This sort of sucks. I was hoping I could rely on it! I thought something was funny when I put it on charge and went to sleep and when I woke up my live panes were gone. And then last night about 10:30PM it rebooted just sitting there doing nothing but displaying the lock screen. Ugh. Disappointing. Would it be at all possible that another Z10 would not have this problem?
    04-08-13 06:00 AM
    It has to be either software or hardware related. You can return it and get another or remove your added software and see if that stops it. Has it been doing this from day one?
    04-08-13 06:03 AM
    I only got it Friday and it has rebooted twice. So yeah, from day one. I already wiped my added software. I see BB thinks this is an OS issue and I got a tiny update last night (4 meg) that didn't require a restart. I don't know what that was, but this is annoying. I rely on the phone when I'm on the road and it looks like I am going back to the Note 2 for trips for the moment.
    04-08-13 06:07 AM
    Have you tried a factory reset that may do the trick. Mine resets once a week but that's it nor a big deal. Any cell phone or have ever owned has reset one time or another.

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    04-08-13 06:08 AM
    See all the threads already on this issue.
    Let the carrier know and take it back if it interupts your usage in any way.

Tim
    ATMJOE likes this.
    04-08-13 06:13 AM
    Yeah, it just did it again. I went from super excited to super disappointed. Back it goes. It can't do this while I'm on the road.
    04-08-13 06:15 AM
    I wonder how many folks have to post here with this issue before CB or any other BB support website puts it on the front page and asks BB WTF???

Tim
    04-08-13 06:16 AM
    It has to be either software or hardware related.
    You definitely covered all the bases there.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:17 AM
    I think I have a solution to this problem.

Doing further testing before I post on Crackberry and get labelled everything under the sun.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:26 AM
    Yeah, it just did it again. I went from super excited to super disappointed. Back it goes. It can't do this while I'm on the road.
    Is Verizon your carrier?

Tim
    04-08-13 06:28 AM
    I think I have a solution to this problem.

Doing further testing before I post on Crackberry and get labelled everything under the sun.

Posted via CB10
    Make sure to let Blackberry know as they don't have a clue right now.

Tim
    04-08-13 06:29 AM
    Is Verizon your carrier?

Tim
    Yes.
    04-08-13 06:34 AM
    It has to be either software or hardware related.
    Probably......

Tim
    04-08-13 06:35 AM
    Make sure to let Blackberry know as they don't have a clue right now.

Tim
    How do I do that? They made it impossible to talk to them when they were RIM. I know I wanted to talk to them about my 9930 but there was no way to get in touch with them unless you were corporate and needed help with BES or something. Your only recourse was forums.
    04-08-13 06:35 AM
    Yes.
    One poll on here showed over 200 out of 400 had this issue and most were on Verizon.
    BB has it head in the sand and Verzion just gives you a big "WHAT?".

Some noise needs to be made. Verzion and BB let this phone out the gate like this.

Tim
    04-08-13 06:37 AM
    How do I do that? They made it impossible to talk to them when they were RIM. I know I wanted to talk to them about my 9930 but there was no way to get in touch with them unless you were corporate and needed help with BES or something. Your only recourse was forums.
    And I see that the only way to talk to them is through Twitter. Are you kidding me? Seriously????
    04-08-13 06:40 AM
    Tell Verizon To smarten the **** up with their bloatware... i have never seen so many complaints because of one specific carrier

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:34 AM
    BlackBerry do know about the reboot issue but the majority of z10 users don't experience reboots. My guess is that specific carriers have their own crappy software implemented ex Verizon users get reboots.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:36 AM
    I am on t mobile and I get reboots too...don't think its carrier specific... all I can do now is hope that the update fixes almost all the bugs...fingers crossed.............in other news, I love my z10
    04-08-13 07:47 AM
    Mine rebooted yesterday while I was chatting on my BBM group? The phone just froze and restarted by itself, I am on T-Mobile USA and I have no side-loaded apps and only a few core apps loaded. That previous reboot happened few days ago after I hung up after a phone call, the device just restarted by self, no message or warning?

To me this is a serious issue and and I suspect it's software related and needs to be addressed by Blackberry ASAP. We users who gave up our previous platforms to come back to Blackberry shouldn't be forced to wait a month for a fix to show up in the next major software update.
    kbz1960 and thepanttherlady like this.
    04-08-13 07:47 AM
    It's very much carrier specific when it comes to US carriers. I haven't heard any reports outside the US about this.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:55 AM
    I'm in Canada on Bell, my Z10 reboots itself at least once a day.
    04-08-13 08:02 AM
    Actually phoens do this on the road when traveling through a bunch of towers. They can screw up and need rebooted.
    04-08-13 08:03 AM
    One poll on here showed over 200 out of 400 had this issue and most were on Verizon.
    BB has it head in the sand and Verzion just gives you a big "WHAT?".

Some noise needs to be made. Verzion and BB let this phone out the gate like this.

Tim
    It makes me wonder if live tests were done at all. Let 50 people have one and use it. Geez
    04-08-13 08:07 AM
    It's very much carrier specific when it comes to US carriers. I haven't heard any reports outside the US about this.

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not. I've seen posts from owners on other carriers like T-Mobile - read earlier on this thread. I bought mine from Amazon and I didn't see much of any crapware on it. It sure isn't like buying Android with all that NFL and Verizon stuff. Anyway, it's gone. Here's hoping I will be able to get another when this problem is sorted.
    04-08-13 08:07 AM
96 123 ...