I got the reboot too. Sometimes it happens when i'm doing something. It just frozen and restart itself. Sometimes it restart even when i do not touch. This happens so frequently
    04-08-13 09:52 AM
    Are you running any Google Android software?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    No. As I said in my quoted test, I wiped it. All of it. So the phone is stock. And the only app I had on came from the BB store - Kindle.
    04-08-13 09:57 AM
    Well, it does not look like you're alone on this. My Z10 (AT&T, OS 10.0.10.88, no side-loaded apps) has randomly rebooted about 8 times in the 2 weeks that I've had it.

I've got both device and SD card encryption on; SIM password on. I just figured that if my old 9900 could handle these settings with no problem, my Z10 should at the very least do just as well with them. But I'm trying to be patient since this is a 1st gen OS prone to some bugs here and there at the outset. But it's getting harder everyday!

Latest incident, yesterday: I was about an hour into a 2.5 hour drive, using Waze for navigation, when all of a sudden, BOOM... black screen... reboot. GRRRRRRR
    04-08-13 09:57 AM
    I got the reboot too. Sometimes it happens when i'm doing something. It just frozen and restart itself. Sometimes it restart even when i do not touch. This happens so frequently
    Last time it happened for me was last night with the phone sitting on the armrest of my chair, It just rebooted. There was nothing running and it was entirely stock at that point. BB has an OS problem, I'm pretty sure. It's packed up and gone as of now.
    04-08-13 09:59 AM
    When I'm on the road, and I will be next week (Boulder, CO! Yay?) the phone does EVERYTHING. It's my GPS, alarm clock, entertainment system and often secretary and note taker. The 9930 did all those things flawlessly, and did the Storm 2 before it and the Curve before that. The iPhone 4 and Note 2 as well. So yeah, I lean heavily on my phone. I'd like to be able to use it as a toy and a hobby, but when push comes to shove it has to work. This one didn't. Its unfortunate because I fell in love with it instantly.
    04-08-13 10:03 AM
    This sort of sucks. I was hoping I could rely on it! I thought something was funny when I put it on charge and went to sleep and when I woke up my live panes were gone. And then last night about 10:30PM it rebooted just sitting there doing nothing but displaying the lock screen. Ugh. Disappointing. Would it be at all possible that another Z10 would not have this problem?
    So far, no issues after a week. Good luck and you may have to go thru a few exchanges if the next one has issues. Happened with my 9000 and 9700.
    04-08-13 10:06 AM
    I am in Canada on telus - I got the phone on feb 5 - it never did a reboot by itself - screen froze twice tho
    Same here. In Canada with Telus. Version 10.0.10.85, no random reboot, only Hub crashing once every few weeks but reboot itself in a few seconds.

I'm wondering what carrier modification can affect the core OS to make it crash. I thought they were surface mods.
    04-08-13 10:26 AM
    I guess since the OP doesn't have the device anymore to test\troubleshoot, this is a moot point now, no?
    04-08-13 10:41 AM
    Also, not sure if I missed this, but there is a "Random Reboot KB"

KB34039-BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage

We seem to get it (a few devices) when TXT from voice mail comes in.

-Henry
    04-08-13 11:02 AM
    I was thinking about getting the Z10 this week. I've just trying to decide between T-Mobile and Verizon.

This rebooting problem worries me. I had this problem with my 9700 when I had some 3rd party software installed on it. One of the programs was Waze. The problem went away when I deleted the software. This particularly worries me if I'm on an important phone call or I'm using the GPS. I hope this problem gets fixed.
    04-08-13 11:22 AM
    As weird as it may sound, my Z10 was rebooting almost everyday, since day one or two, and I returned it to the att store and asked for another. It's been about a week since I've had the second one and it has not rebooted ONCE. I'm really happy.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:32 AM
    I experience it several times a week. Mostly at night like the others here -when suddenly it's not in bedside mode any more and I start hearing messages come in.
    I sure hope there is a fix soon.
    04-08-13 11:35 AM
    BB certified means jack. You can't depend on that as they have probably either never been tested by BBRY, or not to any reasonable extent. There are many that are complete junk and OS polluters.
    If that's actually true, then there's no point to the BB app store.
    04-08-13 11:36 AM
    It is a strange problem. I was getting reboots several times per day, but am now going on 30 hrs without a reboot. Verizon store manager said he wasn't too worried about it because he had the same thing happen with other new platforms as well. They were all solved with software updates.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:41 AM
    It is a strange problem. I was getting reboots several times per day, but am now going on 30 hrs without a reboot. Verizon store manager said he wasn't too worried about it because he had the same thing happen with other new platforms as well. They were all solved with software updates.

