Slightly off topic, but I'm curious why you would want to use your phone for music in a car. I get so many free USB drives from corporate gifts to them coming free with stuff you buy. (think this is quite common nowadays?)

Even if you don't get free usb drives on a regular basis like I do, an 8gb drive is just a few bucks now. I practically leave mine plugged into my car permanently. No need to worry about draining battery, no need to plug in car adaptor..

Or is it the case some of you are using services like Spotify?
    I always use my phone for music and podcasts while I drive. It keeps me from having to carry anything extra. I just pop my phone into the holder on the windshield, plug it in, and go. I'll have Waze open with Amazon MP3, Spotify, or a podcast app running in the background.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    07-22-14 12:27 PM
    You are making a good point there with some potentially really good excuses for the iPhone's lack of performance.... but not in this case: both of us were in the same spot, right beside each other and we both had our phones with the same carrier.

But you'll be happy to know that after another 20 minutes of hiking, and after about 100 meters of elevation gain, my iphone-toting friend finally got a signal... we know the exact moment cuz his phone beeped with an incoming message that had been sent earlier in the day.
    Still don't think you can use that one event and extrapolate that to say that the Z10 is better than the iPhone.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-22-14 02:30 PM
    Still don't think you can use that one event and extrapolate that to say that the Z10 is better than the iPhone.

Yes I can... and I just did.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 05:14 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is way better than IPhone because I said it. Even Chuck Norris agrees with me.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche, Carmels and crazigee like this.
    07-22-14 05:25 PM
    Yes I can... and I just did.

Posted via CB10
    No. You showed that on one occasion it was better.

07-22-14 06:00 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is way better than IPhone because I said it. Even Chuck Norris agrees with me.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I can't argue with Chuck Norris! Lol

FF22 likes this.
    07-22-14 06:00 PM
    I store my podcasts on the usb drive as well. Moat of the time I don't need navigation as I'm going to familiar places. But I guess once the more advanced systems like carplay or whatever become more mainstream linking a phone would add a lot more value than just leaving a usb drive there as a jukebox.

Heh this reminds me of the excellent talk given by one of BlackBerry's automotive guys when I was at Orlando 2012. Need to dig up my notes I took during that event
    07-23-14 03:54 AM
    I have a long commute with a lot of traffic. I keep Waze running to help me get around backups.

07-23-14 04:02 AM
    I'm with Kbill. Music and Waze through Bluetooth.
    kbill1984 likes this.
    07-23-14 04:30 AM
    Well, just yesterday my BlackBerry was owned by a lumia 720. I was trying to connect to a wifi hotspot and it was stuck in obtaining the ip address. Lumia connected in seconds. A reboot didn't fix the problem.
    My point is that some glitches may occur to every device.

Z10/white/100-2/10.2.1.3247
    kbill1984 likes this.
    07-23-14 06:11 AM
    I surprised someone when we has music and voice navigation going to our blue tooth stereo. He was an android user, can they not do that? I was like ya of course my z10 can do that...

Posted via CB10
    He's just late to the party

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 06:39 AM
    Well, just yesterday my BlackBerry was owned by a lumia 720. I was trying to connect to a wifi hotspot and it was stuck in obtaining the ip address. Lumia connected in seconds. A reboot didn't fix the problem.

Exactly. Despite the fact that my BlackBerry sometimes gets owned by an iPhone I'm not about to go out and buy one. That my BlackBerry was beaten on one particular occasion doesn't mean that other device is actually better than my Z10 overall.

07-23-14 10:38 AM

Happens to me quite often. Restart usually works. Annoying nevertheless.
    07-23-14 01:18 PM
    These cases are completely anecdotal. There are times when my Z10 will connect to my car but my HTC One won't and vice versa. The crackberry app crashes frequently on my HTC One, but I can't log in to the app on my Z10. These are most likely isolated occurrences. I still love my playbook and Z10 as well as my nexus 7 and HTC one, but these threads become ridiculous fanboy circle jerks.

