i installed the latest update and my phone is so messed up,

it said it didnt work the first time so i did it again, and my icons were all rearanged, my hub wasn't working- i could see my messages but couldn't open them. i did so many restarts and battery pulls to see if it would fix it's self and it hasn't. i did a restore to my last backup and lost ALL my contacts.. how do i get them back???

in addition to loosing my contacts after my restore, it also deleted my email accounts
    this updated screwed up my phone so badly
    07-30-13 03:56 PM
    What update do you speak of?

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.810 using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-13 04:00 PM
    Hi and welcome. Let's see if we can help here.
    First of all, your contacts. Do you have outlook or gmail? when you set up your email account again (yes you have to do that anyway) you can have the accounts with your contacts sync them to your phone.

Your icons being rearranged etc shouldn't have happened with an OTA install. But you said something went wrong. If you restore a backup, your icons should go where they were when you made a backup. Re add your email accts and sync your contacts.

Let us know how you are doing. I can call on more help if you need it. You aren't alone so don't panic. Someone can help!!!
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-30-13 04:03 PM
    Hi and welcome. Let's see if we can help here.
    First of all, your contacts. Do you have outlook or gmail? when you set up your email account again (yes you have to do that anyway) you can have the accounts with your contacts sync them to your phone.

Your icons being rearranged etc shouldn't have happened with an OTA install. But you said something went wrong. If you restore a backup, your icons should go where they were when you made a backup. Re add your email accts and sync your contacts.

Let us know how you are doing. I can call on more help if you need it. You aren't alone so don't panic. Someone can help!!!
    it was the MR update, i dont keep my contacts in my hotmail, gmail, or school email. they 'were' just all on my phone. im doing a factory reset and then going to try and restore it to not my last backup that when i restored i lost my contacts but to the one before thand and see if i can get my contacts back... hopefully... i dont know what else to do
    07-30-13 04:08 PM
    Yep, when I downloaded the new update from Rogers last night the same thing happened to me, and NO i did NOT pull my battery during install. I left it do it's thing, said it installed successfully and BAM my phone is all messed up now. Great product.
    07-30-13 04:32 PM
    First mistake was just keeping your contacts on your phone and no where else. You're a lot more adventurous than me.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 04:39 PM
    the back up restores dont seem to restore my contacts, why is that?
    07-30-13 07:03 PM