04-22-13 02:57 AM
96 1234
tools
    Actually phoens do this on the road when traveling through a bunch of towers. They can screw up and need rebooted.
    You are assuming I was traveling. I never said that. I was sitting at home at 10:30 at night. And having a phone reboot because you are handing off your phone to a different tower? Please. That's just ridiculous. That's what cell is all about and has been from day one. If BB can't do that - and I know they can since EVERY OTHER PHONE THEY MADE can do it - then they have a major problem, as in "I don't understand how cell works, but I'm making cell phones."

I have traveled cross country countless times with Blackberry, Android and iPhone, and not once have they screwed up because of handoffs. That's utterly basic to a cell phone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-08-13 09:12 AM
    Actually phoens do this on the road when traveling through a bunch of towers. They can screw up and need rebooted.
    I've never had a phone reboot on me because I was traveling and switching from cell tower to cell tower. Even if the phone needed a reboot, it should be the user initiating it, not the phone independently shutting itself down... what if you’re in the middle of composing an email or doing something else that you don’t really want to be interrupted for an app crash much less a phone reboot.
    MikeLip likes this.
    04-08-13 09:14 AM
    carriers I didn't say carrier

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:18 AM
    I am in Canada on telus - I got the phone on feb 5 - it never did a reboot by itself - screen froze twice tho
    04-08-13 09:23 AM
    And I see that the only way to talk to them is through Twitter. Are you kidding me? Seriously????
    You call the carrier support number and they then put you through to BlackBerry Tecnical support. Once you have an incident number from BlackBerry, you can either call them with that incident number or email them with the incident number in the subject line.

I had my carrier do just this a couple nights ago regarding a software problem on my wife's Z10. I was transferred to the support person, they said it was a problem related to software updates or security wipes and suggested a security wipe. When I got off the phone with support, I tried the security wipe, same problem. The next morning I sent an email about the problem not being fixed. I hadn't heard back from them a day later, so called the PlayBook support line, used my incident number and got through to a support person. While I was talking to him I googled the problem and the solution was on CrackBerry. Since then I have had two or three follow up emails from BlackBerry support, completer with numbers to call them back.

The moral of the story, is get through via your carrier, once you get an incident number from BlackBerry, you can follow up directly with BlackBerry rather than through your carrier.
    04-08-13 09:24 AM
    My VZW Z10 was rebooting quite often but has settled in after 2 (8 Meg) updates. Keep in mind that the updates do not apply to the device until it has been rebooted. I also did a wipe to clear out any weird settings I did while playing with BES 10. Good luck! I an betting on these issues being software related.
    04-08-13 09:24 AM
    Does the phone have a log tool we can turn on to monitor this weird effect? Just a thought. Thanks,.. I'm living with it, I have already returned one to get another doing the same issue. Mine reboots at night when in bedside mode, I know it happened cause the bedside mode is off and I see no red clock. I hope BB and the carriers are working feverishly to fix. This is giving this device and BB a bad taste in the mouth. Friends have said "no way Am I going to a device that has issues". CMon BB.
    04-08-13 09:42 AM
    Does the phone have a log tool we can turn on to monitor this weird effect? Just a thought. Thanks,.. I'm living with it, I have already returned one to get another doing the same issue. Mine reboots at night when in bedside mode, I know it happened cause the bedside mode is off and I see no red clock. I hope BB and the carriers are working feverishly to fix. This is giving this device and BB a bad taste in the mouth. Friends have said "no way Am I going to a device that has issues". CMon BB.
    Yes. Settings, security, diagnostics.
    My Z10 randomly restarts-img_00000073.png

I hope the update comes out soon. Windows Phone 8 had the same reboot issue at launch.

Posted via CB10
    cwest likes this.
    04-08-13 09:53 AM
    I've never had the Z10 reboot on me since I got it Feb 5th. I'm with Telus in Canada. I personally think it has to do with carrier added software in USA. The phone has only ever turned off when I powered it off. Seems very much like an OS issue. Alternatively, it could be due to some android ports you installed. Or maybe your carrier software is android port, which could explain why VZW devices are having the most problems
    04-08-13 09:58 AM
    We already know from the other 10 threads on this exact subject that it is SOFTWARE related, BlackBerry is aware and working on the issue.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-08-13 10:06 AM
    We already know from the other 10 threads on this exact subject that it is SOFTWARE related, BlackBerry is aware and working on the issue.

