done by accidend. Even the swipe on the Iphone can be done in your pocket without knowing.
    Vendors should not be allowed to tell "you do it wrong", if really a lot people do so.
    11-21-13 05:32 AM
    Maybe I should invest in the Z10 wallet then...
    11-21-13 05:47 AM
    Is there a certain model of the z10 that keeps failing?
    11-21-13 08:24 AM
    Use official battery charger that came with the device. Just connect it to power and it will go live
    11-21-13 08:33 AM
    Is there a certain model of the z10 that keeps failing?
    Mine is a STL 100-3 through AT&T
    11-21-13 09:35 AM
    Did you even try another battery??

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:43 AM
    I moved on to galaxy note 3 or the last 2 months. Came back today and this ****ty z10 has not seen any changes

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:07 AM
    I moved on to galaxy note 3 or the last 2 months. Came back today and this ****ty z10 has not seen any changes

Posted via CB10
    What lol?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 11:40 AM
    Smartphones can only malfunction a certain number of ways. So when people come to a forum they probably are going to see the same things. A few million Z10s will generate thousands of malfunctions a week like any other phone . So the odds of someone having battery problems or a bricked phone on any given day are pretty good . CB is huge and people come here for advice or to post info . So it gets repetitive. Why look at older posts for help when it's easier to start a new one.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, it's not a deciduous tree...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:12 PM
    I have no major compliant with the phone, it gets a lot of use and abuse. Battery swap = check. Legitimate power supply = check.

I just got unlucky. Oh well, I'm now using this one and happy as a human eating a pig in a sandwich.

Also, I took the opportunity to upgrade to the latest leak. Happy days.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 02:15 PM

Trusted Member Genius
    My husband kept his S2 in the front pants pocket too and lint got into his mike. The tech at AT&T said that is common to see phone problems with guys having their phones in their pants' pockets. So sorry for ur phone. Mine is the same since Tmobile carried it, March.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-21-13 04:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Jump on the leak bandwagon then.. we're seeing updates every few weeks

Posted by CB11
    11-21-13 10:12 PM
    How long have you had your Z10? I'm on my fourth Z10 and so far it has lasted 93 days. My first one lasted 59 days, the second lasted 38 days and the third lasted 53 days. My fourth one was the only one that had a new charger and wasn't a refurbished replacement unit. We covered a lot of this ground in my thread "My third Z10 just bricked!". Since my fourth one has lasted over a month longer than my first I'm praying it has legs. As you can tell I'm a little "brick" shy.
    Wow, that's a lot of Z10s in that short period of time... Yikes... 😬
    11-21-13 10:16 PM
    These are very complexe equipment and there could be numerous reasons for equipment failure. It could be a bad batch, it could be failure in the quality check, it could be something in the users environment.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:16 PM
    Drag I have had my Z10 since June and no issues at all except for Human Error I have an STL100-2. I find that my Z10 does everything I need and then some! Hardware & software are all good to go. Even when traveling everything has been great. I have mine in a case before it goes in my front pants pocket... Rocking with my Z-10 & 64GB Playbook
    11-21-13 10:28 PM
    Hi everybody,

exactly the same happened to me last week. When I took my Z10 (STL100-2)out of my pocket, it was dead. After several attemps to reset it, I tried to reload the software using BB-link with no luck, then I tried to update the OS via Web browser with no success, finally I tried using an autoloader but that didn�t work either.
    The telephone is still under warranty, so I sent it back last week to O2 here in Germany. I�m still waiting for the final veredict.
    It is a shame. I really like my BB and now I�ve been "forced" to use an Android device, although I must confess...it is not that bad to have so many Apps available. Anyway, I stilll miss my BB.
    01-13-14 07:49 AM
29 12