This is getting brutal!! My 9900 would reboot 5 times a day!! That's why I got rid of it.

This needs to be fixed!! I've had an iPhone 3GS, 4S, and 5. Never once did any of them reboot once!!! Come on blackberry I expect more!!!!
    04-08-13 06:19 PM
    This is getting brutal!! My 9900 would reboot 5 times a day!! That's why I got rid of it.

This needs to be fixed!! I've had an iPhone 3GS, 4S, and 5. Never once did any of them reboot once!!! Come on blackberry I expect more!!!!
    I have had them all reboot... freeze.. and do other weird things like vibrate for 30+ seconds..

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:08 PM
    Random reboots is a well known issue. But it's not a big deal really. It takes all of what? 2-3 minutes for it to restart.. it will be fixed I'm sure. But it's not a deal breaker for me at least.

Posted via CB10
    No, it IS a big deal. For me anyway. Two examples - I'm on the road going to a vendor or customer using the BB as a GPS. It crashes mid trip. Now I have a choice - the safe one is to pull off the interstate and wait for the bloody thing to finish rebooting then restart my trip. Second is to reenter it on the fly. Next example - I have an alarm set and the thing crashes at night. No alarm. Also it's an annoyance. My Androids don't crash. My iPhone never crashed. My Bold 9930 never crashed. My Storm 2 - well, OK, sometimes it crashed (OS4 was good for that). But the Storm told you it was going to crash by getting slow - then you do a battery pull and hey, no problem. But for a stock phone to crash just sitting idle is kind of unacceptable. To me anyway and I bet to a lot of people who want their phone to just work. Yeah, it's not a problem to most of the people here since they are enthusiasts and are willing to look the other way for faults they would not tolerate on another platform. And believe it or not, I've been a crackberry addict for a long time. And if I didn't need a working phone so badly I'd put up with it too, since I am very sure BB will fix whatever OS fault is causing this and they will do it soon,. But right now, no. I can't do that. I will watch this forum for evidence of a fix.
    04-09-13 05:35 AM
    I wonder how many folks have to post here with this issue before CB or any other BB support website puts it on the front page and asks BB WTF???

Tim
    I think they should. Maybe we'd a get a response. I know BB is aware of this by the incident report someone posted in this thread. But BB is also very closed mouth when something is wrong. I think we ought to at least get acknowledgment from them and an idea whats up. We certainly waited long enough for the device and jumped on it the second it was available.
    04-09-13 05:40 AM
    Random reboots is a well known issue. But it's not a big deal really.
    (cough)
    trsbbs and cuccut like this.
    04-09-13 06:09 AM
    I don't use my phone for a gps.. they actually have companies who specialize in that. I'd much rather use that. Only time I would use my phone for a gps is of I'm walking around and need to find something close. Most cars have navigation built in too. So not really limited to using my phone to tell me where to go. Because I mean lord forbid I get a call on my phone that I can't take because I need my phone to tell me how to get somewhere. Just saying now I can see if it reboots while using it but it's never happened to me and sure it would be frustrating.. but it's a bug it will be fixed in time patience is everything and it's not like there isn't other alternatives until it does that's why it's not a big deal to me. Because I keep a camera and a gps I have never relied on one piece of tech to do everything I need. Because some things are better then others

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:39 AM
    had same issues...but resolved....see my thread below

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...solved-793238/
    04-09-13 12:48 PM
    It's a big issue to me. I'm project managing and I need consistent access to emails and calls as they come in, and not have to worry about whether my phone will work or crash. Fingers crossed the exchange fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    MikeLip likes this.
    04-09-13 01:05 PM
    It's a big issue to me. I'm project managing and I need consistent access to emails and calls as they come in, and not have to worry about whether my phone will work or crash. Fingers crossed the exchange fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    Check the resolved thread.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:06 PM
    First release isn't for everyone.. sometimes you have to wait until the kinks are worked out. Regardless of the bs everyone else says. It is a 1st release. And nothing is ever perfect on the first release. Things take time to evolve specially in tech. Maybe you should have waited before purchasing a first gen device if you need it for your job or you're to ocd to handle a few bumps in the road..

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:20 PM
    Do you know if this will include version 10.0.10.85? That�s the one I�m using and having reboots

that is the one I have and mine doesn't reboot in Canada from telus never did reboot itself
    04-09-13 03:35 PM
    Serious issue, two coworkers, my wife and I have total 4 Z10 STL 02 with update OS 10.0.10.90. Mine luckily not random restart, but 3 others now are on restart its self. Why BBRY!?. It hurts so much to all BBERs .

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:14 PM
    Knocking on wood,...I'm beyond 2 weeks with my Z10,....and I've yet to have one auto reboot. I'm on AT&T.

Hth
    04-09-13 06:39 PM
    Knocking on wood,...I'm beyond 2 weeks with my Z10,....and I've yet to have one auto reboot. I'm on AT&T.

Hth
    Same here and on at&t as well. Not bragging....... . just happy I'm not having any issues. Especially since I had planned on passing up this device.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-09-13 08:52 PM
    So I am one of the many users that has a Z10 and is experiencing the random reboots and locked screens that lead to a reboot, and I need some help. I can't have a phone that is going to do this to me in the hopes that someday a software fix will be released. I need a stable phone now and will be forced to exchange this for an Iphone 5 if I can't figure this out.