KB34039-BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage

Well they know. How long is it going to take them to issue a fix? I hope sooner than soon.
    04-08-13 10:12 AM
    I feel your pain, OP. Mine rebooted right in the middle of a Songza session for work. :P
    04-08-13 10:15 AM
    I only got it Friday and it has rebooted twice. So yeah, from day one. I already wiped my added software. I see BB thinks this is an OS issue and I got a tiny update last night (4 meg) that didn't require a restart. I don't know what that was, but this is annoying. I rely on the phone when I'm on the road and it looks like I am going back to the Note 2 for trips for the moment.
    As you probably know now, the 4mb update was to replace carrier installed apps that you deleted.

I think the reboot issue is more likely caused by a piece of software that you added. What apps have you added? Some are so badly written and polluted, that only a security wipe will fix the problem. That's something you could try and before loading new apps, test to see that that's what the problem is/was. Pretty sure it's not an OS or hardware related issue.
    04-08-13 10:18 AM
    I think the reboot issue is more likely caused by a piece of software that you added. What apps have you added? Some are so badly written and polluted, that only a security wipe will fix the problem. That's something you could try and before loading new apps, test to see that that's what the problem is/was. Pretty sure it's not an OS or hardware related issue.
    I hope this isn't true, as I've only downloaded BB-certified apps from BB World. If poorly-written apps are causing the system itself to crash, then BB's audits of developer submissions aren't up to snuff.
    04-08-13 10:22 AM
    Windows Phone 8 on HTC 8X and Lumia 920 handsets had this problem out the gate too -- it was fixed with a software update (and in HTC's case, a firmware update too).
    04-08-13 10:25 AM
    I hope this isn't true, as I've only downloaded BB-certified apps from BB World. If poorly-written apps are causing the system itself to crash, then BB's audits of developer submissions aren't up to snuff.
    BB certified means jack. You can't depend on that as they have probably either never been tested by BBRY, or not to any reasonable extent. There are many that are complete junk and OS polluters. What apps are they that you have installed?
    04-08-13 10:34 AM
    Yes.
    I'm having the same issue as you but I'm with T-Mobile. Purchased Friday, noticed 1 reboot Saturday and many Sunday. Did a factory reset and removed my SD card. Got 4 more reboots after that. Back to my Note 2 until I can get this replaced. Le'sigh
    04-08-13 10:36 AM
    I think I have a solution to this problem.

Doing further testing before I post on Crackberry and get labelled everything under the sun.

Posted via CB10
    Would be very keen to hear what you have to say.

Mike posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:37 AM
    As you probably know now, the 4mb update was to replace carrier installed apps that you deleted.

No. I deleted my installed software, which consisted of Kindle and, umm, that's it. It still happened. I'm pretty sure it IS an OS issue. I looked at the note BB has on it and it is "Escalated", which tells me BB knows it's an issue and they are working on it.
    04-08-13 10:41 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I got mine on launch date and it's been rebooting since then and I'm returning it for a new one today. I would advise you to do the same

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-08-13 10:41 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I got mine on launch date and it's been rebooting since then and I'm returning it for a new one today. I would advise you to do the same

Posted via CB10
    I just returned it to go back to the Note 2. I'll wait until I see this is fixed.
    04-08-13 10:43 AM
    I only got it Friday and it has rebooted twice. So yeah, from day one. I already wiped my added software. I see BB thinks this is an OS issue and I got a tiny update last night (4 meg) that didn't require a restart. I don't know what that was, but this is annoying. I rely on the phone when I'm on the road and it looks like I am going back to the Note 2 for trips for the moment.
    Are you running any Google Android software?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-08-13 10:44 AM
    I've not read all the responses, but if you haven't already turn off WIFI. Use it for a day or so like that, and see the outcome...

EDIT: oops, never mind, I see you've returned it.
    04-08-13 10:45 AM
    No. I deleted my installed software, which consisted of Kindle and, umm, that's it. It still happened. I'm pretty sure it IS an OS issue. I looked at the note BB has on it and it is "Escalated", which tells me BB knows it's an issue and they are working on it.
    Remove the microSIM card and use BlackBerry Link to restore to factory defaults which should include a generic version of BlackBerry OS 10.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-08-13 10:47 AM

KB34039-BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage

Do you know if this will include version 10.0.10.85? That’s the one I’m using and having reboots.
    04-08-13 10:50 AM
96 1234