As title. I've had a look at past Crackberry posts, but couldn't find a straight forward answer for 2020. Apologies if I've missed this. My wife has downloaded BBM Enterprise as I believe she has to do, and has signed up for a subscription which appears necessary. We can make voice only calls and can text chat, but when she video calls me with the Video icon it only comes in on my Z10 (latest software) as an audio call. I don't have the Video icon on my screen to try and initiate a video call from my BB to her iPhone. Any ideas, Crackberrians?? Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-20 05:19 PM
    P.S. I seem to remember reading that I might need to 'switch' to a different type of BBM but can't seem to find an option for that in BB10 BBM??

Posted via CB10
    03-19-20 05:24 PM
    OK, so a bit of progress - seems like my BB10 BBM wasn't on the latest version, and after I'd updated it I got the option to switch to Enterprise. I've just clicked that option, and the old BBM app did something for a second, then opened BBWorld and showed the BBM Enterprise logo. Now... nothing. Have tried this a couple of times, rebooted etc., but it doesn't seem to progress any further. My BBM is left un-enterprised still. Any thoughts on anything I might be doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-20 05:50 PM
    OK, so I've now read further into the cross platform BBM(e) debacle and guess I'm best staying on BBM Classic on my Z10. So, before I completely abandon this thread, lol, I guess my original question (as per thread title) still stands - can I video call my wife, or not??? If not, are there any video call solutions that still work x-platform in this new decade?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-20 06:05 PM
    OK, so a bit of progress - seems like my BB10 BBM wasn't on the latest version, and after I'd updated it I got the option to switch to Enterprise. I've just clicked that option, and the old BBM app did something for a second, then opened BBWorld and showed the BBM Enterprise logo. Now... nothing. Have tried this a couple of times, rebooted etc., but it doesn't seem to progress any further. My BBM is left un-enterprised still. Any thoughts on anything I might be doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    You don't want to switch to enterprise on BB10 unless you have a full corporate account. If you do switch, you'll get an error where you may have to reset your entire device to get rid of it.
    A full corporate account costs closer to $50 CAD, and the help of a BlackBerry representative is required.
    treolivesuk likes this.
    03-19-20 06:08 PM
    If you want an Enterprise account, you'll need to contact BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    treolivesuk likes this.
    03-20-20 07:49 AM
    still stands - can I video call my wife, or not??
    As far as I know, video calling still works with Telegram on a BB10 device connected to any other device. Someone may correct me on this since it's been awhile that I've used it.
    03-20-20 09:12 AM
    As far as I know, video calling still works with Telegram on a BB10 device connected to any other device. Someone may correct me on this since it's been awhile that I've used it.
    I think you mean WhatsApp. Telegram does not yet have video.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-20-20 10:45 AM
    I think you mean WhatsApp. Telegram does not yet have video.
    Whoops - yup thanks. My head is still in a fog. Just got out of the hospital after a pulmonary embolism. Lucky to be alive!
    03-20-20 11:29 AM
    Whoops - yup thanks. My head is still in a fog. Just got out of the hospital with a pulmonary embolism. Lucky to be alive!
    Yikes. That's not the reply I expected! Glad you're still here!
    brookie229 and elfabio80 like this.
    03-20-20 11:31 AM
    Thanks for replies, guys, and get well soon, Brookie!! Don't fancy paying for an Enterprise account. I guess WhatsApp a possibility then. Does anyone know whether there's still a working (video call possible) version of Skype operational on BB10??

Posted via CB10
    03-20-20 11:54 AM
    For information my wife uses my old Z-10 and have planned bringing my back-up Passport for BBM exchanges while travelling, the KEY2 being my work main driver. At work they are now promoting the use of ZOOM to replace Skype conference calls, and which is very useful for our international calls to both desktops and smartphones (one on one calls free). I am continuing (when able to find some free time) various tests to maximize my travel communication options.

I include the following from memory lane: https://crackberry.com/zoom-cloud-me...587.1456314634

Note: Unfortunately did a recent wipe on the Passport and lost the Skype reference, but I had a version working from one identified Skype for tablets??
    Last edited by rarsen; 03-21-20 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Added info.
    treolivesuk likes this.
    03-21-20 09:21 AM
    Whoops - yup thanks. My head is still in a fog. Just got out of the hospital after a pulmonary embolism. Lucky to be alive!
    Are you kidding me?!? Couldn’t you just say coronavirus?

You’re such an overachiever for everything.

Seriously, get well, feel better, real soon...
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-21-20 10:47 AM
    Are you kidding me?!? Couldn’t you just say coronavirus?

You’re such an overachiever for everything.

Seriously, get well, feel better, real soon...
    Thanks Chuck! Yep with lung problems (big problems!) I really don't want CV-19 right now. I am seriously isolated right now and will stay that way until I get better. Thanks again for the sentiments.
    03-21-20 11:10 AM
    Thanks Chuck! Yep with lung problems (big problems!) I really don't want CV-19 right now. I am seriously isolated right now and will stay that way until I get better. Thanks again for the sentiments.
    CV-19. USS Hancock.
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-21-20 11:31 AM
    Wow, sorry to hear that brookie, serious stuff.

