Received a z10 from a friend. I'm trying to use a Roam mobility sim to use in the US. It is not accepting the sim. It says device is MEP locked. Contact your service provider. if I go into system settings and check security and privacy and then sim card, it says that the sim card is not compatible with either the network or the device. Contact your service provider. I am using their micro sim card. It also says that the Network Subset is Unlocked and the Service provider is Unlocked. I've used this sim in many other phones. Not sure what the issue is. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    11-10-15 01:24 PM
    Is there a big button that says "Unlock Network"?

As far as I know, every phone has Network Subset and Service Provider unlocked, it's just Network that needs to be.
    11-10-15 01:29 PM
    It says to enter a Network unlock code. Contact the original carrier to obtain code. attempts remaining 10. So it sounds like it is locked to a carrier. How do I find out to which carrier so that I can purchase an "unlock code".
    Thanks again!
    11-10-15 01:44 PM
    Thanks for your reply! Yes there is a big button. It says to enter a Network unlock code. Contact the original carrier to obtain code. attempts remaining 10. So it sounds like it is locked to a carrier. How do I find out to which carrier so that I can purchase an "unlock code".
    Thanks again! PS. Sorry I posted a general reply to my own original post. Newbie error.
    11-10-15 01:55 PM
    Thanks for your reply! Yes there is a big button. It says to enter a Network unlock code. Contact the original carrier to obtain code. attempts remaining 10. So it sounds like it is locked to a carrier. How do I find out to which carrier so that I can purchase an "unlock code".
    Thanks again! PS. Sorry I posted a general reply to my own original post. Newbie error.
    Why don't you ask your friend?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-10-15 02:00 PM
    I could. He was kind enough to give me the phone so I didn't want to keep bugging him about these technical issues. I thought I could figure it out myself.
    11-10-15 02:09 PM
    I could. He was kind enough to give me the phone so I didn't want to keep bugging him about these technical issues. I thought I could figure it out myself.
    It's best to figure out from the source which carrier it was that originally had the phone.

Once you get that, find an unlock code (I personally use Unlock Codes & Network Cellphone Unlocking | CellUnlocker.net) and enter it in the field you get when you tap "Unlock Network".

If all goes well, you'll get an unlocked phone.
    11-10-15 03:24 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    11-10-15 08:19 PM