11-17-21 05:54 AM
60 123
tools
    I only used BB10 while it was pretty much still in development, so was always a new leak to install at least once a month.... so clean installs was a way of life. But last six months or so went without any updates, and I still did a clean install at least once a month.

Now 10.3.3 came after I left.... but I still had to do a clean install once or twice in the last few years as something would get "stuck". Android 6 & 7 really needed "resets" as well. But Android 8 didn't seem to require it. Yet it always made my phone buttery smooth....
    10-21-21 08:15 AM
    Maybe - I never used a lot of android apps but I've never had to do a security wipe with either of my two devices. Right now I'm running 12 android apps on my Passport which has been going uninterrupted by autoloader or security wipes for 7 years. From my point of view that's pretty stable for tech from 2012. Gotta soon do my Passport though!
    This is me, too. I have done nothing but over the air AT&T updates since launch day on my Z10. I've never had to wipe or reset it. BB10 has been, hands down, the most stable computing platform I've experienced in the 40+ years I've been using computers. I've only installed a few Android apps, and I've never side-loaded anything.

I plan to do a full wipe in the next month, just to ensure as clean a slate as possible for the end-of-life phase after backend services are terminated.

As of right now, my 2013 Z10 is still my fastest and most reliable device for my Office 365 and Exchange services. It handily beats my 2017 KEYone and 2020 iPhone. Those devices do a million other things wonderfully well. But not email, not even close.

Also, not running a SIM card (WiFi only) seems to give me all day battery life on my 5 year old battery! Who'd have thunk it?

Posted via CB10
    bbfanfan likes this.
    10-28-21 11:05 PM
    Look back at the hundreds of posts circa 2013-2015 where I was troubleshooting Runtime glitches for countless users.

I was very much in the thick of it, so I have a very firm recollection of the events.
    Agreed. That's why I never really adopted use of the Runtime. My attitude was that, if I wanted to use Android there were ALWAYS better Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    bbfanfan likes this.
    10-28-21 11:07 PM
    This is me, too. I have done nothing but over the air AT&T updates since launch day on my Z10. I've never had to wipe or reset it. BB10 has been, hands down, the most stable computing platform I've experienced in the 40+ years I've been using computers. I've only installed a few Android apps, and I've never side-loaded anything.

I plan to do a full wipe in the next month, just to ensure as clean a slate as possible for the end-of-life phase after backend services are terminated.

As of right now, my 2013 Z10 is still my fastest and most reliable device for my Office 365 and Exchange services. It handily beats my 2017 KEYone and 2020 iPhone. Those devices do a million other things wonderfully well. But not email, not even close.

Also, not running a SIM card (WiFi only) seems to give me all day battery life on my 5 year old battery! Who'd have thunk it?

Posted via CB10
    I thought BB10 was fairly robust but it had its fair share of bugs, no matter the version. They did diminish over the couple active years of updates, but I wasn’t prepared for the solidity I’ve been getting from iOS. I could be a bit starry-eyed from the five and half years on Android and especially the final year with the train wreck that was the OnePlus 6t on Android 10.

On a side note, my Z10 gets 4 days on its original battery on Wi-Fi only nowadays.
    bb10adopter111 likes this.
    10-28-21 11:34 PM
    I thought BB10 was fairly robust but it had its fair share of bugs, no matter the version. They did diminish over the couple active years of updates, but I wasn’t prepared for the solidity I’ve been getting from iOS. I could be a bit starry-eyed from the five and half years on Android and especially the final year with the train wreck that was the OnePlus 6t on Android 10.

On a side note, my Z10 gets 4 days on its original battery on Wi-Fi only nowadays.
    Yes, there were certainly bugs and missing features. None of them ever really impacted me, however, as most of the core functionality I had been missing after moving from BBOS to my 2012 iPhone were vastly improved from iOS.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-21 12:03 AM
    .. .. As of right now, my 2013 Z10 is still my fastest and most reliable device for my Office 365 and Exchange services. It handily beats my 2017 KEYone and 2020 iPhone. Those devices do a million other things wonderfully well. But not email, not even close.
    From one of your posts maybe a year ago I understood you to say that a Microsoft ActiveSync account had stopped working after new security impositions defeated BB10. My experience exactly, and since then I have been able to access work email only over clunking webmail. (Though my Outlook account continues to work just fine.) Also identically to your experience, until that point no other phone / OS came close to the Z10 for email speed, reliability, convenience. Your recent assertion suggests you can still use MAS on your phone on an Office365 account and, dunno, have worked around security issues? Have I misunderstood? I guess an Outlook apk would also address the problem but I haven't found one that works on a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-21 12:18 AM
    From one of your posts maybe a year ago I understood you to say that a Microsoft ActiveSync account had stopped working after new security impositions defeated BB10. My experience exactly, and since then I have been able to access work email only over clunking webmail. (Though my Outlook account continues to work just fine.) Also identically to your experience, until that point no other phone / OS came close to the Z10 for email speed, reliability, convenience. Your recent assertion suggests you can still use MAS on your phone on an Office365 account and, dunno, have worked around security issues? Have I misunderstood? I guess an Outlook apk would also address the problem but I haven't found one that works on a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I have my own subscription to Office 365 which includes Cloud Exchange. I am the admin for those accounts, and I have had no problem connecting to those on my Z10. For now, it appears that the changes Microsoft has made to their security model are not a problem so long as the Admin allows third party email clients to access Exchange.

Obviously, not everyone is their own admin. I have not been able to connect my Outlook.com account, but honestly, I haven't tried hard enough o say it doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    bbfanfan likes this.
    10-31-21 03:21 AM
    I'm not sure I can confirm exactly what I'm running but the connection server is eas.outlook.com which I think should be Exchange Active Sync? Has been working well so far, email, calendar, contacts and even notes (to Remember).
    The notes function might stop working soon, but so far so good.
    11-04-21 01:33 PM
    That's what my outlook.com account uses on my Z10.

For some reason, on android, it wants to be outlook.office365.com for the very same account. Even if I manually type in the office365 server name on the Z10, it reverts to eas.outlook.com.
    11-04-21 02:16 PM
    Use a blackberry Z10 to email hfr French tech apps podcast bird10, bbtube, crackberry , music and audiobook, rss and little browsing because no solutions works great as the native browser near 3years.
    If aliexpress amazon and telegram will have a cascade version that works it will be great.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-21 05:54 AM
60 123