I have an STL100-4 with Verizon. I have already swapped my 1st Z10 for a new one. Both are doing the reboots. I have only loaded a handful of third party apps on the 1st one, and the new one I have not loaded ANY. I still get reboots. Here is what I have:
    - 1 gmail set to push, Facebook and Linkedin.
    - 32GB SD card plugged in. Used to be on my old android phone and has a lot of photos, music, and android related stuff on it.
    - Wifi is on
    - Blackberry protect is off, no encryption.
    - Most frequent things I use on the phone: Browser, Settings, Camera and Picture viewer, Reminder, and obviously Phone. I typically leave no more than 4 active frames open.
    - I have seen screen freezes while browsing or in settings or even in the Hub. I have also seen the phone reboot while sitting idle with a dark screen (I can tell because I either see the red LED, or when I unlock all my active frames are gone). I have also seen numerous reboots from the Bedside mode clock.

I am currently testing having Flash disabled in the browser. I had that enabled all the time on the 1st one. I am pretty sure that the 2nd one crashed when it was disabled, but I am making sure. Any other suggestions would be great.
    04-09-13 08:59 PM
    I also had this restarting issue, changed the z10 for a new one, now it's working like it should (no freezing, no restarting).

With the first device I had WhatsApp sideloaded and did a device change via memory card (from a bold 9900). Because the z10 was daily restarting without any reason, I did a wipe and software reload. At this point it should be like out of the box. So i just added one email account (no apps, no restore of the bold 9900 data) and gave it another try. Still had the freezing/restarting issue. :-(
    So in my opinion my first device had a hardware issue or reloading the devicesoftware doesn't delete everything, so that you don't get rid of some bad "Sideloaded Code" or whatever causing problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:21 AM
    So I am one of the many users that has a Z10 and is experiencing the random reboots and locked screens that lead to a reboot, and I need some help. I can't have a phone that is going to do this to me in the hopes that someday a software fix will be released. I need a stable phone now and will be forced to exchange this for an Iphone 5 if I can't figure this out.

I have an STL100-4 with Verizon. I have already swapped my 1st Z10 for a new one. Both are doing the reboots. I have only loaded a handful of third party apps on the 1st one, and the new one I have not loaded ANY. I still get reboots. Here is what I have:
    - 1 gmail set to push, Facebook and Linkedin.
    - 32GB SD card plugged in. Used to be on my old android phone and has a lot of photos, music, and android related stuff on it.
    - Wifi is on
    - Blackberry protect is off, no encryption.
    - Most frequent things I use on the phone: Browser, Settings, Camera and Picture viewer, Reminder, and obviously Phone. I typically leave no more than 4 active frames open.
    - I have seen screen freezes while browsing or in settings or even in the Hub. I have also seen the phone reboot while sitting idle with a dark screen (I can tell because I either see the red LED, or when I unlock all my active frames are gone). I have also seen numerous reboots from the Bedside mode clock.

I am currently testing having Flash disabled in the browser. I had that enabled all the time on the 1st one. I am pretty sure that the 2nd one crashed when it was disabled, but I am making sure. Any other suggestions would be great.
    Interesting. at&t did nothing to promote BlackBerry via displays or by training staff to focus on BlackBerry when someone ask questions or actually have the display model out.... . and charged.:banghead: Anyway, no issues here.........while Verizon has store displays up.......... and visible- even in the window. I actually went into a store and had a great conversation with a CS that didn't use BlackBerry, but, promoted it as part of his job (hint, hint at&t). Verizon is selling z10s like hotcakes at IHOP and customers are having issues. Go Figure. No digs at Verizon......just comparing the differences even when a carrier does actively support BlackBerry what can happen.
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-10-13 07:37 AM
    Hi all, try with the best new micro SIM inserted into Z10, this issue will be solved.
    04-15-13 10:26 PM
    No, it IS a big deal. For me anyway. Two examples - I'm on the road going to a vendor or customer using the BB as a GPS. It crashes mid trip. Now I have a choice - the safe one is to pull off the interstate and wait for the bloody thing to finish rebooting then restart my trip. Second is to reenter it on the fly. Next example - I have an alarm set and the thing crashes at night. No alarm. Also it's an annoyance. My Androids don't crash. My iPhone never crashed. My Bold 9930 never crashed. My Storm 2 - well, OK, sometimes it crashed (OS4 was good for that). But the Storm told you it was going to crash by getting slow - then you do a battery pull and hey, no problem. But for a stock phone to crash just sitting idle is kind of unacceptable. To me anyway and I bet to a lot of people who want their phone to just work. Yeah, it's not a problem to most of the people here since they are enthusiasts and are willing to look the other way for faults they would not tolerate on another platform. And believe it or not, I've been a crackberry addict for a long time. And if I didn't need a working phone so badly I'd put up with it too, since I am very sure BB will fix whatever OS fault is causing this and they will do it soon,. But right now, no. I can't do that. I will watch this forum for evidence of a fix.
    I agree there needs to be a fix and soon!! I have been on these forums for a few years now and never really ranted about a device. But this phone is really starting to get my goat!!! I turned it off, night time, plugged it in to charge, (BB Charger). In the morning my phone is on and ready for use. If it had rang in the middle of the night in my dead sleep and woke me up,.. it might have gotten thrown. I know some people use there phone as a alarm clock. But I turned it off for a reason, I wanted it OFF period!! How does it restart on its own. This is the straw that broke it for me. I don't want a device that has a mind of its own. Come on people lets figure out how to get something done besides leaked OS's and no apps installed, stock phones. We paid for a device that is supposed to at least work somewhat right. Sorry for the RANT!!
    04-18-13 08:46 AM
    Hi all, try with the best new micro SIM inserted into Z10, this issue will be solved.
    Can't confirm, had the same (new) SIM in two devices. The first one had issues all day long, the second z10 is working like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:49 AM
    I sit here and watch the folks with the reboot issue post over and over yet no one on CB puts out a word.

Has CB been asked/told to be silent on this issue? BB sure as he11 aint saying anything.

Patience is running thin....again.

Tim
    04-22-13 01:57 AM
96 ... 234