When I launch camera and prepare to take a forward facing photo I see a faint line on the screen which also appears on the final picture. When I Take a selfie the picture is fine and no such line appeared a perfect picture. Any suggestions please, looks like a problem with the lens perhaps?
    03-15-15 06:03 AM
    Sounds plausible for it to either be a scratch or debris on the exterior or interior glass covering over the camera lens. Or its the camera module itself. Clean things outside, then inside if you have the proper T1 and T3 Torx screwdrivers as well as a case opening pry tool. Watch videos on YouTube on how to change the digitizer screen to get a sense of how to open the phone and get access to the camera and other parts inside. Then you can figure out if it's simply a dirty or damaged lens or full camera module.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-15-15 09:57 AM
    Thanks, will give it a go and post back findings
    chaosdivine likes this.
    03-16-15 02:20 AM
    Cool. Oh, if you open the phone up, you will most likely want to reapply CPU thermal paste (it's like a grey toothpaste) to where the CPU adheres to the metal heat spreading plate. This is very important and not reapplying thermal paste properly can lead to CPU overheating and ultimate phone death. Thermal paste is like $7-10 at a computer hardware store. Don't apply it in toothpaste like amounts (too much is not good), but not enough is not good too. Three rice sized blobs stacked one above the other (think ladder rung like - but they should be touching) should cover things. When the paste heats up, it will reflow. If you add too much it will reflow all over the inside of your phone and make a huge mess.

Oh, and to remove the old thermal paste, use as close to pure rubbing alcohol as possible and some Q-tips.

Sounds harder than it is but it's not...just go slow and make a note of where your screws come out of too. If you can draw a little chicken scratch drawing of the phone and where the screws come out from, you will have a much easier time putting things back together properly.

There is one hidden screw under a small black sticker in the first stage that might throw you off. You have to remove the black sticker to see it. BlackBerry puts it there so they know when someone's been poking around inside the phone. Removing the sticker voids your warranty so do this if you're indeed OK with performing phone surgery.

It's all super easy to do. I've done it once already successfully without issue. Watch several YouTube videos as some are better than others.
    03-16-15 11:50 AM
    Thanks very much for the advice. This problem all started when I dropped the screen and cracked the display. Changed the screen no probe and all worked ok except the camera as per my previous thread. Co u of well have been a problem caused by the drop. Anyway got a pucker camera replacement and fitted it earlier today. On re inserting the battery (and everything else of course) I get no screen and the red light flashes in sequence of 2 flashes followed by 4 flashes. Have taken apart and checked/reset all
    Connectors with no joy. Have replaced the camera with the original but still no joy. Any help please really appreciatted.
    Rustybronco likes this.
    03-20-15 01:42 PM
    I haven't yet interpreted the LED codes (and probably won't be able to since you have access to the phone and I don't), but I rewrote someone else's excellent post in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-i-fix-993408/ see post #14.

See if you can interpret the code readout. I have yet to process everything but I will once I dump this link in this post. I'll write more in a few minutes once I think of a solution.

For now, I'd make sure you check every ribbon cable clip attachment twice - and then twice more (I know you have done this already). I personally think something isn't attached correctly. For the screen to work properly one time and not the second time sounds strange. I would especially check the camera module connection since the original seemed to work but the new one didn't and that's when the problem occurred.

Also, you did get the right LCD part for your phone correct? There are two types, one for a 3G phone and one for a 4G phone. If you have your old LCD screen, make sure the code stamped on the back is the same as the one you just inserted. If they're different, it won't work.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 03-20-15 at 02:37 PM.
    03-20-15 02:16 PM
    Just removed motherboard again and rearranged all ribbon cables etc. Still the same! Help me someone!
    03-21-15 03:44 AM
    Changed screen and has fixed the problem, fortunately I bought two screens just in case. Disappointing 1st replacement only last 2 weeks and I didn't drop it this time either!
    03-21-15 11:50 AM
    Changed screen and has fixed the problem, fortunately I bought two screens just in case. Disappointing 1st replacement only last 2 weeks and I didn't drop it this time either!
    Possible the ribbon was damaged when you opened the phone again to replace the camera.
    03-21-15 12:38 PM