07-23-14 03:17 PM
    These cases are completely anecdotal. There are times when my Z10 will connect to my car but my HTC One won't and vice versa. The crackberry app crashes frequently on my HTC One, but I can't log in to the app on my Z10. These are most likely isolated occurrences. I still love my playbook and Z10 as well as my nexus 7 and HTC one, but these threads become ridiculous fanboy circle jerks.

Exactly.

OP, has made a feeble attempt to say that his BlackBerry did better than an iPhone once and therefore it is in all circumstances. Unfortunately, one occasion on which the phone performed better than another is not sufficient to extrapolate that the phone is better overall.

Let's image the same set of circumstances were published in an article somewhere on the web, but the phones reversed and it was the iPhone that had the better signal. If the writer tried to use that as evidence that the iPhone is better than BlackBerry, everyone on CB would be jumping down his throat. They'd be calling him a hater and saying he's bashing BlackBerry.

Hypocrisy.

kbill1984 likes this.
    07-23-14 05:20 PM
    my friend car does not has BT and all that stuff. so one day we are traveling in the middle of nowhere, 4 friends 2 have in i5 seating in the back, one has lg g flex passager and ofcourse me driver with my z10. one iphone chick wants to play music, her volume is too low, we can't hear the song. asks lg chick why her car does not have BT, lg chick is like, my phone is loud. i happen to have the song she wanted to play saved on my phone, so i cranked it up.... everybody is like, whoa, from a blackberry. am like yeah it's the new blackberry. they are like, man that blackberry has speakers like whoa! am like yeah. iphone chick is like but that is old, and mine is an iphone. am like nah, yours is old, mine is a whole new OS from scratch. i told her, her iphone is not giving the song justice, she is like, it's an iphone, am like yeah sucks coz that's a very nice jamz you iphone almost ruined.
    Atmarix, gokulesh and PatrickMJS like this.
    07-24-14 12:20 AM
    My cousin tried to use his broadcast videos from his Samsung phone to our Samsung smart tv. It took him ages to figure out how to even find the settings etc. I just opened up my video and press the play on button.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-24-14 12:56 AM
    Well, there is this android app called Show Box where you can watch movies on your phone or tablet (movies that are out now!). I was at a relatives house and we wanted to watch some new movies from Show Box on a TV and the android phone couldn't connect to the TV via HDMI. I used my adapter, plugged the phone into the TV and WALLAH. They had to stop watching when I left, because I took my phone. LOL
    I just looked for that show box and it's just a light show app. Did you confuse it with another app? If so can you tell me which one? I would like to see the latest movies.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 01:34 AM
    my friend car does not has BT and all that stuff. so one day we are traveling in the middle of nowhere, 4 friends 2 have in i5 seating in the back, one has lg g flex passager and ofcourse me driver with my z10. one iphone chick wants to play music, her volume is too low, we can't hear the song. asks lg chick why her car does not have BT, lg chick is like, my phone is loud. i happen to have the song she wanted to play saved on my phone, so i cranked it up.... everybody is like, whoa, from a blackberry. am like yeah it's the new blackberry. they are like, man that blackberry has speakers like whoa! am like yeah. iphone chick is like but that is old, and mine is an iphone. am like nah, yours is old, mine is a whole new OS from scratch. i told her, her iphone is not giving the song justice, she is like, it's an iphone, am like yeah sucks coz that's a very nice jamz you iphone almost ruined.
    To be fair, no phone speakers really do a song justice. My HTC One handily beats my Z10, but it still sounds like a phone.

07-24-14 05:58 AM
    I just looked for that show box and it's just a light show app. Did you confuse it with another app? If so can you tell me which one? I would like to see the latest movies.

Posted via CB10
    http://media-apps.cc/android/

Here you go.

Posted via CB10
    omega supreme likes this.
    07-24-14 06:03 AM
    http://media-apps.cc/android/

Here you go.

Posted via CB10
    Wow thanks! odd that the google app store has a different app under that name. this will save me a lot of money in going to the movies.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 01:58 PM
46 12