Posted via CB10
    I also haven't had a reboot in the past day and a half, and I used to get 5-6 a day.
    04-08-13 11:43 AM
    It has to be either software or hardware related. You can return it and get another or remove your added software and see if that stops it. Has it been doing this from day one?
    When you say added software, does that mean sideloaded apps?
    04-08-13 01:56 PM
    I should have kept quiet...just rebooted when I plugged it in. Oh well. I'll wait for the fix. I like it too much to take it back now.
    04-08-13 02:01 PM
    I have had several reboots. All of them while using stock software that came with the phone.
    Verizon Z10.

* First crash -- first night I got the phone, no apps installed that didn't come with it. No SD card. No device encryption.
    * Second crash -- second day, using picture viewer to view pictures that I had taken. Still no sd card, no encryption, no other apps installed.
    * Third crash -- using blackberry maps, trying to find an address. Phone rebooted, so I had to pull over to the side of the road to wait for it to return. By this point, I had enabled device encryption, added a sd card (without encryption), and installed a few app world apps
    * 4th crash -- Using the camera -- tried to take a picture, and the phone locked up and rebooted.

Blackberry touted their app isolation stuff, and the security of their platform. Regardless of how this plays out, even if adding apps can cause the phone to crash, it's a blackberry bug, not an app bug. What was this stuff that they talked about -- even if an app misbehaves, that app will crash and not bring down the whole system?

Saying "oh, it's crashing because of carrier bloatware" or "because you installed apps" or whatever is like apple's "You're holding it wrong".
    04-08-13 02:09 PM
    damn it, why is this happening. My phone just started randomly re-starting too.

This has happened several times to my girlfriend's Z10 as well. I'm starting to feel bad because I was the one who convinced her to leave her android phone to get a BB. and now the Z10 is doing this...its not a HUGe deal but it is annoying to have a phone shut off on you out of nowhere randomly. Hope BB comes out with a fix...
    04-08-13 02:09 PM
    Random reboots is a well known issue. But it's not a big deal really. It takes all of what? 2-3 minutes for it to restart.. it will be fixed I'm sure. But it's not a deal breaker for me at least.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 02:11 PM
    I had three reboots last week within a few days of each other. As of now, I haven't had one since Thursday evening (going on four days). Don't know if it's coincidence, but I deleted CB10 on Thursday and reinstalled all the other apps I thought might be possible culprits.

All I can say is, be patient. It takes time to first diagnose the cause of the problem, code a fix for it, and then thoroughly test it to make sure it doesn't make the problem worse or break something else. This issue has only been raised in significant number just over a week ago. I expect it could be at least another week before we'll see a fix.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-08-13 02:34 PM
    As you probably know now, the 4mb update was to replace carrier installed apps that you deleted.

I think the reboot issue is more likely caused by a piece of software that you added. What apps have you added? Some are so badly written and polluted, that only a security wipe will fix the problem. That's something you could try and before loading new apps, test to see that that's what the problem is/was. Pretty sure it's not an OS or hardware related issue.
    Don't think it's apps...wife and I got ours from at&t on 22Mar. She's made absolutely no changes to hers, whereas I have added 4 apps from BBWorld. Both of us suffer from random reboots whether we're using it or it's just sitting nearby doing nothing. Hope BB sends out a fix. No fun when you're in a conversation with somebody and the Z decides to reboot...
    04-08-13 02:57 PM
    I had three reboots last week within a few days of each other. As of now, I haven't had one since Thursday evening (going on four days). Don't know if it's coincidence, but I deleted CB10 on Thursday and reinstalled all the other apps I thought might be possible culprits.

All I can say is, be patient. It takes time to first diagnose the cause of the problem, code a fix for it, and then thoroughly test it to make sure it doesn't make the problem worse or break something else. This issue has only been raised in significant number just over a week ago. I expect it could be at least another week before we'll see a fix.
    Sure, go and throw some logic in there
    04-08-13 06:03 PM
    I wonder how many folks have to post here with this issue before CB or any other BB support website puts it on the front page and asks BB WTF???

Tim
    Not a bad question.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:08 PM
    I had a couple of reboots, they just happened in try to sync with Link - once that program gets a refresh, I'm sure we will be good to go!!
    04-08-13 06:11 PM
96 1234