Keep yourself safe!
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-22-20 08:18 AM
    Many thanks for all replies, stay safe guys :-)

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-22-20 12:55 PM
    Hey. I've been through all this with working away a lot.

Basically video call and BB10 aren't available natively any more.

1) BB10 must have NORMAL BBM installed, not Enterprise in order to talk to your wife on iPhone BBM Enterprise. You will only be able to do text messages and audio calls... no video, sorry.

2) Skype is an absolutely awful battery drainer when you have it on a BB10 phone. I found it unbearable and it had to be deleted sadly. This was on a Passport, the most powerful BB10 device.

3) WhatsApp does work for video and audio calls. Personally I didn't want WhatsApp in my life. Now what my wife and I do is arrange a Skype by messaging as usual over BBM, then we talk using Skype on the work laptop.

4) Do not under any circumstances be tempted by the app Skype10 in BBM from Nemory studios!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-20 02:49 AM
    Thanks very much for the detailed reply James, how did you know I was being tempted by Nemory?!! I will give him a wide berth (after the disappointing Twitter app I bought last month). Looks like I will have to work around, as you suggest, and keep looking at what I *have* got in BB10, not what I *haven't*. Glass is half-full, right?? :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-25-20 01:36 PM
    You're welcome.

Also, there used to be a quirk with WhatsApp that it would crash at some point on BB10 and the solution was to delete the most recent call from the call log or to only start a call in a particular way. I really can't remember exactly but if if WhatsApp goes wrong for you bear in mind that there is an easy work around.

Can a current BB10 WhatsApp user clarify if this is still an issue?

I am tempted to try WhatsApp again to keep in touch a bit more, especially cross border, with friends, family and colleagues.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-20 04:26 AM
    You're welcome.

Also, there used to be a quirk with WhatsApp that it would crash at some point on BB10 and the solution was to delete the most recent call from the call log or to only start a call in a particular way. I really can't remember exactly but if if WhatsApp goes wrong for you bear in mind that there is an easy work around.

I am tempted to try WhatsApp again to keep in touch a bit more, especially cross border, with friends, family and colleagues.

Posted via CB10
    This is no longer the case, it usually worked pretty flawlessly when I was still on BB10.
    03-26-20 05:05 AM
    You're welcome.

Posted via CB10
    I know two couples that just upgraded their phones in order to be able to do video calling because of COVID-19. I was going to help someone else get something setup at their home with their PC.... and Webcams are like toilet paper, they can't be found (reasonable). Thankfully she had an older laptop that had a camera built-in.
    03-26-20 07:29 AM
    Hey. I've been through all this with working away a lot.

Basically video call and BB10 aren't available natively any more.

1) BB10 must have NORMAL BBM installed, not Enterprise in order to talk to your wife on iPhone BBM Enterprise. You will only be able to do text messages and audio calls... no video, sorry.

2) Skype is an absolutely awful battery drainer when you have it on a BB10 phone. I found it unbearable and it had to be deleted sadly. This was on a Passport, the most powerful BB10 device.

3) WhatsApp does work for video and audio calls. Personally I didn't want WhatsApp in my life. Now what my wife and I do is arrange a Skype by messaging as usual over BBM, then we talk using Skype on the work laptop.

4) Do not under any circumstances be tempted by the app Skype10 in BBM from Nemory studios!

Posted via CB10
    Just a clarification...video calling through BBM on BB10 still works BB10 device to BB10 device (Wifi or Cellular, or wifi to cellular) if you have the contact set up in BBM (invited and accepted). So if you rustle up an old bb10 device to use for that purpose between the two of you, (isolation) you should be good to go...but test it first).
    03-28-20 02:56 PM
    Ah yes, he's right, you can still do video to video if you stick to BB10 devices.

In other news, I am delighted to say that Zoom works natively on BB10, talking to loads of people on all different platforms. I've had to use it for meetings on the laptop recently for obvious reasons. Tried it on the Z10 and it was pretty good! Sound went a bit funny at one point but I can't say why. Will try on the Passport next week.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59949934

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jamescarruthers; 03-28-20 at 04:11 PM.
    03-28-20 03:21 PM
    Ah yes, he's right, you can still do video to video of you stick to BB10 devices.

In other news, I am delighted to say that Zoom works natively on BB10, talking to loads of people on all different platforms. I've had to use it for meetings on the laptop recently for obvious reasons. Tried it on the Z10 and it was pretty good! Sound went a bit funny at one point but I can't say why. Will try on the Passport next week.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59949934

Posted via CB10
    Can confirm on my Passport that the native Zoom app from BBW still allows video conferencing. Used it last week.
    03-28-20 03:53 PM
27 12